beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

I'd heard raves about this new foam make-up applicator and blender. After trying it myself, I know why people love this "pink egg". Not only is it the cutest beauty tool I own, it works wonderfully also. Unlike other foam make-up sponges, the Beauty Blender's egg shape makes it perfect for the whole face. The pointed end gets into small spaces such as under the eyes and around the nose. The sides and bottom of the Beauty Blender work on the larger areas of the face. You can use this with any type of make-up product from liquid foundations to powdered products. It blends foundations perfectly and seamlessly as well as applying blushes and concealers. Used wet or dry the Beauty Blender just needs a gentle bouncing or twist across your face and features to work. It also doesn't soak up lots of precious make-up in the process. See http://www.beautyblender.net/ for more info.

on 3/24/2007 2:13:00 PM

This little beauty tool should be in everyone's makeup box! This is not like a flocked sponge or any other makeup sponge I've ever owned. For the record, I don't like makeup sponges, flocked, non-latex or otherwise. I usually much prefer a taklon foundation brush. However, the beauty blender truly applies cream and liquid foundations beautifully and flawlessly, and dare I say, much better than a foundation brush! I bought two for around $25 at Dermadoctor so price-wise it wasn't too bad. It did come all smushed in the package but I washed it and it was restored to it's perfect round shape. I bounced it around my face to stipple on my cream or liquid foundation. If you use twisting type motions, you can feather out the foundation. It gives you great control! Get one, you'll love it! Definitely will repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My favorite tool of all time! It's so simple but completely brilliant. Cuts application time in half and gives me perfect results every time. I love this little thing and will be giving it as gifts from now on! :-) Don't hesitate to purchase this hot pink wonder.

on 7/14/2007 12:29:00 AM

After several years on makeupalley, I think I've become rather cynical about products. If one doesn't strike me as incredible, there is no way I'm going to give it a second shot. When I saw this on amazon.com, offered through bebeautiful.com, I read the reviews and then waited. For a month. I just didn't want to buy another item I wouldn't use. I finally caved when, even using my MAC 187, my foundation looked ridiculous.

From the first use, this makeup applicator made my makeup application look professional. I use it to "stipple" my face, as I have excessive redness in my t-zone. It's rounded edges mean that there is no foundation that will collect in the applicator or my skin. I gently stipple about 5 small dots of foundation into my skin and then wipe it under my eyes for a flawless look.

If you get one of these, I highly recommend the 2 sponge and 1 bottle of cleaner set. It's price efficient and the cleanser cleans the sponge quickly and with minimal effort.

I highly recommend this for anyone that has felt dissatisfied with makeup application or who has just about given up on their foundation. Give it one more try with this beautyblender! It can make the difference between a blah face and a flawless face.

on 9/5/2007 10:01:00 AM

If you hate applying foundation with a sponge, as I did, and gave up on using foundation brushes, as I did, wait til you get your hands on the beautyblender! I realize that sounds crazy, but it is true! I was able to obtain one of these little pink egg-shaped sponges from a generous MUAer in a swap. At first, I was skeptical. I have never been successful at applying foundation with a sponge, no matter what shape they were, and I've tried all the shapes I could find out there. And the smell of latex sponges makes me sick, so that made the selection of sponges to try even more limited. I read the instructions my swapper included, and then I tried the sponge with my LaMer foundation. It was nothing short of amazing to see how fast and evenly I was able to get a perfect application! I pumped out a little onto the back of my hand, then dabbed the rounded end of the sponge into the foundation and used the stippling technique, just dotting the sponge onto my face. It took less than a minute and I was finished! I tried the sponge with a heavier foundation next, that is the Dior Forever. Again I was amazed. Out in broad daylight with a magnifying mirror, I could find no flaws in the way this sponge applied the foundation. No skipped areas, no open pores, no accumulation in lines and wrinkles. Maybe it could be the foundations themselves, but IMO this is the most effective and fool-proof way of applying a liquid foundation. I did not even dampen the sponge. I've wasted lots of money on foundation brushes that streak and skip and are messy to deal with and result in ugly, visible, uneven application. I will never use a brush again. I'll buy and re-buy and stockpile and hoard and stash these little beautyblenders!

