beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

Before purchasing the Beauty Blender, I tried numerous brushes for foundation- they ranged from flat tops, and stippling brushes. I tried the Real Techniques sponge first, & it's a great product, but I was still curious about the BB. I tried this right after purchasing, and fell in love. It blends out foundation and concealer beautifully. I use the butt (:D) of the BB in a bouncing motion to blend out foundation, and the pointed edge under my eyes. The best part is that the BB is also wonderful for setting your face with powder, both pressed & loose. It doesn't stop there- it's also great for bronzer, highlighter & blush. I forgot my face brushes while on a small vacation, but had popped the BB in my purse, and that's the day I learned about all the extra things it's great for. Definitely worth it because of its versatility :) the only con to this product is that it's hard to blend around my eyebrows, but that's not a deal breaker. Give the Beauty Blender a whirl ♡

on 3/1/2017 7:20:00 PM

I was late to this trend, as usual. However, I am just glad I finally got with it. I love this thing! I have tried a lot of other sponges, even the highly coveted Real Techniques sponge and none compare to this. It has the perfect absorption, texture, whatever you want to call it. The perfect bounce. I never liked foundation until I found this thing. Now I can actually wear it without wanting to rip off my face. I adore this thing and will continue repurchasing it when I need to. I already grabbed the 4 piece set after getting the first one. (comes with the black one, the mini one, the original and the soap)

on 2/24/2017 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I had used the cheaper sponge before this, thinking all sponges do the same job. But I was wrong, I brought the original to give it a go and I never had a sponge that do a great job. I always wash my sponge after I used. well at least alternately. As I washed, the sponge looks like new. No product lingering unlike the cheap dupes. I was really amazed. I would buy again, but I don't think we need to giving the excellent job in cleaning. when cleaning it, the dye bleeds out, I'm quite worry if in a long run, the color changes. so far I've got this for 3-4mths. Seems good.

on 2/24/2017 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought my beautyblender about two to three years ago and I have cleaned it after every use... it still bleeds neon pink. This wouldn't be a problem except it also bleeds dye INTO MY FOUNDATION. I wasn't sure for the longest why all my makeup looked so pink so I stopped all together. Recently I went and was color matched and got a makeover, purchased the same foundation that matched my skin tone and once I came home and used the original blender my makeup was super pink (the makeup has slight yellow undertones so I know its not the makeup). Other than that I really love the product (so much that I went and purchased the new color for 2017 and it doesn't make my makeup look pink!)

on 1/25/2017 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Applies foundation in a second, looks natural. What else do I need? I would forever use it.

on 11/27/2016 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The beautyblender is the most surprising and impressive beauty purchase I have ever made. It's about $34 here in NZ, so at first I couldn't justify paying so much for a sponge and eyed the Real Techniques sponge. I'm glad I didn't get the RT sponge; the beautyblender has changed the way I wear my foundation. I much prefer it, and since using it I dislike how my foundation/concealer looks after using my old stippling brush. I don't mind cleaning it at all either (bonus points if you use your favourite shampoo to make it smell nice--perfect for next use lol). I'd definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

makes my concealer and foundation look flawless, way better than most brushes i've tried

on 10/13/2016 7:19:00 PM

I had one of these when they came out years ago. They were selling them at my hair salon so I purchased one. I loved it and used it all the time. Then I got into using brushes for a while and didn't use the bb. Finally I said let me get a new one as I have some heavier coverage foundations I'd like to try it with. Turns out I still love it years later. It really does blend makeup seamlessly. The dupes in my case don't compare to the original. I've tried using others but I always go back to the beautyblender. It's pricey but it imo blends foundation flawlessly. I especially love to use it with the NARS All Day Luminous wear foundation. It applies it like a dream and it looks so natural when I use this. So as someone who had this from back in the day to now I still think it's a great tool and I wouldn't be without it. Recommended.

on 10/1/2016 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this about 2 weeks ago, and so far it's been working quite well. It blends in my foundation quite well, without soaking too much of my foundation. However, with cleansing it daily, you must be very careful and use only paper towels. I used a regular towel yesterday to clean it because i was out of paper towels and managed to cause a small amount of flaking on the sponge (not overly so that I'd need a new one, but enough for me to be careful about using that area). Overall, it's a solid product.

on 8/4/2016 12:42:00 PM

Let me first say, this is a holy grail product. This thing can blend ANYTHING!!! I got this and thought it looked smaller in person, but I forgot to use logic(it expands when you soak it) but I bought it anyway. In my opinion, $20 is a lot for a sponge, but it was so worth the price. Plus if you clean it regularly, it well definitely last longer, like up to six months.

KEEP THE CONTAINER! It is so handy if you travel. Just stick your Beautyblender in the tube n your good to go. It is also good for drying your sponge for after you use it. I found this blended my foundation as well as my cc cream, and my concealer. I have never found a brush that was "do it all".

Pros: can blend ANYTHING
Super easy to use, foolproof
Small, good for travel(remember, gets bigger when damp)
Is good for larger areas and small ones.

Cons: might be difficult to clean, depending on how you clean it.
Price(but was worth it)

I totally recommend! Nothing compares. sorry real techniques, I still love you. Yes it is pricey for a sponge but there ain't nothing better. Hands down the only makeup tool I need for face makeup.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools