beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 4/14/2018 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I resisted and resisted this stupid - looking "fad". After all, I had in the past (before cruelty was a concept) had cruel Chanel brushes. Boy were they good.

Older, weird hormones, super-oily, now some cheek flakes: yuk. Oh, I tried a super-awful knock-off. And more facial hair. I walked into an Ulta by my house and my friend-to-be who had just the right amount of pushiness to shut me up

because whatever I knew did not matter - I had a problem and I was not solving it.Leslie, my new friend got the IT! CC Cream (But it's not Chanel!) and an ORIGINAL BEAUTY BLENDER that she wet.

Like magic we were (SHE WAS) able to spring and bounce and toss that magical stupid pink thing so as to minimally or not at all disrupt or accentuate the weird flakiness and hairiness on my cheeks! The IT! Looked better than anything at the time, the water was more moisture - I got them both!

I would NOT trade that stupid pink beauty - blender for anything in this world (a different beauty tool). If you came back at me with amnesia and the cruelty Chanel foundation brush I would not even consider it.

THAT BEAUTY BLENDER IS A GENIUS TOOL. WHETHER BARBIE DEVELOPED IT OR A PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEER - I DO NOT CARE.

I have 2 now. I just ordered sale baby ones to use for undereye and eyelid application.

And I came up with the "Cadillac of all Foundations" on another review. I somehow eventually came to mix Koh-Gen-Do Maifashani Moisture Foundation (must be in the tube - no silicates. the aqua foundations - chock full of silicates") So I mix that with the IT CC! and a drop of Argan Oil* by Josie Maran, and the Beauty Blender. And I have never looked back.

Thank you. Soon I must start reviewing all the products I hate too. That is a civic responsibility as well and I sure appreciate it when others do it. I know it leads to lots of "thumbs down". That is not a deterrent. BTW for those thumb down people: If it is a worthless review SINK IT! I will add that I also see reviews (not so much here) that people sink merely because they are building a high in order to purchase a product and when that high gets pierced and they are let down I have seen at times a well defended bad review get sunk on that premise. If you find yourself there, don't do it. The truth is 100% the way to go ALL THE TIME. Again, attention-seeking pretend-critiques: blast-em. You should be able to discern between authentic and inauthentic.
*The drop or two of oil strategy is straight from Beauty-Brainiac Wayne Goss.

on 4/14/2018 7:28:00 AM

Loved the quality of the sponge and how it blended liquid foundations and concealers however I wouldn’t buy again just because it’s expensive £16-£20 for a sponge!! I’d rather buy the Real Techniques ones which work the same for a cheaper price

on 4/10/2018 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Nice, but too expensive for what it is. I bought two, used both up, and am not buying this again. Lots of dupes out there, but not all of them are as good as this. For example, L’Oréal has a sponge and it performs just as well in terms of makeup application, but it tears so easily. I switched to using those wedges after watching pony effect and it absorbs less product and spreads it out nicely for a quarter of the price plus you don’t have to wet wedges.

on 3/30/2018 11:25:00 PM

I am a professional makeup artist and there is no other sponge like the beauty blender. Real techniques is the closet thing to it. I don't see how any one can dislike this sponge if used correctly its perfect. Run it under water and squeeze it out and it blends all foundation smoothly and concealer giving you an air brush finish.

I’ve held off buying this sponge for the longest time since 2015. And i should’ve just kept it that way lol.
For the longest time i thought it was gonna be mindblowingly soft n bouncy lol. I’ve only been using the RT sponge coz that’s the one i could afford.
I was just so underwhelmed by this sponge! It wasn’t very bouncy, squishy and it doesn’t perform any better than my good ol’ $7 RT sponge. In fact the RT sponge feels a lot more bouncier and squishier.
Don’t get me wrong, it works, and it also blended my foundation beautifully and seamlessly, It’s just too expensive for what it is, and now i’ll just have to use it until it breaks apart lol. I wouldn’t reccomend this sponge whatsoever, there are just many other sponges that work as well for a fraction of the price.

on 3/29/2018 2:02:00 AM

I am addicted to this sponge. I have this in the original bright pink version and this applies my foundation with a smoother and natural finish. I clean it every after each use with the solid cleanser.

on 2/27/2018 11:02:00 PM

Beauty Blender is worth buying.I have got pretty lots of makeup in my collection but I'm not buying all I would want cause I don't have that money.But I still think this is worth (is it $16).There ain't a product like this (although I've heard the flower beauty Blender is great) I believe.When I use this to apply my foundation with bouncing motion, result is always flawless. I use Beauty Blender for foundation applying, to apply my cream blush, to apply concealer and also loose powder. Usually I tend to wet the BB with a face mist/spray. That way I don't have to hurry to the wc for wetting it. And I can also use it dry for erasing powder makeup like even out my blush if there's too much. It's a game changer!

on 2/27/2018 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you love the flawless finish a sponge gives, yes this is a good one. I am giving it 2 lippies because the price is ridiculous and they are hit or miss, some hold up better than others, even though I wash them all the same way. Also because there are others that are much cheaper that work just as well if not better.
I use a sponge about 95% of the time. I don't need super heavy coverage and I like the natural look I get with the sponges. Others that I use that I like just as well that are comparable are Real Techniques Miracle Sponge, Flower Beauty 3 in 1, & L'Oreal Infallible Blend Artist. I also love the PUR sponges but they aren't as soft as Beauty Blender and the other 3, but I like the finish they give my foundations and they clean really easy.

I don't find they soak up a lot of foundation unless you don't dry them out enough. I dampen then squeeze with a towel.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Cons
- Expensive for what it is
- Uses 2x as much product (foundation) as I would use with a brush
- Does not cover as well as a brush in my opinion.... hence maybe why I use 2x as much product to cover
- Just read another MUA review on here that I think is worth re-stating: "Absorbs skincare. I am pale and skincare obsessed. This does absorb sunscreen." I can see how that would be a thing
- Cleaning: the instructions state that it should be cleaned after every use (aka every day for some of us). Who has time for that? Even when you do clean (even if it is regularly), the stains will not come off. Tbh that is not a major big deal for me, but worth noting
- Storage: where/how do you store this in a hygienic manner?

Pros
- It is kind of fun to use ... something new than how I have been applying makeup on.
- I have only been using this to apply foundation, but I can see how this might be better used for applying liquid/cream blush or bronzer

Overall
- Despite the many concerns and cons that I have with this, I think it's worth trying at least once - I can see how some people may like it if you've hated using brushes. If you're really big on makeup and devoting a lot of time/products/money/tools to it, this may add to your collection and something that you turn to. I am not opposed to having one of these in my possession, but it is not a must have . It is kind of fun to use and, although that's such a silly minor thing, if it makes your makeup routine less a routine and more fun, it's good

on 2/27/2018 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Finally purchased this beauty blender, since it’s considered the original. I prefer my Real Technique blender over this overpriced sponge that tore apart after 3 days

Popular Misc Beauty Tools