on 10/18/2007 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

General description of me: I am NC15, with auburn hair, brown eyes, and freckles. I am a bit gullible, and am easily suckered in by anything in the beauty world that is new, exclusive, and often, expensive. I like shiny things, and like a chicken, I can't resist them. This isn't shiny, but it was expensive, so naturally, I wanted it. Of course, I couldn't find it on a swap list, so I forked over the $$
Description of product: It arrived in a sealed, clear plastic container, like a pink egg from another world, sent here in it's own little time capsule. My little pink egg had some rough traveling. Its package cruelly dug into it, making two odd dents. I found this disturbing and was concerned for the welfare of my expensive pink egg. I decided to take out the little packet of cleanser included with it to give the egg a bath and hope it would be reborn egg shaped instead of squished. After a bath and drying time overnight, the egg was reborn into its original unblemished state, and I was finally able to try it out. I don't like delayed gratification, but the pink egg was worth it. Despite feeling like something of a sucker for paying that much for what is basically a makeup sponge, I quickly got over it and put the little pink egg to work for its money's worth.
Effects of this product: I first used it only for blending foundation. It works quite well for this purpose, better than a typical sponge, and doesn't seem to erase what I have just spent time applying. It just gives it a soft focus. For me, the real test of it came when I found I was suddenly reaching for it all the time for e/s blending. It just seemed to make it look like I had been to a professional makeup artist for application, and I am actually a bit of a makeup klutz in terms of application. I think the first step is to admit you have a problem......
so back to the review. I continue to rely on my little pink friend nearly continuously. I blend with it every day. I eventually tossed it's distant cousins, the round drug store imitators. And I have a secret....... my little pink sponge won't be lonely long. I've ordered it a twin sister.
continued >>

on 11/18/2007 12:12:00 AM

I love this little sponge! It is a great makeup applicator and/or blender.

I use this sponge mainly for foundations. I have done a half and half test of my foundations (a liquid and a cream) compared to my usual application methods with brush or flat sponge. In all instances, the beautyblender gave a more even, more natural looking finish. It really reduced the "overdone" or fake skin look you can get if you use too much foundation.

It also allows better precision control over areas that need special coverage such as under eyes, corners of the nose, blemishes, etc. With this my concealer is needed less and what i do use, looks better.

It is quite easy to use, and feels good in the hand. It is also easy to clean, i just use regular shampoo.

I think it is cute and leave it out on my bathroom counter for all my friends too marvel at. My boyfriend is particularly intrigued and perplexed by the necessity of a pink egg sponge. I loved the look on his face when he first saw it.

on 11/20/2007 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I hate to ruin the great reviews, but I was just not a fan of this hot-pink egg. I find the shape awkward and the price just ridiculous for what you get. Though the sponge itself is nice and dense, I think Bobbi Brown wedges are of the same quality and you get an eight-pack for $5.50.

Part of my dislike is the clean freak in me, as you need to wash this sponge after each use or it sits there looking disgusting and breeding who-knows-what germs. It also takes a long time to rinse, in my experience. That being said, I absolutely love the Beautyblender cleanser to use with regular brushes. It give a nice deep clean and rinses well.

I gave it two lippies because the sponge does do it's job. But bottom line, the Beautyblender is *just* a sponge! The Web site instructs you to use a stippling technique, and you can do that with any wedge or foundation brush to get that airbrushed look. I just swapped it away and will stick to using BB wedges or the Mac 187 for applying foundation. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this at my local Pure Beauty store. At first, I was only looking to find a great brush cleanser and the SA recommended that I get the blendercleanser. The cleanser on it's on was way pricey but worked wonders. A couple weeks after I stopped in again and I decided to take the plunge and pay the buckos to try this wonder sponge. All I can say is that this thing is AMAZING! At first I thought it was kinda weird but once you get the hang out the stippling technique or you develop your own...this is truly a beauty essential. I blends my foundation and concealer so well that it's the one tool I can't travel without. As for cleaning it, I don't mind cleaning it after every use. The blendercleanser cleans off all the makeup and just a few rinses in cold water and the beautyblender is ready to use again or air dry. The price is high but it's worth the results!

on 1/3/2008 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love it!!!

I love this pink egg. It turns any liquid or cream foundation into pure beauty. It works better than any other sponge I have used, and I never did like using brushes. I use it for my new Chanel Teint Innocence compact foundation and it applies it flawlessly. Sometimes when I wipe on foundation with a reg sponge, I really have to blend, blend, blend, but this sponge makes it so easy to stipple the foundation on, I get perfect coverage and I also use much less product. A winner and I will be buying this overpriced little sponge until they go out of business or something else better comes along.

I did try to use it for my MMU, but found that my kabuki brush does a better job for powders.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools