beautyblender the sponge

4.3

on 5/3/2008 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

WOW... i LOVE this...
i also waited for the longest time because I was skeptical about having to pay 35 CAD for the sponge and the cleanser. but the result is BEAUTIFUL! I was using bobbi brown's foundation brush before I got this. And this sponge totally WINS in terms of giving you just the right amount of coverage with your foundation and as well as blending it SO naturally that you dont seem like you have makeup on!

I have always been searching to get my makeup on my face without people knowing. (I just hate it when people look at you with raised eyebrows and ask "do you always wear foundation?".. cuz when that happens, that means you are wearing too much)

And now, I have found the answer! When I put on my makeup and asked my boyfriend if i have foundation on, he said NO! (and hes pretty observant about these things) he just said i had beautiful skin but he couldnt see ANY traces of makeup!

im SO EXCITED to put on my makeup every morning now!

its so great to look so naturally beautiful!

on 9/5/2008 8:12:00 PM

It's just a sponge, but it works wonders. My foundation has never blended so seamlessly with my face. I only realized after one application that all the foundation brushes I used were inferior. I wish there was a case provided for travel, but this is my HG for home foundation application. I've found that Purpose cleansing gel works well to clean the sponge. However, I still have stains from my cream foundation that I use on it. I watched the introductory video and made sure I allowed the sponge to soak in some water and squeeze it out before I dab a small amount of foundation and bounced beautyblender over my face. I use a much smaller amount of foundation now. I will continue to repurchase.

on 1/17/2009 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I use this sponge exaclty as explained by DonnaL, and I am more than satisfied by results. Very good coverage, but also very natural looking skin. I own mac's 187 too, and I have used it for my liquid foundation before I got a beautyblender, which for me gives superior results.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

When I first bought the Beautyblender, I was in love. It seemed to make my foundation look even more perfect than it did with the 187.

Boy, was I wrong. First of all, the cleaning process is a little ridiculous for my taste. I actually like to clean my brushes really often, probably because I'm washing hair, but washing a sponge every night is definitely not my cup of tea.

Every time I use this product, I follow the instructions exactly. I wet it down so it can expand to its fullest potential size, and squeeze the extra water out in a towel. Then I either put foundation directly on the sponge or on my hand, and then bounce the sponge around my face.

It does blend product nicely. But this sponge cannot get my makeup in the lines in my face like a stippling brush can. So as a result, after just a few minutes of having foundation on, the makeup creases horribly in my forehead line (the huge line that pops up when you raise your eyebrows). And I'm not even raising my eyebrows to make the line pop out.

Smoothing this crease out can do the trick temporarily, but little by little the buildup comes back. Every time. And trust me, I ALWAYS set my foundation with loose powder.

I much prefer brushes. MUCH better investment. This crap lasts you, what, 3 months, and it's almost half the price of a MAC 187. The 187, and brushes in general, can last you YEARS with good care.

The packaging sucks, too. I'm not the type of person that reads instructions before taking something out of its packaging, but apparently that's the case with this product. There's a specific way to remove the sponge from its case. Pathetic. I just ripped the thing out unknowingly. Luckily the sponge did not tear, but others have reported multiple tears even while removing the sponge correctly.

My advice: look elsewhere when buying a makeup applicator.

on 3/22/2010 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG status, for sure - I use this product every single time I apply makeup, and would recommend it to anyone, even if they only apply a small amount of concealer under the eyes...I resisted buying this sponge for a loooong time, thinking it was merely an over-priced gimmick. Well, I was dead wrong. I dampen the Beauty Blender slightly and use it to blend my concealer and foundation (both of which I initially apply with a brush) for an air-brushed look that is far superior to the application that I used to achieve with my fingers alone. In fact, I used to avoid wearing foundation because I was never satisfied with the results until I started using this sponge. The sponge's unique shape allows you to reach the most difficult angles of the face, especially the area between the nose and the inner corner of the eyes, where foundation and concealer is often essential. I recommend buying this product in the 2 sponge set with the cleanser (which is excellent as well), since it is a better buy. I clean my sponge every time I use it - and despite having used the same sponge for several months now, it still looks brand new. The cleanser also works wonderfully for makeup brushes. This product is a must-have for anyone who is particular about their foundation application! Well worth the price, since it allows you to make better use of your foundation and concealer, and it lasts.

on 4/27/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love the beautyblender sponge! This sponge works like wonders! It makes my make up application flawless! Only downfall is that it stains in certain stops easily, it only last a few months, and it's expensive for a sponge! Yes, I will purchase it again, but wish it wasn't soo expensive! I mean $20 for a sponge???

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

The miracle egg! Omg how i love this sponge. This tiny pink egg delivers amazing results with foundation, cream blush, highlighters, u name it. Applys better than any brush ive tryed. Makes foundation look airbrushed, soft and perfect. Cant live without my pink egg! Love it!

on 11/3/2010 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

OK this is the second day I have used my beautyblenader and it is FABULOUS! The application gives a flawless finsh. At first I could not understand what evereyone meant but now.... I'm sorry I waited so long to get one.... I will never use a brush again to apply my foundation! The imitation ones (sephora yellow, & sonia Kashuk Blue)DO NOT add up The beautyblender is one of a kind. The texture is different and it expands which the others don't. I ourchased them from Sephora online and you get two for $25.95 and one for $19.95 so it better for your $$ to get the 2-pack. I do recommend this to everyone It should be in everyone makeup collections.

on 1/7/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I.Love.This. I like this better than a foundation brush and slightly better than stippling brush. My foundation blends so well with this sponge whereas if i use a brush I may have streaks and sometimes when i stipple with a brush I feel like my make up is heavy and I'm using lots of product. However with this sponge I can hardly feel my make up on yet I get a pretty medium to heavy coverage. I use this with my colorstay foundation which i liked but when i used it with my beautyblender i loved my colorstay even more! I think that wetting the sponge helped me used less product and gave me the light feeling on my skin. I've already bought my 2nd one that comes with the cleanser (i had a sample of the cleanser with the first sponge and it was the only thing that could remove all foundation stains off the sponge)

Down side is it is very expensive and even more expensive because I had to pay for shipping!

This is honestly the most amazing beauty creation ever!! I normally use a foundation brush (its a damp brush) and my makeup looked so ugly. I use the MAC SCULPT foundation. But as soon as I ordered this and started using it, I dont even use my foundation brush at all! This products does all the work for you. It almost looks like you have flawless skin and it blends so beautifully...It was pretty expensive considering I got it from Ebay (I'm a cheapie lol), but it's so worth it. THUMBS UP to whoever invented this product. I love putting the foundation on now.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools