beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

on 7/11/2017 3:38:00 PM

Flat sponges are better and cheaper. The beauty blender absorbs too much product and the results are not worthy of the praise I've been hearing about. You are better off using a flat sponge, shiseido foundation brush or your fingers. This silly cheapo sponge is ridiculous. It is worth $2 at most. It's funny how all the people who gave BB 5 lippies describe their method of application in such a way that it sounds exhausting as well as inconvenient. C'mon. People are trying too hard to make this silly thing work. The company is really having a good laugh.

on 1/27/2015 9:25:00 AM

The best thing to ever happen to me. I have dry/sensitive skin with dry flaky patches. Every single foundation brush I used just irritated my skin, make the flakes even worse, and it ends up being patchy and cakey. I like sheer/glowy/natural finish and this does the job perfectly.

I have tried other dupes but they do not even come close to this. It's expensive for a sponge but its well worth it for me.

My only con is it leaks a lot of pink dye. I don't really want that near my skin and after a few washes the sponge also looks quite old/beat up.

on 8/15/2014 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm sorry, but this is FIRST time a MUA top pick disappointed me! I can't believe I paid top $$ for this sponge. I've used stipplied it slightly damp as described by many of the reviewers here, on powder foundation, liquid foundation and liquid concealer. There's so much product wastage, and the resulting coverage was so poor! Only concealer seems to apply OK (and not fantastic). I will NOT re-buy.

Returning to my Sigma F82 brush for foundation application..

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I personally love this beauty sponge and work very well with HD camera. No streaks and even application. I use it all the time on all my makeup tutorials.

Check beauty tutorials (All under 4 minutes)

on 5/20/2014 4:55:00 PM

Ladies, meet the holy grail of makeup sponges. I kept hearing about how great this product is and it wasn't until I tried it out myself, I realized all the buzz is well worth it. I use the beauty blender to apply my Laura Mercier foundation. It helps cover up my acne 10 times more when I apply my foundation with the beauty blender and it doesn't look caked on. I always get compliments on how great my skin looks. The price is definitely a little steep, but if you care after it (wash it daily and keep it in a little baggy) it should last you a few months.

on 3/8/2014 10:09:00 PM

Hg status. I bought this last year after hearing all the hype on YouTube. I can't believe I used those little white makeup sponges!!! I have 2 beauty blenders, one for a backup. The one I use daily has developed little tears and I'm not sure if it's from getting wet and expanding so much, or if that is normal for this product. I use loreal true match foundation and nyx hd photogenic concealer both of which are flawless in a flash. I clean mine once a week with olive oil and dish soap. I just don't like buying "specifically made for this" kind of cleaners when I can use things around my home! I think some people are unsure of how to use this correctly and I have seen people use it dry. To get maximum power from this, USE IT DAMP!! I will buy forever and ever and will be very sad if I have to go back to not beauty blender sponges :)

on 11/20/2013 8:49:00 AM

This is the best makeup applicator ever invented. I use this for applying my foundation, concealer and even setting powder. It makes my skin look flawless and airbrushed, truely amazing. I have tried dupes but they are more stiff and so hard to wash comparing to this. I would repurchase and always in a 2 pack!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

ATTENTION people who consider to buy BeautyBlender. Actually this works. It gives me a beautiful luminous and blended evenly on my face BUT this is NOT for the full coverage application. Currently you're using a heavy foundation such as ER double wear or Revlon colorstay and you've liked its nice coverage, please avoid this item. This is rather for luminous and light coverage make up and it exactly does the same job as just wearing any kind of luminous foundations. I just prefer to use these for natural make up instead of beauty blender - make it wet, squeeze it, then blend it all over my face! such a annoying steps.
People who need full coverage make up please avoid this item and don't waste your money. If you look for natural and glow skin make up, just try another foundation - Makeup Forever Face&Body foundation, George Armani Luminous Silk foundation, BB cream, and etc..they also gives beautiful luminous on your skin without this expensive sponge.

Pros: It helps to blend foundation evenly, it gives me a nice luminous look but it's exactly the same as wearing a BB cream

Con: No coverage at all.

Hope this review helps you:)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I buy this sponge over and over again.. it is well worth the $20.00.. I have bought knockoffs of the Beauty Blender, even the sephora version and it just doesn't compare. This is great for patting, blending, esp. around crease areas and evening out makeup/concealer/foundation. If you are on the fence.. buy it! One of my favorite tools!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think how much you like this might depend on the products you are using with the BB. This works very well with my L'oreal True Match foundation. True Match is a thin formula, and doesn't work very well with a brush. The tapping and rolling actions used with the BB and the True Match created a beautiful finish.
When it comes to using my MUFE HD, I prefer using a brush. I found the HD difficult to blend when out when using the BB. It looked a bit cakey.
edit: do yourself a favor and watch a few youtube videos on application. I watched a few tutorials and realized I wasn't reallly using this correctly. When I did use it the right way, I really liked it and the finish it gave me. I'm upping this to 4 lippies.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools