beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 6/1/2006 5:59:00 PM

Beautyblender sponge - an AMAZING makeup sponge!! I picked it up at the pharmacy while I was browsing through gifts for my mother. It is a odd tear-shaped hot pink sponge. This afternoon I tried using this with Bare Escentuals mineral makeup, applying Well-Rested under my eyes and around my nose with the pointed end and the feel is AMAZING. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face. After I apply the tinted mineral veil, I "brush" with it lightly to "blend" and I look flawless.
One thing I love the most about this Beautyblender is that you can "recycle" the worn-out sponge by sending it back to the company and you will get a new one in return.
You can check it out at www.beautyblender.net.
It comes in a very, very cute little pouch. I love it!!

on 3/6/2007 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This works so much better for me than a sponge or foundation brush. Well worth the 20 bucks. I'll pass on the pricey cleanser, though. I use a few drops of Dr. Bronner's liquid soap, and it cleans just as well as the Beautyblender stuff for a whole lot less.

Note: I've discovered Daiso Detergent cleanser. A small bottle runs about $11 on Amazon. A very small amount cleans the Beautyblender nothing like else, and it easily gets rid of the gummy eyeliner residue from my smudge brushes. Great stuff.

on 5/1/2007 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, I must confess that I bought the beautyblender on the advice of another makeup website which shall remain nameless. I had been previously using my MAC 187 which I like for coverage but not how it evenly distributes foundation on my eyebrows and in my hairline! The idea of stippling the sponge on my skin reminded me of the 187 so I had an idea it would be great. Great..... it is amazing. I've used it now for about 2 months with all different types of foundation - heavy (EL DW), light (Stila ITM) and medium, (La Mer fluid). They all look so natural and beautiful on with this sponge. In fact, it's using the Beautyblender that has enabled me to wear lighter foundations. Because you can stipple over the area a few times and then dab on with the pointy end on your red spots, coverage with even a TM is flawless. I wash it about every 5 days or so but even letting it go longer, it still works great. Oh and I use it dry for more coverage. I still use my 187 but only for powders!

on 10/7/2007 3:45:00 PM

I absolutely love love love this makeup sponge. I resisted buying it for so long and am kicking myself that I didn't pick it up when it first piqued my interest. Using this sponge and the "bounce" technique I am able to get a perfect foundation application that is quick and easy. I use it to apply liquid or cream foundation and can bounce my way to sheer, medium or full coverage. Incredible tool that spreads and blends my foundation effortlessly. I have also bounced it over Tarte cheekstains and have gotten the perfect flush of blush using this great tool! I could not be happier and my foundation brush is just collecting dust in my brush jar.

on 10/30/2007 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

WOW! WOW, WOW!!!!!!..... finally I can achieve that flawless, airbrushed look..... even at age 59!!!!! I first heard about these sponges on the makeup board...thank you to cavewoman for the great recommendation! I have been using these for over a month now and I cannot believe what a difference a sponge can make! Even in a magnifying mirror and in bright sunlight, this blends makeup so well, evenly and smoothly.... it virtually disappears, but it's there....covering perfectly! These are the BEST sponges ever - better than any brush, fingers or any other makeup sponges I have tried. This is an incredible, fabulous litttle product (and it comes with a special cleaner that's fast and easy, too). I do not want to ever live without it....I bought two...one for home, one for travel and will no doubt stock up on a few more spares!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I must agree with everyone else here. You need this! I have never been a big fan of sponges, but this one works well, the shape is versatile and the material is superb. I bought two.

WARNING: If you have a cat, store this away safely when not in use. It is a very attractive cat toy!

on 1/9/2008 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I first tried this product 1 1/2 years ago & gave it a negative review after trying it for a week. And I returned the sponge. Now, a year & a half later, I decided to buy it again & take another stab at it. Hopefully I can help someone w/this new, revised review.

When I originally tried the sponge it didn't work even tho I followed the prep. directions perfectly. Soaked it w/water, then squeezed water out & squeezed it again w/a towel. That dried the sponge too much, so it absorbed the foundation instantly & it was virtually unusable. I had to use a ton of foundation & even then I ended up w/super sheer coverage because the gallons of foundation had soaked into the sponge.

NOW, however, I decided to skip the towel - just squeezing the water out with my hand & going right to the foundation. VICTORY!

I think this is a very counter-intuitive thing, which is why I didn't figure it out originally. I figured that moisture in the sponge would dilute the foundation & end up providing too sheer coverage. Wrong! Actually, when there is some moisture in the sponge (don't use a towel!) the sponge cannot absorb as much foundation - because its little sponge cells are full of water! So by leaving my sponge a bit moist, I was able to use it properly because it didn't absorb nearly as much foundation. AND, the added moisture makes it possible to move the foundation around.

I'm delighted that I got back on the horse & tried this again. Wish I hadn't waited a year & a half, but hey . . . took me that long to get interested again & come up with a revised method of use.

Also, after using it for foundation, I gently tapped the pointed end into my Bobbi Brown concealer & patted it under each eye. Heaven. Looks even better than when I use my BB concealer brush, which I love. I'm glad I can take away my neg. review & give this gem the 5 lippies it has earned.

This pink egg sponge is a make-up artist dream. before discovering this i used to "trim" the edge of my wedge sponges to prevent streaking. an added bonus: I can use this and re-use it! you can toss it in the wash or rinse it w/ soap and water. I use Revlon color stay with Softflex, another make-up artist "on the cheap" favorite. I pour some foundation on the top of my hand (which i use like a palette) dip the Beautyblender and dab foundation on my cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, etc and blend in a rolling motion following the shape of the egg. for a dewy finish i blend with stippling brush.. and set with a little bit of mineral powder. the best flawless finish.

sometimes i use it with just mineral powder alone and it looks fabulous!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Well I've used this magical sponge for a week and I'm sold. They feel great in my hand(very testicular IYKWIM) and smoothes my foundation like No Other sponge or applicator I've ever tried. I am taking off a lipstick because they are ungodly expensive, hard to find and left some pink debris on my face a couple of times. But they clean up great, are wonderful dry or wet, and the shape cannot be beat for hard to reach areas. I found mine on drugstore.com after driving all over EBFE so if you live in a "small" big city like me, save yourself the hassle and just order from there.

on 3/1/2009 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Was skeptical of this, but went out on a limb with some birthday money...I LOVE this sponge! I don't know how I've lived without it! I have acne-scarred skin and I've had to pile on foundation to cover up. With the beautyblender, I use less foundation and my skin is flawless! I even had a coworker tell me my skin looks like velvet! I dot foundation on my face and "pounce" the beautyblender to blend. I've been using shampoo to wash the beautyblender and it works just fine.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools