beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 12/11/2007 6:42:00 AM

i love the beautyblender! i use laura mercier tinted moisturizer, and sometimes shiseido cream foundation and both apply flawlessly with the beautyblender. when i first purchased it i tested it out on my skin with too-dark foundation just to see its coverage and it worked like a charm. no streaks or lines. i also use the beautyblender to apply blush/bronzer after my foundation and it works like a charm. concealer as well. what a winning product!

on 5/3/2008 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

WOW... i LOVE this...
i also waited for the longest time because I was skeptical about having to pay 35 CAD for the sponge and the cleanser. but the result is BEAUTIFUL! I was using bobbi brown's foundation brush before I got this. And this sponge totally WINS in terms of giving you just the right amount of coverage with your foundation and as well as blending it SO naturally that you dont seem like you have makeup on!

I have always been searching to get my makeup on my face without people knowing. (I just hate it when people look at you with raised eyebrows and ask "do you always wear foundation?".. cuz when that happens, that means you are wearing too much)

And now, I have found the answer! When I put on my makeup and asked my boyfriend if i have foundation on, he said NO! (and hes pretty observant about these things) he just said i had beautiful skin but he couldnt see ANY traces of makeup!

im SO EXCITED to put on my makeup every morning now!

its so great to look so naturally beautiful!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooMG I LOVE THIS SPONGE.... I used the one from Sonia Kashuk, as well as the "Beauty Blender" at target $9 got it on sale.. it is AMAZING... if you dont love this and are not in awe of it.. YOU ARE USING IT WRONG... keep it moist and stipple it.. it give THE MOST (((AMAZING))) airbrushed soft perfect blended beyond perfection look... I"M IN LOVE... NO EDGES.. the TIP.. the way you can roll it omg... I'm pretty jaded sometimes so I approached this like.. yeah okay... and ate every word of disbelief.. okay... I think i'm done... you can youtube it to see how to work it ::PROPERLY:: no lines no smear no finger prints no edges just you looking fab ;)

on 6/4/2010 3:18:00 PM

I bought this to apply foundation and tinted moisturizer and it works great. The shape makes it easy to apply concealer under the eyes. The first few times cleaning it, the water turned pink. I use dr. bronner's soap to clean it and that works well. No need to buy their expensive cleanser. I like that it is made in the USA, I returned the knock off Sonia Kashuk one because it was made in China.

on 1/25/2011 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Wow wow wow i love this pink sponge :) Stumbled upon this product accidently on youtube and started reading reviews here and decided to give this a try..i am no makeup expert mind you..but even i am amazed by the results. I used this with the MAC Studio Sculpt foundation and it applied like a dream, no streaks, makeup does'nt look caked on. Before this sponge i used to use ELF Studio Blush brush or my fingers..i felt it would not cover enough but after using this sponge i realise what i've been missing. Overall a biggggg YAY from me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I'm quite torn on this product.

First and foremost, my foundation is absolutely flawless with practically no effort when I use this product. I've so far used it with MUFE HD, YSL Perfect Touch and Laura Mercier (wet/dry) Powder Foundation. With all 3, absolutely perfect looking face.

The downside, I wind up using 2x the product that I normally do if I use my fingers (MUFE), brush (YSL) or a puff (LM).

Now for the pointy part of the egg.... Concealer!!!!!!! ahhhhhh. I have a love / hate relationship with this necessary monster. My normal concealer (MUFE) has it's little plastic applicator which I'm used to, but when I need more coverage, I go for my Benefit Erase Paste which is anything but user friendly!!! With this concealer I always look, now matter how I apply it (warmed and thinned, fingers or brush), 10 years older by lunchtime. I gave it a go with the pointy end of the egg and OH MY!!!! Perfection!

Honestly, I would give this product 6 lippies if I could if all that mattered was the end result of my foundation and concealer, but the amount of product wasted would bring my rating to a 3 (at most). I've gone with a 4 although I would buy it again. I definitely don't plan on using this every day, but for when I need to look extra perfect (photos, special evening), I will be using this!

on 5/14/2011 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So, this product is great! Like another reviewer had mentioned, which I give her a million thanks.. is that if you live in Canada, try the London Look Precision Sponge first! It's the exact same look with just a more pale pink colour and it's only $9.00! Love both of these sponges for amazing flawless application. Also, Shopper's Drugmart carries the "Quo Deluxe Foundation Sponge" and it's a big oval padded elastic-y type sponge, and it's so high-quality for $2.50

on 1/28/2012 10:18:00 PM

I love this sponge!! it is so worth the hype! I bought the beauty blender about a year ago and have been loving it since. It applies my foundation, streak-free and really quickly. And just the tiniest amount covers my face so well. I put little dots of foundation around my face and stipple it around with the beauty blender. And mind you, I own other foundation brushes- mac, sephora platinum #55, a stippling brush etc.. but I keep coming back to this one. The only thing is, if you're not religious with washing your beauty blender it can leave a foundation stain on it. But other than that, amazing sponge- well worth the money.

I do really like the finish it gives and the foundation really does look flawless. I've only used liquid foundation with this sponge so far though.
It is pretty pricey for a sponge (I had a gift card at the time sooo yeah splurge lol) but it is kinda worth it because it is so multifunctional?
I use the bottom round part for my all over foundation and I use the pointed tip for under eye concealer or around the nose. And in the instructions it says you can also use it for powder and blush soooo yeah.
It does get stained pretty easily though. I wash it as thoroughly as I can but there still is like a little orangish stain.
After a while it does kinda flake? but i mean..its a sponge after all. LIke a brush sheds after time, sponges flake.

on 5/20/2012 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Seriously, I have combination, flaky, sensitive, dry, patchy, oily T-zone, old-acne scarred skin. Lovely, no? It's a HG product for me. I use it apply my foundation (of course), blush, bronzer, concealer AND powder. Seamless. Great coverage.

Works great for liquid, cream, gel foundations. However, in order not to waste it, apply it directly on your face then bounce around the BB.
I clean mine by soaking it in Cetaphil for a few minutes or baby shampoo if it needs deeper cleansing.

The great thing with the BB is, after you're done with your face, remember to get your eyelids, ears and jawline and neck.

Secret: Use a damp (almost dry) BB to apply your MSF Natural. It sets your makeup for hours. I live in Singapore and I have sweaty face and an oily T-Zone and my make up still holds up after hours of dancing.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools