beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 1/2/2018 12:32:00 PM

I've been using this pricey little sponge for almost four years. The people who don't like the beauty blender, from what I can tell, tend to be people who prefer a heavier foundation application. Yes, it makes your foundation go on somewhat sheer, but it is buildable. However, you will probably use more product with this then you would with a brush. Having said that, I find the beauty blender to give a flawless finish (even with cheaper foundations) that I've found in no foundation brush I've ever tried. This is a holy grail product for me for applying liquid foundation, blending out cream contours and highlights, concealer, or applying your bake. I've tried cheaper dupes for this and none of them even come close. BB has a unique texture and firmness that the cheaper sponge applicators can't seem to mimic. However, I do find the traditional white triangle sponge applicators to be an exception. They're almost just as good in my opinion, but due to their smaller size and the fact that they don't last nearly as long as the BB, this one wins for me hands down. Yes, it's ridiculously expensive, but it really will last you a long time if you take care of it. I find that you can use it for longer than the recommended time frame if you look after it properly and make sure to wash and air dry it after each use. I've only ever purchased the original pink ones, but have read that the black pro sponge gives heavier coverage. So that will be my next purchase to test this out. It's worth the money in my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using generic beauty blenders for years... I always thought that the original one was too much money for a sponge so never did it cross my mind to try it. One day, my sister gives me hers and says she doesn't use enough make up to own one. Lo and behold, all those things I assumed are all wrong. They are a lot softer than most generic sponges. It is also easier to wet and take out water from (I found most sponges to get damp I need to use a towel and squeeze the sh!t out of it) the only real thing I don't like about it is the price and the fact that due to it's softness it tends to crumble quit easily. My sister has hers for a couple weeks and it's already got some "crumbling" going on.

on 1/25/2017 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Applies foundation in a second, looks natural. What else do I need? I would forever use it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've had my eye on the beauty blender for a while now as I didn't want to pay $30AUD for a makeup sponge and I already had the old school triangle sponges, the real technique and every other $2 beauty blender dupes under the sun. After reading all the good reviews I finally caved in and just bought it and wow it really is worth the hype that's for sure! I can't believe I have been missing out this whole time!!! It isn't like any of my other sponges I've used over the years it is so soft and squishy especially after running it under water and squeezing the excess out. And the flawless finish it gives you every time... please don't let the price scare you like someone else mentioned in the reviews because it is well worth it and a great tool to add to your makeup bag.

on 1/2/2017 11:20:00 AM

Seemed expensive at first for a sponge but this does wonders at blending in my concealer and foundation without the streaks you get from a brush. I use this almost everyday in my makeup routine.

on 11/14/2016 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The best invention ever it transformed my preception of flawless foundation

on 8/24/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like the teardrop shape of this product, It does a good job blending my foundation. I prefer it over the brushes I was using before. I've also tried the Beauty Blender minis, which are cute too. Overall a must have a great addition to your brush collection!

PROS -ideal for sensitive & dry skin or if you are on acne medication and flake a lot
- easy to wash & dry
-will last you forever if yodon't ke care of it
-it's a fast and gentle way of applying foundation
-can be used to apply & blend any product of liquid or cream consistency
- small

CONS- it absorbs a lot of product (as sponges do) so don't press too hard when applying or you will look like you have barely any product on (also depends on type of coverage you're using)

on 2/17/2016 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I've tried a dupe for the beauty blender (the SoniaKashuk beauty blender), and I was not impressed. I decided to take the plunge and spend 20USD for this sponge. However, on a side note, some websites sell the original beautyblender in a 2-pack for 30USD.
It's great for application, blends out my foundation and concealer. Wash/Rinsing it is kind of annoying, but what can you do? It's a sponge. A 20USD sponge. I'm tempted to try out the RealTechniques one, even though some people say its not as great as the original. Even for 15USD a sponge(within the 2pack), that's still pricey in my book as I'm a college student.

on 1/18/2016 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ok - if you are young with smooth naturally glowy skin - feel free to skip this review. Note - you can likely skip most reviews as really - you wake up amazing and if I were less of a person - would hate you for it. (Actually kind of do - but only a little)

Now - if you are facing maturing skin, uneven texture, pore issues, etc - this over priced little pink sponge works. Really well. And I kind of hate it a little for doing so.

First - dupes. Don't bother. Closest is RT and its ok. This has a bounce that makes foundation application quick and smooth. It also is the right balance of firm and smooth for under eye concealer.
Second - application. I cannot believe I went so many years not trying this. Concealer applies like a dream - especially if you have some fine lines. Foundation is sheer enough to be natural, but converage and finish are great. This has made some meh foundations really work for me.
Third - price. Dude, it sucks that it's $20, but it works. And if $20 makes a $40 foundation more usable - it's a good investment. If $20 keeps my concealer from creasing - allowing me to pass for younger than my 40 years - it's worth it.
Fourth - cleaning. I have a handful of these and a couple of RT ones. All go in a lingerie bag and get washed with my clothes. It works well enough and feeds into my lazy streak.

So ... Net, I love this even though the little guy makes it hard to love given the price and cleaning. Well worth giving it a try - unless you are part of the unicorn club mentioned above.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools