beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

on 9/14/2016 10:13:00 PM

OMG BEAUTY BLENDER WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE

After years of watching YT beauty gurus use their BBs and never really being able to get a hold of one in the UK. I saw one about 3 months in Boots (UK) and I had to have her then and there. It was about £15 and worth every penny.

I thought I was happy with my RT sponge, I wasn't. Beauty Blender has kicked the rt sponge into my work makeup bag.

BB applies even bad foundations well. I clean it about once a week and it still is coming out clean.

HG

on 7/2/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I finally caved in and bought this after having gone through several RT sponges.
And I don't love it.
It is a lot firmer than the RT sponge imo and also smaller. I felt it works nicely for my cream concealer and the point side gets into my eye area better than the RT sponge, but i usually use a brush which I LOVE (thank you zoeva concealer buffer!!!!) for that.
I use a spong mainly for mu application and this was just so...meh. It was okayish but not for the price tag and the hype. It gave me quite a thick finish which I do not like. The RT sponge gives me a so much lighter and even finish looking so much more natural.

I'm almost thinking about returning this. Why bother with it when there's a SO MUCH CHEAPER and better sponge out there?

I really wanted to love this but maybe my expectations were too high because I had already found the right product for me.

I might get the tiny BB though and see if that'll be nice for undereye and around the nose concealer.

on 3/4/2016 3:04:00 PM

I was not believing in sponges at all and was forever faithful to foundation application with brush. Until by curiosity I bought BB. It blends my concealer like a dream! And not only concealer, all my complexion looks like a dream come true every day when I blend my makeup with BB! Yes it takes more product if you want to apply the foundation with it, however the trick is to apply the foundation and concealer with brush or fingers and only then using BB to blend everything together. The finish is very natural with any coverage foundation.
A bonus: the wet sponge feels very refreshing, the skin feels awaken and I feel it de-puffing much faster.

on 9/25/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My only con for this beauty sponge would be that it's not too easy to get clean but manageable. Also, my dog ate it three days after getting it requiring me to run out and get a new one! Purple this time.

It really helps with applying foundation evenly and not worrying about a brush whose bristles are all over your face afterwards.

on 1/14/2015 12:42:00 PM

I really love this sponge! My makeup looks really dewy when I use the beautyblender. The bb makes use even out of some foundations that I have once deemed too thick or cakey looking. Applying foundation to nose area is also very easy due to its shape. I wash my bb with the cleanser after each use, but the sponge hasn't lost its shape (I have used it 5 times a week for almost two months).

It is true what a previous reviewer wrote, the bb doesn't do anything what a good foundation brush wouldn't do. However, with beautyblender I receive the same finish way more faster than with a regular brush, which is really handy on early mornings. Therefore, I believe that this is especially a great product for people who aren't so used to applying their makeup with brushes.

The only downside for me is the price, since it is pretty pricey and you have to replace it (approximately) every three months.

on 8/23/2014 8:37:00 AM

I love this sponge so much that I would pay double what it's worth! Love love love

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

YOU. NEED. THIS. IN. YOUR. LIFE. NOW.

I know what you're thinking, a $20 makeup sponge? Not happening. I thought that too, at first. After buying the dupes at TJ Maxx/Marshalls and absolutely hating them (let me tell you, the dupes are NOT the same).. I caved and bought the beauty blender set for $25 on Amazon.

BEST. DECISION. OF. MY. LIFE.

The beauty blender changes the way you apply foundation completely. Being so easy to use, and for the finish it gives to your skin, I don't know how I went without this for so long. I had watched SEVERAL you tube gurus use the beauty blender, but I just couldn't fathom the thought of spending $20+ on a friggin sponge. Like I said, I bought the dupes; I think one of the dupes I tried was by the brand "Revive." That sponge was horrible, it felt like I was punching myself in the face when applying my make up, and the Sonia Kashuk one didn't do anything for me either. The beauty blender can be used with so many different products (foundation, cream blush, conealer)-- Really, just about anything. They last a pretty good amount of time as well.

I haven't used a brush to apply any foundation to my face in nearly a year.. I would HIGHLYYYYY recommend investing in the beauty blender.. you'll fall in love. I promise.

on 5/27/2014 2:31:00 PM

I like it, but I'm not in love with it. In fact, my favorite use for it is to apply powder. When the sponge is very lightly damp (as it should be to use), I press it against my powder and bounce it on my t zone. It sets makeup without giving off a powdery finish - just a nice, natural, matte.

Otherwise, I do occasionally use it for a liquid foundation, but I don't think it works that much better on my skin than a brush does, and it does soak up more of my foundation. It is better at covering red areas in one go, and not leaving streaks, but if you're moderately decent with a brush, streaks aren't an issue anyway.

I've been using it for a couple months, and because of the price, I doubt I will repurchase immediately. I got this one in Januarys Glossybox subscription, and I wouldn't be in a hurry to repurchase at this point.

on 3/8/2014 10:09:00 PM

Hg status. I bought this last year after hearing all the hype on YouTube. I can't believe I used those little white makeup sponges!!! I have 2 beauty blenders, one for a backup. The one I use daily has developed little tears and I'm not sure if it's from getting wet and expanding so much, or if that is normal for this product. I use loreal true match foundation and nyx hd photogenic concealer both of which are flawless in a flash. I clean mine once a week with olive oil and dish soap. I just don't like buying "specifically made for this" kind of cleaners when I can use things around my home! I think some people are unsure of how to use this correctly and I have seen people use it dry. To get maximum power from this, USE IT DAMP!! I will buy forever and ever and will be very sad if I have to go back to not beauty blender sponges :)

on 2/15/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had such high expectations for this product after seeing all the YouTube-clips and reading the good reviews, so when I finally purchased the product, I got really disappointed. I really did not notice any difference to other sponges. At least for me it did not work at all. I will therefore keep using a brush ;) only way to get a beautiful base!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools