beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried the beauty blender and other knockoffs, and I know some people love using these types of sponges when applying foundation, concealer, or even setting powder onto the face, because it provides a very seamless look when blending such out, however, it absorbs a lot of makeup into it, and even when you are washing these things everyday, they aren't getting 100% clean, even if you may think they are. That is because your mainly cleaning the outer surface of the sponge, while the makeup dirt and other stuff that has absorbed deep down into it is not being 100% removed with each washing at all. You can cut open a beauty blender and easily see all that deep down gook residing within it.

Also, because it eats up a lot of product, that's wasted product that you could have had to use, but now has been eaten by the beauty blender, which will make you have to replenish foundation, concealer, face setting powder, bronzer or whatever else you use the sponge for application with to definitely need to be re-plenished faster than if you had used a makeup brush or another makeup application tool, that doesn't suck up product into it.

Also, the Real Techniques knock off is basically doing the same thing is the best knockoff out there, so I would honestly recommend using that versus paying for this over expensive, overhyped makeup blending sponge.

I’ve held off buying this sponge for the longest time since 2015. And i should’ve just kept it that way lol.
For the longest time i thought it was gonna be mindblowingly soft n bouncy lol. I’ve only been using the RT sponge coz that’s the one i could afford.
I was just so underwhelmed by this sponge! It wasn’t very bouncy, squishy and it doesn’t perform any better than my good ol’ $7 RT sponge. In fact the RT sponge feels a lot more bouncier and squishier.
Don’t get me wrong, it works, and it also blended my foundation beautifully and seamlessly, It’s just too expensive for what it is, and now i’ll just have to use it until it breaks apart lol. I wouldn’t reccomend this sponge whatsoever, there are just many other sponges that work as well for a fraction of the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first 'special beauty sponge' and it works nice. Not perfect and kinda inconvenient to use. Also on the pricey side so I'll try a cheaper one next time. I've previously tried those old school sponges and they're also okay. Not a huge difference.

on 5/5/2017 12:28:00 AM

I bought my first BB in December last year after reading up so many good reviews about it.

Personally I feel that this sponge really gives an airbrushed finish, and I use it to apply my liquid foundation, concealer, blusher as well as when baking my under eye. I got the black BB as my first one only because it's my favorite color. I also bought the BB liquid cleanser and it really washes out all the stains and whatnots, leaving my BB looking as good as new, each time, every time.

I always use my BB wet and found that it helps with spreading my foundation evenly. It gets a little tiring on the hand whenever I use the bouncing motion to apply my foundation but hey the finish is what matters! I was devastated when my toddler got hold of my BB which I left on my make up table for drying, and tear off the tip of it! Not wanting to be left feeling helpless, I went on to purchase the set of 5 at a bargain price from Sephora. Now I have 6 BBs in my drawer but I have not touched the new ones yet as I am still using my first one despite it missing the tip and all. Overall a good purchase and I would recommend it to all my friends.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I wish this was a gimmick but it really does make my makeup look flawless. It's a little pricey but if you wash it and store it properly (in the small cup provided in the packaging) you can get a good 3-4 months out of it. Just make sure you dry it completely and leave it where air gets to it. You don't want a moldy sponge. It really makes a difference with my foundation. Even when I use a brush, I go over it with the Beauty Blender and it smoothes everything out. Love it. I find the original pink one best. I've tried the black and the pink is softer, less dense. It's easier to "bounce" the pink one on your face.

Hate to admit it but I would buy another one (despite the crazy price) if something happened to my current one.

I used other dupes before I bought this one but they absorbed more product and just couldn't live up to BB's performance standards. Even ditched my MAC and Sephora brushes for the BB

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Let me get this out of the way. I.LOVE.BEAUTY.BLENDERS. I agree that the price is a little over the top for a sponge but the results I get are absolutely flawless. The way I use this is to hold it under running tap water and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze until it has doubled in size. I then squeeze out as much water as I can before squeezing it into a towel to soak up any extra moisture. I am left with a sponge that is perfectly damp and blends my makeup to sheer perfection. I have used the dupe to the Artis brush and found that I, personally, enjoy the look of my foundation when I use the beauty blender. That is because I have combination skin so when I run the brush across my face it lifts up and dry patches and looks gross and scaley. With this it presses the product into my face and give enough moisture to my scaley bits that they do not become noticable. If you have the means, I highly recommend this product. Also, I do not use the recommended beauty blender cleanser. I use Zote to clean my beauty blender and I think it cleans it just as well. It is only $1 and you can find it at Walmart.

on 1/15/2017 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've tried the pro version of the beauty blender as well but the original doesn't seem as durable as the pro version. Still great though.

on 11/27/2016 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This sponge is worth the hype. You can use it to apply pretty much anything: foundation, powders, cream bronzer/highlight, etc. This gives your foundation and powder such a natural glow. I have tried the Real Techniques sponge but it does not compare to what this sponge does. I would repurchase and recommend to a friend!

[Update 09-16-2017: I recently repurchased a Beauty Blender to replace my super old one; however, I paid 20 dollars only to receive a dud beauty blender (didn't get very damp, was very dense, ripped after one wash). Because of this I am updating my review to not recommend this product as the quality control is not there. For a sponge of this price, that should not happen. I would recommend the Ecotools Blending Sponge (only $5.99 for one) over this one as it gives the same finish and you're not out 20 bucks if it doesn't work out. I'm keeping the rating the same as when the BB does work, it's amazing. Just keep in mind that there are way cheaper alternatives that will still give you the same finish that it does for a fraction of the cost.]

on 11/9/2016 5:45:00 PM

I wouldn't use anything else but this to apply my concealer ! It's s HG product , a must have !

Popular Misc Beauty Tools