beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 6/1/2006 5:59:00 PM

Beautyblender sponge - an AMAZING makeup sponge!! I picked it up at the pharmacy while I was browsing through gifts for my mother. It is a odd tear-shaped hot pink sponge. This afternoon I tried using this with Bare Escentuals mineral makeup, applying Well-Rested under my eyes and around my nose with the pointed end and the feel is AMAZING. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face. After I apply the tinted mineral veil, I "brush" with it lightly to "blend" and I look flawless.
One thing I love the most about this Beautyblender is that you can "recycle" the worn-out sponge by sending it back to the company and you will get a new one in return.
You can check it out at www.beautyblender.net.
It comes in a very, very cute little pouch. I love it!!

on 3/24/2007 2:13:00 PM

This little beauty tool should be in everyone's makeup box! This is not like a flocked sponge or any other makeup sponge I've ever owned. For the record, I don't like makeup sponges, flocked, non-latex or otherwise. I usually much prefer a taklon foundation brush. However, the beauty blender truly applies cream and liquid foundations beautifully and flawlessly, and dare I say, much better than a foundation brush! I bought two for around $25 at Dermadoctor so price-wise it wasn't too bad. It did come all smushed in the package but I washed it and it was restored to it's perfect round shape. I bounced it around my face to stipple on my cream or liquid foundation. If you use twisting type motions, you can feather out the foundation. It gives you great control! Get one, you'll love it! Definitely will repurchase!

on 5/1/2007 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, I must confess that I bought the beautyblender on the advice of another makeup website which shall remain nameless. I had been previously using my MAC 187 which I like for coverage but not how it evenly distributes foundation on my eyebrows and in my hairline! The idea of stippling the sponge on my skin reminded me of the 187 so I had an idea it would be great. Great..... it is amazing. I've used it now for about 2 months with all different types of foundation - heavy (EL DW), light (Stila ITM) and medium, (La Mer fluid). They all look so natural and beautiful on with this sponge. In fact, it's using the Beautyblender that has enabled me to wear lighter foundations. Because you can stipple over the area a few times and then dab on with the pointy end on your red spots, coverage with even a TM is flawless. I wash it about every 5 days or so but even letting it go longer, it still works great. Oh and I use it dry for more coverage. I still use my 187 but only for powders!

on 5/6/2007 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This little baby goes to the top of my "Cosmetic Product Every MUAer Worth the Title Should Own". I was kicking myself for allowing myself to lemming this. Now I am so delighted to own it. I use it both dry and dampened, though prefer to use it dampened. I've used it on MMU (dry and dampened), liquid, pressed powder, and creme/gel (EL Re-Nutriv) and it works beautifully on all of them. When used dampened, the foundation goes on sheerly, but is easily layered as you go. A cinch to clean, I just use a bar of generic castile soap I keep in the bathroom, wet the sponge, run it over the bar of soap a couple of times, squish it, and rinse thoroughly.

on 9/5/2007 10:01:00 AM

If you hate applying foundation with a sponge, as I did, and gave up on using foundation brushes, as I did, wait til you get your hands on the beautyblender! I realize that sounds crazy, but it is true! I was able to obtain one of these little pink egg-shaped sponges from a generous MUAer in a swap. At first, I was skeptical. I have never been successful at applying foundation with a sponge, no matter what shape they were, and I've tried all the shapes I could find out there. And the smell of latex sponges makes me sick, so that made the selection of sponges to try even more limited. I read the instructions my swapper included, and then I tried the sponge with my LaMer foundation. It was nothing short of amazing to see how fast and evenly I was able to get a perfect application! I pumped out a little onto the back of my hand, then dabbed the rounded end of the sponge into the foundation and used the stippling technique, just dotting the sponge onto my face. It took less than a minute and I was finished! I tried the sponge with a heavier foundation next, that is the Dior Forever. Again I was amazed. Out in broad daylight with a magnifying mirror, I could find no flaws in the way this sponge applied the foundation. No skipped areas, no open pores, no accumulation in lines and wrinkles. Maybe it could be the foundations themselves, but IMO this is the most effective and fool-proof way of applying a liquid foundation. I did not even dampen the sponge. I've wasted lots of money on foundation brushes that streak and skip and are messy to deal with and result in ugly, visible, uneven application. I will never use a brush again. I'll buy and re-buy and stockpile and hoard and stash these little beautyblenders!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sponges have never been able to give me the coverage or the texture I desire. This little pink egg is a gem. After I apply primer I mist my face with aloe vera juice or Skindinaviaís makeup saving moisture spray. Then I dampen the blender with Aloe vera juice (available at your health food store) and dip in my foundation. Next, I use the stippling action to apply my foundation. The round part of the blender is great for your cheeks and jaw, while the pointy part is great for around eyes and nose. I get a really nice application by doing this, but I find I still like to use my fingers on my nose. Itís very easy to build up extra coverage in areas while still keeping a natural look. Also, itís great for blending the line between your jaw and neck without an obvious foundation

on 10/7/2007 3:45:00 PM

I absolutely love love love this makeup sponge. I resisted buying it for so long and am kicking myself that I didn't pick it up when it first piqued my interest. Using this sponge and the "bounce" technique I am able to get a perfect foundation application that is quick and easy. I use it to apply liquid or cream foundation and can bounce my way to sheer, medium or full coverage. Incredible tool that spreads and blends my foundation effortlessly. I have also bounced it over Tarte cheekstains and have gotten the perfect flush of blush using this great tool! I could not be happier and my foundation brush is just collecting dust in my brush jar.

on 11/16/2007 11:10:00 PM

WOW! This is a tool that is in my HG Hall of Fame. I use Laura Mercier oil-free foundation, which is very pigmented and concentrated, texture-wise. I was using LM's sponge and/or my MAC 187 to apply it, with satisfactory results. Then I got this sponge and haven't gone back since. It applies foundation in an even, smooth, non-gunky finish; the product just disappears into my skin while leaving a perfect finish. The larger end works for my forehead and cheeks, the narrower end for my nose and chin. I just love this product. I paid about $20 on beauty.com which may seem expensive but I use less product than with other tools and I think the sponge will last a good long time. I highly recommend this and will certainly repurchase.

on 11/18/2007 12:12:00 AM

I love this little sponge! It is a great makeup applicator and/or blender.

I use this sponge mainly for foundations. I have done a half and half test of my foundations (a liquid and a cream) compared to my usual application methods with brush or flat sponge. In all instances, the beautyblender gave a more even, more natural looking finish. It really reduced the "overdone" or fake skin look you can get if you use too much foundation.

It also allows better precision control over areas that need special coverage such as under eyes, corners of the nose, blemishes, etc. With this my concealer is needed less and what i do use, looks better.

It is quite easy to use, and feels good in the hand. It is also easy to clean, i just use regular shampoo.

I think it is cute and leave it out on my bathroom counter for all my friends too marvel at. My boyfriend is particularly intrigued and perplexed by the necessity of a pink egg sponge. I loved the look on his face when he first saw it.

on 12/7/2007 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

HG!!! I have finally found the right tool to apply my foundation so it looks natural and flawless!!! I never would have thought that this little hot pink egg would be so different from a regular latex sponge, but it is. Latex wedges just seemed to streak my foundation around unevenly and made my pores really noticeable. Brushes had the exact same effect, while also making my wallet considerably lighter. The Beautyblender applies foundation like it's airbrushing it on. No pores, no streaks, no line of demarcation on my jawline. MUA is always opening me up to new products that I never would've known about on my own, and making me wish I had been using these products FOREVER! Seriously, I have been through foundation brushes by BE, MAC, Laura Mercier, Sephora, and NARS- and every single one of them pales in comparison to the Beautyblender. It's also really easy to use- just wet the sponge well under running water, squeeze it out, and roll it in a towel a bit to make sure it's damp, not wet. Then dip the pointy side into your foundation (a dot the size of a dime did half of my face), and kind of bounce it on your face, blending as you go. You can run the larger, rounded side of the sponge over your face (especially the jawline) when you're done, just to be sure it's all blended. It's really easy and fast (it took me less than 2 minutes to do my foundation this morning). The first time I used this little guy, I knew I was in love! I wish they were less expensive, but what can you do? It's totally worth the $$!!!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools