beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

on 2/27/2018 11:02:00 PM

Beauty Blender is worth buying.I have got pretty lots of makeup in my collection but I'm not buying all I would want cause I don't have that money.But I still think this is worth (is it $16).There ain't a product like this (although I've heard the flower beauty Blender is great) I believe.When I use this to apply my foundation with bouncing motion, result is always flawless. I use Beauty Blender for foundation applying, to apply my cream blush, to apply concealer and also loose powder. Usually I tend to wet the BB with a face mist/spray. That way I don't have to hurry to the wc for wetting it. And I can also use it dry for erasing powder makeup like even out my blush if there's too much. It's a game changer!

on 2/27/2018 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you love the flawless finish a sponge gives, yes this is a good one. I am giving it 2 lippies because the price is ridiculous and they are hit or miss, some hold up better than others, even though I wash them all the same way. Also because there are others that are much cheaper that work just as well if not better.
I use a sponge about 95% of the time. I don't need super heavy coverage and I like the natural look I get with the sponges. Others that I use that I like just as well that are comparable are Real Techniques Miracle Sponge, Flower Beauty 3 in 1, & L'Oreal Infallible Blend Artist. I also love the PUR sponges but they aren't as soft as Beauty Blender and the other 3, but I like the finish they give my foundations and they clean really easy.

I don't find they soak up a lot of foundation unless you don't dry them out enough. I dampen then squeeze with a towel.

I've tried all the cheap dupes in hopes of finding something less expensive, but believe me, the real deal is worth it. A true investment.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Perfect for blending concealer, applying your bake, or applying sheer coverage foundation! Obsessed!

I wear double wear foundation and usually apply with a brush but decided to try the beatyblendee I got the original pink one and followed the instruction of wetting it wringing it and using it and yes my foundation was nice but it definitely didn't give as much coverage and I was using more foundation than I normally do. It is also quite time consuming to put on. I also noticed that it wasn't staying in place as well as it normally did when I was using a brush. So after about 2 weeks of using it one morning I thought I'd revert back to my brush and decide which I prefer and the brush has won hands down I had good even heavy coverage that stayed in place all day was quicker to use and only used half the amount of the beauty blender. So it's back to my £6.00 foundation brush for me. It may work for you if you prefer a lighter more dewy look but if double wear is your HG then you probably prefer a heavier look so the beauty blender probably isn't for you.

I've been using the Beauty Blender for more than 3 years now and I'm so glad I joined the hype train. Yes paying almost $30 for a sponge is ridiculous but it lasts AGES if you take good care of it and my makeup has never looked better. I honestly don't even remember the last time I used a brush to apply my foundation. I've used both the original pink and the black pro version. Personally I prefer the black version for thicker, full coverage products and the original for sheer and medium finish foundations. I've tried the Real Techniques dupe but I just keep coming back to this, and I will continue to repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I wish this was a gimmick but it really does make my makeup look flawless. It's a little pricey but if you wash it and store it properly (in the small cup provided in the packaging) you can get a good 3-4 months out of it. Just make sure you dry it completely and leave it where air gets to it. You don't want a moldy sponge. It really makes a difference with my foundation. Even when I use a brush, I go over it with the Beauty Blender and it smoothes everything out. Love it. I find the original pink one best. I've tried the black and the pink is softer, less dense. It's easier to "bounce" the pink one on your face.

on 11/19/2016 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Until recently I have used the Pro (black) version of the BB and it is second choice to my Real Techniques sponge because it simply does a better job and is about 100 times easier to clean than the BB. With the pro version you can't see staining nearly as much as the original version and that is my number one complaint about this. No matter what technique I use to clean it nothing removes stains from this thing and I find it soaks up so much more product than the RT sponge as well. Maybe I got a dud but it also developed a tear after the first use which p*ssed me off to no end! Washing it resulted in a crap ton of pink dye rinsing out into my sink - WTF is that all about? No other sponge has done this. Seriously, I don't know what happened here but for the price I can't justify ever investing in another one of these sponges. I don't feel like the finish of my foundation is better using BB than using either the pro version or the RT sponge. And considering I can buy 4 RT sponges for the price of one BB...

I sincerely hope that anyone purchasing this very expensive sponge doesn't have any of the issues I spoke of. I know I am in the minority with my opinion about the original beauty blender and obviously I bought this hoping to have the great experience that many others had, but alas this was not the case. :(

on 11/14/2016 4:04:00 AM

At first I was hesitant to spend over $20 for a make up sponge that you're meant to throw out after a few months but now I don't question the price tag at all. It can make a full coverage foundation just melt into your skin and you still get the coverage but no 'cake face'. Highly highly recommend spending the money and even though they recommend throwing it out after 3 months, if you wash it regularly and take care of it you can keep it longer.

on 10/20/2016 4:50:00 AM