beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

on 3/1/2009 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Was skeptical of this, but went out on a limb with some birthday money...I LOVE this sponge! I don't know how I've lived without it! I have acne-scarred skin and I've had to pile on foundation to cover up. With the beautyblender, I use less foundation and my skin is flawless! I even had a coworker tell me my skin looks like velvet! I dot foundation on my face and "pounce" the beautyblender to blend. I've been using shampoo to wash the beautyblender and it works just fine.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this sponge! I was skeptical at first--and it is a little expensive for "just a sponge"--however after using this for a few weeks I know it's waaaay more than just a sponge. It doesn't compare at all to the usual sponges used to apply foundation. The key to getting the most out of beautyblender is not to rub--just kind of dab (it does all of the blending for you using this method, without wiping the foundation off). I have the mac 188 and just about every other foundation brush, but nothing really compares to this! I've used beautyblender with almost all of my liquid foundations and it performs equally well with each of them. If you prefer liquid foundation, this sponge is a must for you to try!! I'll definately be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I just first want to say when I first came upon the beautyblender, I thought it was ridiculously expensive. So, I tried the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge (which I guess is the generic version of the beautyblender). It was poorly made and starting shedding in just a few weeks after starting use. I threw it away and decided to try the beautyblender. I love it! I use transfer resistant foundations and they dry way too fast to use a makeup brush or my fingers. I use the beautyblender to stipple my foundation and it immediately melts into my skin for a flawless finish. Yes, there is some waste of product. But, it's a tradeoff since I get such a good finish plus like I said, I can't use makeup brushes or my fingers with my foundation. My only complaint is cleaning the sponge. Because my foundation dries so fast, it's virtually impossible to remove all the foundation from the sponge. I do get most of it and I make sure I clean the beautyblender very well to reduce the bacteria in it. I do pour my foundation into a bowl and then dip my sponge into that before applying. And after I have cleaned my sponge, I clean out the bowl very well to reduce bacteria there as well. It does take 7-10 minutes to clean the sponge and that is a bit too long, but it's a minor problem. I've been using this for about a month and I have had no problems with irritation or breakouts. I gave it only 4 lippies though, because of how long it takes to clean the sponge. Other than that, it's an amazing product.

*Just an update* I have recently discovered Daiso detergent for puff and sponge and it cleans my beautyblender completely in less than 2 minutes. So, the beautyblender now gets 5 lippies from me!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Applies foundation that is otherwise hard to apply evenly, if sheerer. Great for cream blush, and even setting powder. Expensive, but it seems like it will last a long time, after 4 months it still looks like new.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

this is hands down, the one product i will never be without. i have tried imitations, sonia kashuk, sephora, cheap drugstore wedges, to no avail. they are NOT the same as the beautyblender. is it an expensive sponge? on it's face, i guess, but when you consider how long this thing lasts that is no longer a consideration. i guess if you are a die-hard brush lover, then this will likely not change your mind. but i tried brushes and i come back to this over and over. i've turned on multiple women in my family to it. it is awesome for liquid foundation and because i wet it i don't feel like it sucks up any more foundation than any other implement. i also use it dry to apply my mac msfn for spot application.

any makeup lover out there owes this thing at least one try. if you don't like it, return it. but don't even bother trying to save a few bucks with imitations and think they are even close to the same as this, they aren't.

wow, i sound militant. we'll just call it enthusiasm. :-)

pros: lasts a very long time when cleansed and cared for properly, applies liquid and powder foundation beautifully

cons: my dogs love to get their paws on it

on 4/27/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This sponge is HG status! It really does make application look flawless. I use this for liquid foundation, liquid concealer and also my MAC mineral powder for that airbrushed look. Sometimes I feel like I am cheating on my 187 and 188 brushes. I like the fact that its very sanitary since you wash it after every use.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I caved to reviews and purchased the duo sponges w/cleanser packet from Amazon for $30. BTW cleanser is already gone which is not good also sponges become misshapen while using though haven't noticed any blotchiness with application and it reshapes itself once rinsed out. Despite this I love the finish and would buy again.

PROS:
Flawless, natural look every time
Great with cream concealer and MMU
The shape is genius, picks up and distributes well
The texture and shape feel great on skin
Results are nearly flawless on my fine lines
Stipples very well

CONS:
Expensive
Not easily cleaned without their cleanser
Bacteria buildup
No creative housing for this, I leave it in the pkg
Over-absorbs makeup....

UPDATE 9/6/10: Cleans great w/castille soap like Dr. Bronner

on 5/13/2010 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I can't live without these! Nothing applies foundation better than these pink bouncy cuties. They are very long lasting as well (might sound gross but I have been using the same one for about a year)- don't ridicule me, I wash it really well with anti bacterial soap and have never broken out. If anything it isn't as vibrant as it was when I first bought it, but it still does it's job. It's easy to get under the eyes, around the nose brows and hairline with this sponge. Flawless natural finish every time. It helps your makeup look like perfect skin. Will always repurchase (I already bought backups for travel).

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the best product for putting on foundation. The shape, the feel, and the texture of this sponge are perfect!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love this. I've tried every other method of application and on me, the beautyblender works best for a flawless, airbrushed effect. Believe the hype! It does need to be washed with the special soap once a week, or you could probably just use a gentle shampoo.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools