beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 2/7/2018 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used the Beautyblender for a couple of years now. Not long after I purchased it, the tip came off and then since then a few more parts have broken away. I am very careful with things and I am not heavy-handed, so I was quite surprised this happened. I have still been using it as I honestly don't really think it's good enough to warrant re-purchasing a new one. I will happily repurchase expensive items if I think the price is justified and the product makes a difference however I don't really find that the Beautyblender makes much of a difference to how my makeup looks/applies.
I purchased the original pink version and I mainly use it for concealer application. I use it damp (as I'm sure the majority of people do) however, I find that if it is too damp, it makes concealer look very patchy and uneven.
I do wish that I liked this product more and that it made more of a difference to how my makeup looks. It's not a bad item, it's just quite over-hyped in my opinion.

on 6/12/2017 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I refused to try the Beautyblender for a really long tine since I have already spent a small fortune on a variety of foundation brushes and if a small spongy blob would end up performing better that would end up with serious buyer's remorse :D

The nude pink one they released finally got the best of my willpower and I'm kind of sad to admit but it's a handy tool.

First of all, the thing that irks me most about the Beautyblender - apart grom a price! - is that I really don't feel comfortable imagining the possible bacteria breeding since I'm accustomed to applying foundation with perfectly clean brushes daily. Nope, can't bring myself to do it. Then what I use the sponge for? It's simple. After applying the foundation/concealer/blush during the days my skin doesn't seem to behave I wet/squeeze it, dab gently to meld all the aforementioned layers together and this step makes my makeup look much more natural. No excuse for cackey base anymore! It does sheer the makeup out a bit and sometimes I have some more spot concealing to do but this removal results to the natural look.

A keeper, sigh!

on 4/3/2017 11:56:00 PM

~Things i liked about product
Love the way it applies my makeup

~Things i dislike about product
Too expensive for a sponge
Doesn't really come clean

Before purchasing the Beauty Blender, I tried numerous brushes for foundation- they ranged from flat tops, and stippling brushes. I tried the Real Techniques sponge first, & it's a great product, but I was still curious about the BB. I tried this right after purchasing, and fell in love. It blends out foundation and concealer beautifully. I use the butt (:D) of the BB in a bouncing motion to blend out foundation, and the pointed edge under my eyes. The best part is that the BB is also wonderful for setting your face with powder, both pressed & loose. It doesn't stop there- it's also great for bronzer, highlighter & blush. I forgot my face brushes while on a small vacation, but had popped the BB in my purse, and that's the day I learned about all the extra things it's great for. Definitely worth it because of its versatility :) the only con to this product is that it's hard to blend around my eyebrows, but that's not a deal breaker. Give the Beauty Blender a whirl ♡

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do like the sponge BUT if you have large pores a brush works better tbh. It leaves little mini holes on my face unless i blend a long time. It gives a nice result and it looks natural. I also do not like that it's hard to clean.

I have purchased 4 Beauty Blenders (2 Original Pink and 2 Pro Black) at $28 CAD each. They're absolutely amazing. They're incredibly soft and blend foundation and concealer very well, but they're still durable (I've only developed some tearing in 2 of the 4 sponges after using them for about a year and a half each). Beauty Blender claims you need to replace the sponge after about 3 months of use, but I find with proper cleaning, they tend to last about a year or so. They are expensive, but for the results and longevity, I think they're completely worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There will always be controversy over this because of the price; a lot of people cannot rationalize spending $20+ on a sponge, and I definitely sympathize with that line of thinking, but this is one of those times I had to just swallow hard and bite the bullet.

After all, we have no problem spending that kind of money on a makeup brush, or a lipstick, and those might not even get as much daily use as this does. I am not sure how well these hold up on a long-term basis; I have had mine for about a month and it is still in perfect condition. Before this I was using the NYX blender which is cheaper and I can recommend to you, but this blender is a bit softer and bouncier.

If you're looking for the ultimate makeup tool that will simplify your routine and take foundation/concealer/contour application to the next level, this is the final frontier. I can't even tell you how much better and smoother everything looks since I threw this in the mix. I even use this to pick up powder and "bake" my undereye, forehead and Cupid's bow areas. It goes without saying, if you want the most bang for your buck, this must be used dampened.

So, that's that. I spent $20 on a freaking sponge and it was maybe the best beauty decision I've made in a decade. It's one of those things you really have to just experience for yourself, but it gets my vote.

on 10/13/2016 7:19:00 PM

I had one of these when they came out years ago. They were selling them at my hair salon so I purchased one. I loved it and used it all the time. Then I got into using brushes for a while and didn't use the bb. Finally I said let me get a new one as I have some heavier coverage foundations I'd like to try it with. Turns out I still love it years later. It really does blend makeup seamlessly. The dupes in my case don't compare to the original. I've tried using others but I always go back to the beautyblender. It's pricey but it imo blends foundation flawlessly. I especially love to use it with the NARS All Day Luminous wear foundation. It applies it like a dream and it looks so natural when I use this. So as someone who had this from back in the day to now I still think it's a great tool and I wouldn't be without it. Recommended.

on 7/26/2016 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is fantastic, makeup always looks fantastic. The closest dupe to this is the real techniques but I still think this is a whole lot better. I was sceptical and the price turned me off for a while but this sponge is amazing and I even got my mom hooked on it and she always just used her hands and did the bare minimum

It is verry good at blending but it broke so I wont buy again. the real techniques one is as good and more solid so... and for the price I got 4 RT ones so

Popular Misc Beauty Tools