beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.7

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooMG I LOVE THIS SPONGE.... I used the one from Sonia Kashuk, as well as the "Beauty Blender" at target $9 got it on sale.. it is AMAZING... if you dont love this and are not in awe of it.. YOU ARE USING IT WRONG... keep it moist and stipple it.. it give THE MOST (((AMAZING))) airbrushed soft perfect blended beyond perfection look... I"M IN LOVE... NO EDGES.. the TIP.. the way you can roll it omg... I'm pretty jaded sometimes so I approached this like.. yeah okay... and ate every word of disbelief.. okay... I think i'm done... you can youtube it to see how to work it ::PROPERLY:: no lines no smear no finger prints no edges just you looking fab ;)

on 7/25/2009 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

well, I bought this tool as part of a kit, so it didn't come in its usual packaging, so there was no tearing. It's a lovely tool, excellent job in making your foundation look airbrushed. However, it doesn't clean too fast, so if you're short on time in the mornings, that might not be good. But it's a great tool, I'll def.be buying more.

on 8/2/2009 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Have also followed instructions as to how to care for the product. I don't use it everyday as it is a hassle to clean straight away. I've had it only 6 weeks and already there are obvious tears in the sponge. I think I'm better off investing in a brush. Its way to expensive to keep replacing. Though I like the dewy look I get with it for day time. I'll try the Sonia K soon see if that's a bit better....it certainly is cheaper.

on 12/7/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm in love with this sponge! Yes, it's expensive but the professional results it gives are well worth the cost. I bought a package of 2 BB sponges and BB cleanser in August. It's December and I'm still using the first sponge, which is just starting to show signs wear. I've tried using my fingers, foundation brushes & various cheaper sponges with no success. The BB sponge has made a believer in me. I get a smoothe, even, streak-free application. I use a dampened BB sponge and use the stippling technique the manufacturers suggest. I recommend you get the BB cleanser. And wash your sponge every day. It should only take a couple of minutes. t thoroughly cleanses the sponges (I've even use it for my brushes and have used it on cheap drugs store sponges).

on 2/15/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got this sponge as a present for X-mas & I had just started using it the other day, which yes I know is crazy but I didn't know how to use it but if I would have just opened it up I would have seen the directions right in there...duh!! Lol!! But anyways, I've only used it about 3x & I really like it, after reading the directions & watching a couple videos on youtube its so simple & very multipurpose! You can use it with foundation, liquid or powder, concealer, cream blush, or just about anything!! The pointy end let's you use it in hard to reach areas & the wider end is for larger spaces. I got the one sponge with the clean which, is great also & clean up is so much quicker than cleaning regular mu brushes, I actually don't mind cleaning the sponge after every use unlike washing mu brushes where u have to pull out the shampoo & everything then let dry over night or so. Yeah, the sponge has to sit there & dry too but it seems so much faster & easier! Prior to me using this sponge I had bought the MAC 190 brush & tried that for almost a week & didn't like it at all so I just returned it & feel much more comfortable using this or my 187 brush. Yes, this sponge is a bit expensive but I recommend you getting one, it is worth it! Even though I didn't buy this one, I am gonna get another, once this one gets old because its so good!!

on 4/27/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This sponge is HG status! It really does make application look flawless. I use this for liquid foundation, liquid concealer and also my MAC mineral powder for that airbrushed look. Sometimes I feel like I am cheating on my 187 and 188 brushes. I like the fact that its very sanitary since you wash it after every use.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I caved to reviews and purchased the duo sponges w/cleanser packet from Amazon for $30. BTW cleanser is already gone which is not good also sponges become misshapen while using though haven't noticed any blotchiness with application and it reshapes itself once rinsed out. Despite this I love the finish and would buy again.

PROS:
Flawless, natural look every time
Great with cream concealer and MMU
The shape is genius, picks up and distributes well
The texture and shape feel great on skin
Results are nearly flawless on my fine lines
Stipples very well

CONS:
Expensive
Not easily cleaned without their cleanser
Bacteria buildup
No creative housing for this, I leave it in the pkg
Over-absorbs makeup....

UPDATE 9/6/10: Cleans great w/castille soap like Dr. Bronner

on 5/13/2010 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I can't live without these! Nothing applies foundation better than these pink bouncy cuties. They are very long lasting as well (might sound gross but I have been using the same one for about a year)- don't ridicule me, I wash it really well with anti bacterial soap and have never broken out. If anything it isn't as vibrant as it was when I first bought it, but it still does it's job. It's easy to get under the eyes, around the nose brows and hairline with this sponge. Flawless natural finish every time. It helps your makeup look like perfect skin. Will always repurchase (I already bought backups for travel).

on 10/4/2010 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this item at IMATS LA 2010 in Pasadena. One vendor was selling them for $10 each. Why I didn't purchase a gazillion of them I'll never know.
I have purchased the SK version at Target at least three times. I was always disappointed with the product. It would begin to break apart after two or three washings and would crumble on my face. The BeautyBlender feels softer and more pliable in my hand. I have vigorously washed this sponge a minimum of 10 times and there is absolutely no crumbling or breaking apart.
I use creme foundation (Cinema Secrets is the foundation of the moment). I use a foundation brush to apply the product to my face, spritz the BeautyBlender with my glycerin and rosewater solution and stipple/blend the creme foundation out. I get such flawless coverage that I have been asked if I airbrush my foundation. It does that well.
You don't have to use so much product to achieve the look you are going for.
I definitely recommend the purchase of the BeautyBlender. When I attend IMATS LA 2011, I will definitely stock up.

on 8/15/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've just gotten into makeup and I follow a few makeup artist online. One is Sam fine. He always uses sponges. I've seen his celebrity faces that he's done and I wanted that look as well. But I personally didn't want to purchase so many sponges every certain amount of time. So when Fine recommended this I decided to check it out. I was skeptical at first, but when I read that one reviewer on Sephora has the same beauty blender sponge for a year I was sold.

This is a high quality sponge. I can clearly tell the difference between a cheap sponge from the drugstore and this sponge. I frankly don't think this waste product, I only use a 2 swipes of my cream foundation and I can use it all over my face. The sponge I think is great for controlling how much product you use. If I need more, I just simply squeeze the sponge.

Don't waste your time purchasing the cleaner, Dawn liquid soap works just fine. This gives a flawless and natural face and the texture and the shape are agreeable with the skin and face. People couldn't even tell I was wearing a full coverage foundation.

My only disappointment is that there are tears in the sponge. It's prompted me to be a lot more careful and it hasn't effect the way concealer or foundation is applied in my opinion. I'm not surprised, I have been using it for months practically everyday.

Another thing to watch out for is that it can get misshaped. I was traveling when I notice that. However, once I applied some water it may have had the lumpy shape but it stilled applied well. After using it a second or third rise time the sponge would reshape again.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools