beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 4/14/2018 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I resisted and resisted this stupid - looking "fad". After all, I had in the past (before cruelty was a concept) had cruel Chanel brushes. Boy were they good.

Older, weird hormones, super-oily, now some cheek flakes: yuk. Oh, I tried a super-awful knock-off. And more facial hair. I walked into an Ulta by my house and my friend-to-be who had just the right amount of pushiness to shut me up

because whatever I knew did not matter - I had a problem and I was not solving it.Leslie, my new friend got the IT! CC Cream (But it's not Chanel!) and an ORIGINAL BEAUTY BLENDER that she wet.

Like magic we were (SHE WAS) able to spring and bounce and toss that magical stupid pink thing so as to minimally or not at all disrupt or accentuate the weird flakiness and hairiness on my cheeks! The IT! Looked better than anything at the time, the water was more moisture - I got them both!

I would NOT trade that stupid pink beauty - blender for anything in this world (a different beauty tool). If you came back at me with amnesia and the cruelty Chanel foundation brush I would not even consider it.

THAT BEAUTY BLENDER IS A GENIUS TOOL. WHETHER BARBIE DEVELOPED IT OR A PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEER - I DO NOT CARE.

I have 2 now. I just ordered sale baby ones to use for undereye and eyelid application.

And I came up with the "Cadillac of all Foundations" on another review. I somehow eventually came to mix Koh-Gen-Do Maifashani Moisture Foundation (must be in the tube - no silicates. the aqua foundations - chock full of silicates") So I mix that with the IT CC! and a drop of Argan Oil* by Josie Maran, and the Beauty Blender. And I have never looked back.

Thank you. Soon I must start reviewing all the products I hate too. That is a civic responsibility as well and I sure appreciate it when others do it. I know it leads to lots of "thumbs down". That is not a deterrent. BTW for those thumb down people: If it is a worthless review SINK IT! I will add that I also see reviews (not so much here) that people sink merely because they are building a high in order to purchase a product and when that high gets pierced and they are let down I have seen at times a well defended bad review get sunk on that premise. If you find yourself there, don't do it. The truth is 100% the way to go ALL THE TIME. Again, attention-seeking pretend-critiques: blast-em. You should be able to discern between authentic and inauthentic.
*The drop or two of oil strategy is straight from Beauty-Brainiac Wayne Goss.

on 1/2/2018 12:32:00 PM

I've been using this pricey little sponge for almost four years. The people who don't like the beauty blender, from what I can tell, tend to be people who prefer a heavier foundation application. Yes, it makes your foundation go on somewhat sheer, but it is buildable. However, you will probably use more product with this then you would with a brush. Having said that, I find the beauty blender to give a flawless finish (even with cheaper foundations) that I've found in no foundation brush I've ever tried. This is a holy grail product for me for applying liquid foundation, blending out cream contours and highlights, concealer, or applying your bake. I've tried cheaper dupes for this and none of them even come close. BB has a unique texture and firmness that the cheaper sponge applicators can't seem to mimic. However, I do find the traditional white triangle sponge applicators to be an exception. They're almost just as good in my opinion, but due to their smaller size and the fact that they don't last nearly as long as the BB, this one wins for me hands down. Yes, it's ridiculously expensive, but it really will last you a long time if you take care of it. I find that you can use it for longer than the recommended time frame if you look after it properly and make sure to wash and air dry it after each use. I've only ever purchased the original pink ones, but have read that the black pro sponge gives heavier coverage. So that will be my next purchase to test this out. It's worth the money in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you`re reading these reviews you`re probably still wondering "what`s so special about a sponge?"
I don`t know how or why but it blends like a dream! It picks up the right amount of product and transfers it into the skin, unlike other sponges or brushes which tend to just move the product from left to right on the skin. It saves sooo much time, as you won`t need to touch up unless you want to build a stronger look. It makes any foundation and concealer blend flawlessly- no patches!
I cannot remember the last time I picked a brush to apply my foundation, powder or concealer with since I got this sponge.

on 4/15/2017 1:02:00 AM

Okay, so after years of using dupes of this (I live in Japan, so these aren`t sold here), I finally tried the famed Beauty Blender. Yeah, it`s a nice product, does what all the other reviewers who love it claim it does. But...so do the other dupes I`ve tried (RT sponge and Cathy Doll Ice-cream Cone). Not to mention those dupes cost a fraction of the price of this, clean more easily (I mean the brown foundation spots actually come out after 2-3 washes), and are a tad sturdier. So while the original might be a great product, in these days of presidential tycoons who don`t pay taxes and live on our backs, financially speaking I prefer sticking with the more modest options.

on 2/24/2017 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought my beautyblender about two to three years ago and I have cleaned it after every use... it still bleeds neon pink. This wouldn't be a problem except it also bleeds dye INTO MY FOUNDATION. I wasn't sure for the longest why all my makeup looked so pink so I stopped all together. Recently I went and was color matched and got a makeover, purchased the same foundation that matched my skin tone and once I came home and used the original blender my makeup was super pink (the makeup has slight yellow undertones so I know its not the makeup). Other than that I really love the product (so much that I went and purchased the new color for 2017 and it doesn't make my makeup look pink!)

Like many, I avoided buying this for a while. I finally caved when I found a bundle deal at The Makeup Show in NYC. I'm in love. Absolutely in love. I use this in combination with a paddle brush to apply my foundation and contour. It is wonderful at giving me as flawless a finish as I can get on my aging, problematic skin. I'd buy this again, but I do wish it were a little less expensive.

on 1/25/2017 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Applies foundation in a second, looks natural. What else do I need? I would forever use it.

on 10/24/2016 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

As much as I love my Beauty Blender, It sometimes is a pain removing the stains on the actual blender even when I am using its branded soap or shampoo. It can be quite fragile. I have to be careful when cleaning and using it.
I prefer using it damp and use a patting motion to blend my products. Dry...not so much.
That being said, I'm not sure what I did before they invented this thing.....

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, the Beautyblender sponge seems crazy expensive. But that's because it's been made with unicorn tears that will melt your foundation perfectly into your skin.

Okay, so maybe there are no unicorn tears but the sponge has truly changed my makeup routine. I've also tried the Real Techniques sponge, which is good but it just doesn't blend as smoothly, easily or as quickly as the Beautyblender.

Pros:
- leave a very smooth, even finish to your foundation and concealer. Easy to blend out around the jaw line and really presses foundation into the skin more a more natural look
- no streak marks like you get with some brushes
- Stops foundation from looking heavy on the skin
- It's quick to use and easy to wash/maintain

Cons:
- Price...but it's worth it

I won't be without one of these in my makeup arsenal from now on.

on 9/18/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had the Shiseido sponge for a while and I liked it better. I felt like it was soaking up less product, and that it was blending it smoother than the Beauty Blender. However, this sponge is still nice. It blends products flawlessly and it gives a beautiful finish. I'm kind of on the fence for this product. It's soaking up too much product to be a holy grail for me, even if I soak it up with water first.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools