beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

I've been using the beauty blender for some time now and I thought that it might be a good idea of sharing my opinion about the sponge and sharing some tips and tricks on how you can make this work. - It's in the video on your right or above this paragraph.

I love this sponge so much and you can use it for so many steps in your makeup routine, it's not only for foundation! Using the beauty blender for any liquid or cream makeup products will work out! But most important, don't forget to clean the sponge every time after use because this is how you can keep the beauty blender clean and it's easier to wash.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use the pro (black) version of the beautyblender, and while I really like it I’m not using it often.
It blends a concealer like a dream by eating it up. So basically to make the end result looks like I like I must go heavy handed at the beginning and spend some quality time pressing and blending it to my skin if I use the normal amount of the product I will end up with a very sheer coverage. I don't have dark circles and I almost never use a concealer, like 10 times a year...
I don't like wearing liquid foundation, and it's definitely not the best tool to work with powders. It works quite well with cream products that need to look like a part of the skin, for example, color correctors, I prefer to use those to using concealers.
It also takes some time and significant efforts to wash it properly, and if you pick the white or cream sponge they will always stay stained. I just can't stand stained beauty tools, they throw me off. I love using white brushes and I have no problems cleaning those.

It is an awesome tool for anyone who loves liquid or cream foundations, wear concealer daily or loves spending time doing their makeup. I'm not one of those people. I prefer quick out of the door solutions and beauty tools that are fast to clean. Cream products do not sink deeply into the Beautyblender and are easy to wash off, so I use it solely with those.

I’ve held off buying this sponge for the longest time since 2015. And i should’ve just kept it that way lol.
For the longest time i thought it was gonna be mindblowingly soft n bouncy lol. I’ve only been using the RT sponge coz that’s the one i could afford.
I was just so underwhelmed by this sponge! It wasn’t very bouncy, squishy and it doesn’t perform any better than my good ol’ $7 RT sponge. In fact the RT sponge feels a lot more bouncier and squishier.
Don’t get me wrong, it works, and it also blended my foundation beautifully and seamlessly, It’s just too expensive for what it is, and now i’ll just have to use it until it breaks apart lol. I wouldn’t reccomend this sponge whatsoever, there are just many other sponges that work as well for a fraction of the price.

on 2/7/2018 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used the Beautyblender for a couple of years now. Not long after I purchased it, the tip came off and then since then a few more parts have broken away. I am very careful with things and I am not heavy-handed, so I was quite surprised this happened. I have still been using it as I honestly don't really think it's good enough to warrant re-purchasing a new one. I will happily repurchase expensive items if I think the price is justified and the product makes a difference however I don't really find that the Beautyblender makes much of a difference to how my makeup looks/applies.
I purchased the original pink version and I mainly use it for concealer application. I use it damp (as I'm sure the majority of people do) however, I find that if it is too damp, it makes concealer look very patchy and uneven.
I do wish that I liked this product more and that it made more of a difference to how my makeup looks. It's not a bad item, it's just quite over-hyped in my opinion.

Before purchasing the Beauty Blender, I tried numerous brushes for foundation- they ranged from flat tops, and stippling brushes. I tried the Real Techniques sponge first, & it's a great product, but I was still curious about the BB. I tried this right after purchasing, and fell in love. It blends out foundation and concealer beautifully. I use the butt (:D) of the BB in a bouncing motion to blend out foundation, and the pointed edge under my eyes. The best part is that the BB is also wonderful for setting your face with powder, both pressed & loose. It doesn't stop there- it's also great for bronzer, highlighter & blush. I forgot my face brushes while on a small vacation, but had popped the BB in my purse, and that's the day I learned about all the extra things it's great for. Definitely worth it because of its versatility :) the only con to this product is that it's hard to blend around my eyebrows, but that's not a deal breaker. Give the Beauty Blender a whirl ♡

on 3/1/2017 7:20:00 PM

I was late to this trend, as usual. However, I am just glad I finally got with it. I love this thing! I have tried a lot of other sponges, even the highly coveted Real Techniques sponge and none compare to this. It has the perfect absorption, texture, whatever you want to call it. The perfect bounce. I never liked foundation until I found this thing. Now I can actually wear it without wanting to rip off my face. I adore this thing and will continue repurchasing it when I need to. I already grabbed the 4 piece set after getting the first one. (comes with the black one, the mini one, the original and the soap)

on 2/24/2017 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had used the cheaper sponge before this, thinking all sponges do the same job. But I was wrong, I brought the original to give it a go and I never had a sponge that do a great job. I always wash my sponge after I used. well at least alternately. As I washed, the sponge looks like new. No product lingering unlike the cheap dupes. I was really amazed. I would buy again, but I don't think we need to giving the excellent job in cleaning. when cleaning it, the dye bleeds out, I'm quite worry if in a long run, the color changes. so far I've got this for 3-4mths. Seems good.

on 2/24/2017 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought my beautyblender about two to three years ago and I have cleaned it after every use... it still bleeds neon pink. This wouldn't be a problem except it also bleeds dye INTO MY FOUNDATION. I wasn't sure for the longest why all my makeup looked so pink so I stopped all together. Recently I went and was color matched and got a makeover, purchased the same foundation that matched my skin tone and once I came home and used the original blender my makeup was super pink (the makeup has slight yellow undertones so I know its not the makeup). Other than that I really love the product (so much that I went and purchased the new color for 2017 and it doesn't make my makeup look pink!)

on 1/25/2017 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Applies foundation in a second, looks natural. What else do I need? I would forever use it.

on 11/27/2016 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The beautyblender is the most surprising and impressive beauty purchase I have ever made. It's about $34 here in NZ, so at first I couldn't justify paying so much for a sponge and eyed the Real Techniques sponge. I'm glad I didn't get the RT sponge; the beautyblender has changed the way I wear my foundation. I much prefer it, and since using it I dislike how my foundation/concealer looks after using my old stippling brush. I don't mind cleaning it at all either (bonus points if you use your favourite shampoo to make it smell nice--perfect for next use lol). I'd definitely repurchase.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools