beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.7

on 1/1/2017 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My gawd. This is THEE foundation, concealer and loose powder whisperer. I swear I have never experienced a more beautiful coverage than I do when I use this. I have the pink and the black and once dampened they are so soft! I have used this with $5 foundation and $62 foundation. And all price points in between. It applies foundation like a dream and I also bake my whole face with setting powder using the damp sponge and it makes me appear poreless. I will continue to repurchase.

on 12/11/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Whoops - meant to leave a 5 star review ;) Also want to add that the price on this REALLY is not bad. It has a long lifetime if you clean it regularly/air dry it, and it's an application game changer.

on 10/18/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was hesitant to buy this at first because I don't use sponges and this little thing is expensive! However, I can say that I love my beauty blender. I use it for everything. Foundation, highlight and even setting powder! I have the RT sponge as well, and while I like it as well, I find this one is a bit bouncier and softer which is better for blending.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like taking my makeup off with this sponge. It seems to really scrub everything off.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Curiousity got the best of me. I waste $20 buying junk at Target so I figured why not test drive this lil gem. Not a fan of foundation brushes or sponges in general as I always use my fingers to apply so this surprised me when I saw the finished outcome. Airburshed finish! Looked like my skin but better as it looked so even. I have several foundation formulas in my stash so I will have to try it with all of them to fully determine if I have a new HG beauty tool. But so far I'm loving what I see.

on 10/1/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I was very hesitant about purchasing this tiny little sponge from my local Sephora for 20$. However, every YouTube beauty guru and their mother was talking about how great it was--especially for blending under-eye concealer. I finally splurged, and was not disappointed. My foundation and concealer goes on like a dream.

I've used everything from MUFE HD Foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet Foundation, MUFE full coverage concealer, MAC concealer, Smashbox CC Cream, and LA Girl concealers with this beauty blender. I've had fantastic results with all of them.

Go buy this product, and make sure to use it wet.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this thing!

Let me first say that I was a non-believer. I tried all the dupes...hated most...loved some (namely the Real Techniques Beauty Sponge...and I will always go back and forth between the two)...and the BB is the winner...

The only thing I can say about this in comparison to the others is that this is so much more effortless. The RT Sponge doesnt pick up a lot of product...this picks up less...the RT Sponge blends in liquid and cream foundations and concealers to a flawless finish...the BB is just even more flawless. I have literally done myself and clients half with the BB and half with the RT Sponge...and in my personal and professional opinion, the results are the EXACT SAME, the BB just takes less time.

Other than my Revlon Color Stay Whipped...I use sponges for all of my foundation/BB cream/CC cream/tinted moisturizer/ Concealer application...and I will probably never go back to a brush. This is an amazing and long lasting product. If you can purchase on Amazon it is also really cheap. I was able to purchase two of the black pro BBs for $23.50 with free shipping.

To clean I use either Tone Body Wash, Trader Joes body wash, or my Nubian Heritage black soap bar. All of these clean it very thoroughly. I then leave it to dry in its container lid.

Go get one ASAP!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I looooovvveee my beauty blender! omigosh...I have had it for about a month or so and let me tell you, it makes my makeup (foundation application) look flawless, I like using my real techniques expert face brush along with it too sometimes and... huuuuunnntttaaayy! lol #MustHave

on 12/25/2013 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Anybody that trues to persuade you into buying a cheap sponge or a dupe and claims that it works just as good as the original BeautyBlender is either a peddler or has never tried the original!!! No other sponge compares to this one. Not the Sonia Kashuk one, the SOHO NY one nor the ones you get at discount stores like Marshalls or Ross! Buy the original. Its pricey but its worth it.

It makes cream and liquid foundation application easier and blendable. With proper use it creates a seamless, flawless, full coverage look. Ive also used it to set my makeup with MSF or BEN NYE powders when i ran out of wedge sponges.

Make sure you use it dampened, not wet. This sponge is reusable so I suggest you invest in the cleanser as well. If youre a Pro Makeup Artist, i dont recommend buying the pink one. Even when its clean it looks stained and that can look really unprofessional.

I personally love this sponge. I will run through a fire to get another one!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Yesterday in the Sephora store, an associate used the BeautyBlender when testing out liquid foundations on me. I had heard of it and seen YouTube tutorials with girls using it, so I decided to buy a dupe (EcoTools sponge brush) which I was highly disappointed with. The EcoTools sponge was not bouncy, absorbed all of my product, and left streaks (everything a sponge isn't supposed to do, right?). However, when the Sephora colorist used the original BeautyBlender on me (wet with NARS liquid foundation), it felt AMAZING on my skin and blended the product flawlessly...the cool water soothed my face... ahh! It's easy to use- she let me do one half of my face myself and there was no difference between the "expert's" application and mine. As advertised, it made it extremely easy to get into the creases under the eyes and around the nose. I will be updating this review and Instagram (say_stephanie) with the evolution of the sponge since I know that it has a short life expectancy. For now, I'm completely pleased and would recommend this sponge to anyone who has trouble getting their foundation, concealer, or eyeshadows to blend!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools