beautyblender the sponge

4.5

on 10/18/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was hesitant to buy this at first because I don't use sponges and this little thing is expensive! However, I can say that I love my beauty blender. I use it for everything. Foundation, highlight and even setting powder! I have the RT sponge as well, and while I like it as well, I find this one is a bit bouncier and softer which is better for blending.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like taking my makeup off with this sponge. It seems to really scrub everything off.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this thing!

Let me first say that I was a non-believer. I tried all the dupes...hated most...loved some (namely the Real Techniques Beauty Sponge...and I will always go back and forth between the two)...and the BB is the winner...

The only thing I can say about this in comparison to the others is that this is so much more effortless. The RT Sponge doesnt pick up a lot of product...this picks up less...the RT Sponge blends in liquid and cream foundations and concealers to a flawless finish...the BB is just even more flawless. I have literally done myself and clients half with the BB and half with the RT Sponge...and in my personal and professional opinion, the results are the EXACT SAME, the BB just takes less time.

Other than my Revlon Color Stay Whipped...I use sponges for all of my foundation/BB cream/CC cream/tinted moisturizer/ Concealer application...and I will probably never go back to a brush. This is an amazing and long lasting product. If you can purchase on Amazon it is also really cheap. I was able to purchase two of the black pro BBs for $23.50 with free shipping.

To clean I use either Tone Body Wash, Trader Joes body wash, or my Nubian Heritage black soap bar. All of these clean it very thoroughly. I then leave it to dry in its container lid.

Go get one ASAP!

on 12/25/2013 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Anybody that trues to persuade you into buying a cheap sponge or a dupe and claims that it works just as good as the original BeautyBlender is either a peddler or has never tried the original!!! No other sponge compares to this one. Not the Sonia Kashuk one, the SOHO NY one nor the ones you get at discount stores like Marshalls or Ross! Buy the original. Its pricey but its worth it.

It makes cream and liquid foundation application easier and blendable. With proper use it creates a seamless, flawless, full coverage look. Ive also used it to set my makeup with MSF or BEN NYE powders when i ran out of wedge sponges.

Make sure you use it dampened, not wet. This sponge is reusable so I suggest you invest in the cleanser as well. If youre a Pro Makeup Artist, i dont recommend buying the pink one. Even when its clean it looks stained and that can look really unprofessional.

I personally love this sponge. I will run through a fire to get another one!

on 2/23/2013 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is without a doubt the best sponge I've ever used for applying base but I just don't reach for it. I do my makeup at my vanity and having to soak the thing in water is very inconvenient. Also, because it requires a sink to clean this sits waiting to be cleaned longer than my bushes (which I spot clean after every use) - can't be good for acne prone skin.

I find it covers gently and offers the fullest version of whatever coverage the product that you start with is capable of. Because it is so soft on the skin I don't feel like it blends as well as I'd like and it can leave a 'nice makeup' look to the face instead of the 'nice skin' finish which I prefer. I tend to use this only to blend and soften heavy liquid foundations or blend concealer into my base after I've applied with a brush already. This is great for special occasions when I want full but soft coverage but is too fiddly for daily use.

I like my beauty blenders and I have a couple of them which I use for special occasion makeup. If you're already a sponge user than these are by far the best of their genre but I find brushes much more convenient and provide a less obvious finish.

I think 40 for two sponges is a lot to ask and I'm not sure the product justifies the price. But they are the nicest sponges I've ever tried and they've lasted for a long time. If you're happy to part with the cash they're fine sponges but not sure if I'll be buying any more of them.

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was not prepared to fork out $20 for a sponge, so i researched the product, read all the reviews, watched all the tutorials. Then i saw Mario Dedivanovic using it on Kim K and i was sold! What a brilliant investment! This is now my HG. I love love love the flawless finish it provides. With my acne scarring i tend to load on the concealer...but with this little gem i can use a little product and blend away an voila i look flawless. Not one of my brushes can blend out my It Cosmetics bye bye under eye concealer....but this little egg can! I will def repurchase!

on 4/27/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This sponge is HG status! It really does make application look flawless. I use this for liquid foundation, liquid concealer and also my MAC mineral powder for that airbrushed look. Sometimes I feel like I am cheating on my 187 and 188 brushes. I like the fact that its very sanitary since you wash it after every use.

on 2/15/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got this sponge as a present for X-mas & I had just started using it the other day, which yes I know is crazy but I didn't know how to use it but if I would have just opened it up I would have seen the directions right in there...duh!! Lol!! But anyways, I've only used it about 3x & I really like it, after reading the directions & watching a couple videos on youtube its so simple & very multipurpose! You can use it with foundation, liquid or powder, concealer, cream blush, or just about anything!! The pointy end let's you use it in hard to reach areas & the wider end is for larger spaces. I got the one sponge with the clean which, is great also & clean up is so much quicker than cleaning regular mu brushes, I actually don't mind cleaning the sponge after every use unlike washing mu brushes where u have to pull out the shampoo & everything then let dry over night or so. Yeah, the sponge has to sit there & dry too but it seems so much faster & easier! Prior to me using this sponge I had bought the MAC 190 brush & tried that for almost a week & didn't like it at all so I just returned it & feel much more comfortable using this or my 187 brush. Yes, this sponge is a bit expensive but I recommend you getting one, it is worth it! Even though I didn't buy this one, I am gonna get another, once this one gets old because its so good!!

on 8/2/2009 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Have also followed instructions as to how to care for the product. I don't use it everyday as it is a hassle to clean straight away. I've had it only 6 weeks and already there are obvious tears in the sponge. I think I'm better off investing in a brush. Its way to expensive to keep replacing. Though I like the dewy look I get with it for day time. I'll try the Sonia K soon see if that's a bit better....it certainly is cheaper.

on 7/25/2009 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

well, I bought this tool as part of a kit, so it didn't come in its usual packaging, so there was no tearing. It's a lovely tool, excellent job in making your foundation look airbrushed. However, it doesn't clean too fast, so if you're short on time in the mornings, that might not be good. But it's a great tool, I'll def.be buying more.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools