beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 7/11/2017 3:38:00 PM

Flat sponges are better and cheaper. The beauty blender absorbs too much product and the results are not worthy of the praise I've been hearing about. You are better off using a flat sponge, shiseido foundation brush or your fingers. This silly cheapo sponge is ridiculous. It is worth $2 at most. It's funny how all the people who gave BB 5 lippies describe their method of application in such a way that it sounds exhausting as well as inconvenient. C'mon. People are trying too hard to make this silly thing work. The company is really having a good laugh.

on 2/10/2017 10:08:00 AM

The hype of this product is what made me drawn to buy the beauty blender. Personally, I don't like it, it is just meh... Normally I use my fingers or a foundation brush to apply my face makeup. I feel that works better for me than a beauty blender. I also have a few friends who have tried the beauty blender, they all thought it was just okay too. Not worth the $30 for a sponge in my opinion. At $30, I was hoping the results would be better.

on 1/1/2017 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My gawd. This is THEE foundation, concealer and loose powder whisperer. I swear I have never experienced a more beautiful coverage than I do when I use this. I have the pink and the black and once dampened they are so soft! I have used this with $5 foundation and $62 foundation. And all price points in between. It applies foundation like a dream and I also bake my whole face with setting powder using the damp sponge and it makes me appear poreless. I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an amazing sponge which blends everything so flawlessly, especially foundation and concealer! I love how it can be used with any cream products. Even though it Is quite expensive, I think it justifies the price!

on 11/14/2016 12:43:00 AM

So absolutely amazing. I had my doubts and had used knock off sponges before but this is completely different. It doesn't sheer it out my foundation too much and it just blends makeup like a dream.

I finally caved in and decided to try it for myself. Ladies, the hype is real! This will make your average, cheapo, or even the so-so foundations look really good! I've used this with both high-end & inexpensive products and they both looked topnotch. The technique is to let the sponge absorb as much water as possible and then gently squeeze the excess before using it. Bouncing and stippling motion are preferred. Don't swipe unless you want to use it to correct makeup snafus. The accompanying solid cleanser is good and gets all the stains out in a jiffy. Don't panic if you see some of the pink dye getting washed off. Make sure to dry the sponge in a well-ventilated area to prevent mold. This is expensive initially, but with proper care, it will last a long time and this works for a variety of products too, so this is a worthy investment.

on 8/12/2016 9:17:00 AM

I like this sponge. My gf got it for me as a present and I must say I like it. I apply liquid foundation with it and it does make your foundation go on nicely, well buffed and we'll blended.

As much as I love this sponge, at the end of the day I am prefer my $2 ebay kabuki brush to blend my foundation and concealer out.

I find the beauty blender has only 2 cons. 1. Cleaning it until it is pink again involves soaking it overnight with soap, but you're are guaranteed a pink sponge after. 2. Because it is a sponge it soaks up more product so you have to use more product.

I still think this is a great tool, but I think people are either sponge or brush people. I definitely prefer my brush more.

on 5/14/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I finally decided to give in to the hype and buy the Beauty Blender, out of sheer boredom more than anything. I've never had problems applying my foundation with brushes, but I wondered if this would be somehow better. It wasn't. After dampening the BB, I set about to using my normal foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear...and found that the sponge made it drop from full coverage to medium coverage. Now I understand that some people want a more natural look...but if that's the case, you should invest in a lighter coverage foundation! I was pissed off after using this on half my face--I wear EL because I WANT full coverage. So I ended up washing my face and redoing it with my regular Real Techniques brush. All in all, this product was not for me. Also, application took a lot longer with this than it did with a regular brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had the pink one which I loved and I washed it after every use and put it on the canister that it came in like they recommend on the little leaflet that comes with it, only to find that the round bottom part of the sponge became mouldy with little black dots - so not the best way to dry the sponge like they recommended! Instead, it's best to lay it sideways on the canister so that there is airflow throughout the whole sponge to prevent mould.

So I went and got myself a new one and saw that the nude one had come out so bought it to compare how it differs to the pink one. The nude one seems to be made of a different material, is SUPER soft and a dream to use! However, after 2 washes, it ripped!!! That is so disappointing considering the sponge costs AU$30!!!

I will purchase again, however I will stick to the pink sponge as it is more durable.

I don't think the sponge is worth the hefty price, but it does blend out foundation like a dream and becomes addictive to use. There's nothing like it.

Perfectly applies my liquid foundation. The end.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools