beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

3.3

on 7/30/2016 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I tried a dupe first and it was very hard and did not work for me even after wetting it. After having a salesperson use one when applying a bb cream, I decided to purchase one. I am glad that I did. I now prefer it to brushes, even when applying a powder blush. As far as cleaning it, I found that washing it with a gentle cleanser and thoroughly rinsing it, did not remove the makeup. I now swipe it on a makeup remover towelette until it no longer leaves a streak, than I wash it and let it air dry. That may shorten the lifetime but it works and I will repurchase when it wears out. I am all for saving money but am willing to spend more on products that work better for me.

on 1/19/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Received as gift after a friend learned I was exploring "dupes". The sponge is wonderful and I really like it. HOWEVER, there are dupes that work just as well for me. As much as I like the beauty blender, I think I prefer the Real Techniques. I'm 70 with fair skin so really good foundation application is a must. Gotta hide those wrinkles and pigmentations without looking made-up. Right, senior ladies?

on 5/7/2014 6:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

It's way over priced, but it is really good. Sadly, the dupes are too hard and not absorbent enough.. The whole point, is the way it puffs up and is soft it is. Then you squeeze out as much water as you can, so it's barely damp. If it's too wet or you put toomuch foundation on at once, it can end up looking patchy Dupes seem to feel too wet and too hard. I like this for thick creams and bbs that need thinning out. You just lightly dab, so hopefully I am not rubbing too much sunscreen off, nor am I rubbing my dry skin too much. Kabuki brushes also apply a nice thin layer too, but they feel harsher on the skin. Some bbs are cream fdns are so thick, I had to rub them on the back of my hand to soften them up, before applying. I don't have to do that with this. This works fast too. I like using thicker, full coverage cream foundations, but sheering them a bit. I don't know how this work with a thin liquid. Nor sure if this works as well with thin, sheerer liquid foundations. If your foundation dries too fast this will help. Fingers do work great and damp fingers (holding this keeps them just a little damp) sometimes work best. I often apply foundation with my fingers to the face (as there is less waste) and rub it in. Then I use this to buff it a little bit. This is expensive and not needed, but if I could only have one tool for applying liquid foundation, it be this.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools