beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this at my local Pure Beauty store. At first, I was only looking to find a great brush cleanser and the SA recommended that I get the blendercleanser. The cleanser on it's on was way pricey but worked wonders. A couple weeks after I stopped in again and I decided to take the plunge and pay the buckos to try this wonder sponge. All I can say is that this thing is AMAZING! At first I thought it was kinda weird but once you get the hang out the stippling technique or you develop your own...this is truly a beauty essential. I blends my foundation and concealer so well that it's the one tool I can't travel without. As for cleaning it, I don't mind cleaning it after every use. The blendercleanser cleans off all the makeup and just a few rinses in cold water and the beautyblender is ready to use again or air dry. The price is high but it's worth the results!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I was using a MAC 188 brush to apply my foundation, but not anymore! The beautyblender is the best thing I have bought so far. It makes my foundation look so smooth and flawless. Luckily, my local Pure Beauty sold this so I didn't have to order it online. It retails for $19.95. Right now, I'm using this to apply Dior Forever foundation and I truly look like I have nothing on. Just my skin, but better. I'm so amazed. I know it doesn't look like anything special but it's a remarkable product and I can honestly say, I can't go back to brushes just as long as this sponge exists. Love it!

on 4/27/2008 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I finally gave in and decided to buy this sponge. The verdict : The best I have ever used.

It really works and does everything it claims to - foundation is easy to apply, blends in very well and hardly any of the product soaks into the sponge itself. I found myself only using half the amount I normally would if I had used a makeup foundation brush or another sponge brand.

If you follow the instructions and care for it, it'll last you a long time. I bought the kit which gave me 2 sponges and the cleanser for $40.00 USD - an expensive,luxury but wort it :0)

on 7/16/2008 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i like this product. but i do think that it is a little overpriced and doesn't do anything particularly special. but i would probably buy it again because it's cute and pink!

on 2/18/2009 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So far so good. I can't master putting on liquid foundations with the 187 (skunk) brush. I end up giving up and smearing it on by hand. With this, I get how to "stipple" and it comes out looking airbrushed. I end up using LESS foundation because of the water I've added to the blender - it dilutes my foundation but it looks just as good. To me, It's also different than using a wedge because of the shape and texture - a wedge doesn't have the tiny pointed tip (it has more of a doorstop shape) to get into those little crevices of your face. Makes putting on makeup easy and fast. Just wish it was more travel friendly!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Well I gave this a 5 because its a pretty good sponge, but it doesnt do anything out of the norm of a sponge, its really cool though cus when you wet it it gets super big compared to its original size, it applies studio fix powder pretty good too, even when damp.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This a no-brainer tool to apply foundation, no matter your makeup skills. Initially, I was excited and skeptical at the same time about it but now I can say that I love this cute pink egg!

It's super easy to use - all you have to do is to damp the sponge with water (in my opinion, it works better wet than dry), dip it in your foundation (liquid/cream that is disposed on the back of my hand or on a palette, but never directly in the pot because this is not hygienic!) and stipple, stipple, stipple. The finish is flawless because this sponge doesn't have any edges - no streaks at sight. The pointy part is great to work your foundation around your nose and apply the concealer under the eyes.

BUT - and this is why I did not gave this tool 5 lippies - I use much more product with it (2 or 3 pumps of my MUFE HD foundation vs 1 pump with my MAC 187!) and you'll also have to discard it soon or later. This cutie spongee is great but it's also very pricey when thinking that even if you wash it on a daily basis, it will not last years like a good brush would last. =(
If they were half the price, I would not hesitate to tell you to splurge, but I find it to be pretty expensive for a limited lifetime tool.

Nonetheless, my foundation never looked better than it looks now. So... Beware of the addiction! =)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use the round white sponges that you can find at any drugstore and wet those but these give a better and STREAK FREE finish. This also uses less product than the ones I used to use. I gave packaging a 1 bc I was so anxious to use mine before reading the instruction and I pulled my egg up and out of the tray it comes in instead of pushing it down and it caused a tear in one of them. Also beware of sitting your new egg on a white counter when it is wet; I did this and now have a permanent hot pink stain on my bathroom counter that clorox will not remove. Other than that great product and nothing comes above it.

on 9/23/2010 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Believe the hype! I wish I had bought the 2-set, as it is way more price effective. The plastic packaging is kind of flimsy and potentially damaging to the brush. Mine did not come with the dvd, but oh well.

It really does not waste product. I use my fingers to apply the product and deposit it on the general area I want it to be on my face, and start stippling (bouncing) and blending--I try to get the most out of my products, so believe me when I say this. I was hesistant to buy this not just because of the price, but because I was afraid it would waste product. I can't emphasize enough how great the finish is.

It blends my undereye concealer, cream blush, and tinted moisturizer really well--who needs expensive airbrush makeup when you've got this? SO much better than a foundation brush.

I just got mine, I hope it lasts for at least a few months. Will update accordingly.

After using this for almost a week, I like it even more! I get a really nice airbrushed look with this. I like using this much better than my foundation/concealer/blush brushes for my liquid-y makeup. Obviously for my powder makeup, I like brushes.

For those concerned about the time it takes to wash it, it really doesn't take that long (trust me, I'm lazy!).

on 4/26/2011 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After reading a lot of reviews on this, I decided to buy one for myself (when Sephora was having 15% off). It is expensive considering that you're paying for a sponge. But it is well worth the money. I have been using this for a week now to put my liquid foundation on. It just makes the foundation look like my own skin! It blends in perfectly on the skin, making the face look absolutely flawless! If you're a liquid foundation type of girl, you need to get this. It makes a big difference! (Although, I haven't tried this with powder or blush because I'm pretty happy with my stippling brushes to do that job well.)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools