beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

on 10/18/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was hesitant to buy this at first because I don't use sponges and this little thing is expensive! However, I can say that I love my beauty blender. I use it for everything. Foundation, highlight and even setting powder! I have the RT sponge as well, and while I like it as well, I find this one is a bit bouncier and softer which is better for blending.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I had the BB for about 6 months now and I love it. I need full coverage face because of tons of blackheads on my face. I use Revlon Colorstay (2 quarter size dots) over my face and the BB blends it out perfectly. Only problem I do have with it is that I have medium size nails and now there are nail tears on it. But it still works just the same. But I tried the so called "dupes" and they are not to compare.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

A must have for applying my BB Cream. I soak it with water first and ring it out so its kind of wet which makes applying my bb cream so much better :)

UPDATE: Sept 24/13

I still love the beauty blender but I found something that works even better. The real technique buffing brush by Samantha Chapman ( You can find it at any Walmart) is amazing when applying liquid foundation or a BB cream.

on 3/19/2012 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Medium

I actually wasn't expecting much when purchasing it, but I always have a hard time with my foundation because I have a lot of acne scars and big pores. My skin is just really hard to work with overall, I can't never get the perfect,flawless application I so want. I thought my Sigma F80 was working pretty well but got a little bored so I thought why not try this. I bought the 2 pack because its way cheaper that way and figured that if I didnt like it I could always swap the unused one. Turns out I love it, seriously I know its just a sponge but there is something MAGIC about it. My Revlon Colorstay look flawless when I apply it with the BB. I think it works better with thicker liquid foundation because I've tried it with my Mac Studio Sculpt ( which is a gel ) and its awful lol. But I mostly wear full coverage foundations which are generally thicker so its not a problem to me. I'm so glad I tried it and won't ever be without it again

on 8/15/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've just gotten into makeup and I follow a few makeup artist online. One is Sam fine. He always uses sponges. I've seen his celebrity faces that he's done and I wanted that look as well. But I personally didn't want to purchase so many sponges every certain amount of time. So when Fine recommended this I decided to check it out. I was skeptical at first, but when I read that one reviewer on Sephora has the same beauty blender sponge for a year I was sold.

This is a high quality sponge. I can clearly tell the difference between a cheap sponge from the drugstore and this sponge. I frankly don't think this waste product, I only use a 2 swipes of my cream foundation and I can use it all over my face. The sponge I think is great for controlling how much product you use. If I need more, I just simply squeeze the sponge.

Don't waste your time purchasing the cleaner, Dawn liquid soap works just fine. This gives a flawless and natural face and the texture and the shape are agreeable with the skin and face. People couldn't even tell I was wearing a full coverage foundation.

My only disappointment is that there are tears in the sponge. It's prompted me to be a lot more careful and it hasn't effect the way concealer or foundation is applied in my opinion. I'm not surprised, I have been using it for months practically everyday.

Another thing to watch out for is that it can get misshaped. I was traveling when I notice that. However, once I applied some water it may have had the lumpy shape but it stilled applied well. After using it a second or third rise time the sponge would reshape again.

on 1/3/2008 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love it!!!

I love this pink egg. It turns any liquid or cream foundation into pure beauty. It works better than any other sponge I have used, and I never did like using brushes. I use it for my new Chanel Teint Innocence compact foundation and it applies it flawlessly. Sometimes when I wipe on foundation with a reg sponge, I really have to blend, blend, blend, but this sponge makes it so easy to stipple the foundation on, I get perfect coverage and I also use much less product. A winner and I will be buying this overpriced little sponge until they go out of business or something else better comes along.

I did try to use it for my MMU, but found that my kabuki brush does a better job for powders.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools