beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.6

on 11/19/2015 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I bought a Sephora brand similar sponge to save $. Used that for 3 years, without it breaking down. On a whim I bought The Sponge 2 weeks ago. It is So Much Better! Soft and the pointy end is great for concealer and the corners of your eyes and nose! And the large end provides flawless coverage--amazingly better than the knock-off!! I'm so surprised and pleased. I'm looking forward to applying my foundation in the mornings! Even at the price, this is one of those worth it things.

on 4/18/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was super skeptical when I first heard about the bb because I thought $20 for a sponge was outrageous. I bought one anyway just to see what the hype was about and fell in love. It leaves the finish of my becca creme foundation so smooth and even! I also have the mini bb's, not quite as in love with them as I am the original, but they're good for tight spaces under the eyes etc. I always use mine wet-tried it dry just to see and it did not perform the same. Definitely try them if you're considering.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

IT'S SO FLUFFLY I'M GONNA DIE!
Ok, on a serious note, I can't believe I spent $20.00 on a freaking sponge. It was just a momentanous moment of splurge because this sponge is EVERYWHERE on YouTube. Super hyped! Yeah, I get it; it is super soft and blends foundation and concealer like a dream, it is made of such soft porous material it expands tremendously with water, but really? Twenty-freaking- dollars?
I actually have a couple of problems with this sponge: 1) The steep price 2) How unsanitary it really is... I just clean it in microwaved hot water, also with anti bacterial soap, and I leave it to dry wondering if mildew is forming at its core, because I am never 100% sure it is truly dry even after it shrinks. 3) It is some delicate frail material. I know it will lose it's shape over time, and the pink color also fades. 4) With my great quality brushes I can achieve the same effect this product provides me. All in all, I feel it is a cool item to have just because everyone raves about it. You know what I mean? Not a god sent. Not worth twenty dollars.

on 5/30/2014 4:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using it regularly ever since I got it but not as much as I thought I would. And it's not that it's disappointing or bad, it's just not better than a really great face brush in my opinion...

It's really great when you need to do a medium/full coverage foundation+concealer in minimum time.

When it comes to cheaper dupes for this sponge; they do not compare, I have tried many dupe sponges. They usually have a completely different texture and they do not give you the same finish.

Cleaning this item is a challenge. Well, making it look clean is a challenge. It stains so badly. I personally do not care about the stains as long as it's clean.

I really really like the Beauty Blender and I will always have one at my disposal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

AMAZING! I was very skeptical paying 20 bucks for this, but it has changed the way I apply foundation and makes it a beautiful finish with no streaks. I use the pointed end for concealer. I will occasionally see people not DAMPENING it before use. Make sure you do that it will make a world of difference. Buy this:)

on 1/31/2014 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

Maybe I'm missing something, but in my opinion, this is just a super expensive sponge. I hate taking the time to clean it, and as a result, I don't use it very often. Besides, I never feel like it's really clean since it's impossible to get rid of all that bacteria. I won't buy it again. I will use the disposable makeup wedges from my local drugstore. However, I did learn from using this that wetting it first makes it easier to blend makeup, so I'll add that trick to my repertoire.

UPDATE: After using this for several weeks, I have to admit I've come to love it. The way it makes the texture of my skin look is amazing! I'm very happy with the results, but I dislike the whole cleaning process. I miss my disposable wedges, but they never made my skin look like this!

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Throw away all your face brushes! This beauty blender overtakes all my face brushes that I have. Been using this for almost 10 months now and it is great! I always buy the ones with 2 beauty blenders inside because it is more worth it! I use 1 sponge for 6 months before throwing it out. I'm on my 2nd sponge right now.

I clean this with my cleanser and the foundation in this comes off right away. I never tried the sponger cleaner because I find that it is a waste of money since I have other products that can have the same effect in removing the foundation in it.

This blends foundation effortlessly. I mostly use liquid and power foundations so I am not sure how it is for cream foundations. I use Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation about 3 times a week and this sponge does not make it look cakey at all!

I never tried any knockoff versions of this before and I am glad that I did not because that would be a waste of money. This beauty blender is totally worth every single dollar. I use it everytime now. I haven't touched my brushed ever since

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this! I didn't think I could spend $20 on a sponge, but I actually recieved it as a gift and fell in love! It is awesome because it has an amazing way of blending and applying that makes the foundation look like actual skin! My only gripe is that a little piece of the sponge did rip, but it hasn't affected use or quality of it; also you need to clean it frequently.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

So glad I gave this product a second chance. After disliking it at first due to not giving my full coverage fdnt a full coverage effect, I love it. The second time I tried it it gave me just the right amount of coverage to cover my redness and blemishes. I run it under the sink and squeeze the water out, squeeze with a towel as well, and dip it in my fdnt and bounce it on skin all over. It feels so cool and soft when on your face, and gives your foundation a natural non-cakey look. Brushes can leave streaks but the beautyblender doesnt. I use to apply fdnt, blend, and apply concealer under your eye. When washing, it does bleed pink for several washes. The only thing I dislike is the price. $20 for a sponge? However I would repurchase this. Definitely recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I LOVE my beauty blender. It makes my makeup go on flawlessly and look dewy after application. Previously i had been using a brush and would get disappointed when I saw streaks however this is never a problem with the beauty blender. My only complaint is the price, given that you have to replace them every 3 months or so.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools