beautyblender the sponge

4.3

on 11/18/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I resisted buying this for years because I just couldn't justify paying $20 for a beauty sponge...and then I bought one with a gift card and I was hooked. I had used a drugstore brand before (the orange one) and I like it well enough but they broke really easily. It is worth the hype. It is soft yet solid and so bouncy. My makeup applies flawlessly with my Beauty Blender. I will never go back.

on 11/18/2018 2:37:00 AM

I was skeptical but I’m so glad I got it. It makes putting my makeup on so much quicker.

I've been using the beauty blender for some time now and I thought that it might be a good idea of sharing my opinion about the sponge and sharing some tips and tricks on how you can make this work. - It's in the video on your right or above this paragraph.

I love this sponge so much and you can use it for so many steps in your makeup routine, it's not only for foundation! Using the beauty blender for any liquid or cream makeup products will work out! But most important, don't forget to clean the sponge every time after use because this is how you can keep the beauty blender clean and it's easier to wash.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

last year, i bought a knock off version of the beautyblender at H&M; it was ok, but I didn't get what all of the fuss was about. sometimes I'd use it, sometimes I'd forget, meh- whatever. eventually, as blenders do, it shat the bed. dampened, squeezed and it stayed a squeezed little mush ball. so I thought "well, maybe now I'll break down and buy the real one, see if it's really all that different", all the while thinking "it's a SPONGE, how different could it be?" with that thought in mind, I picked up another knock off (can't recall the brand - it was black and oddly shaped, kind of like a snowman). yeah, that one was GARBAGE. it smeared my foundation all over my face, not blending but COATING. now, having seen how much worse this blender was, I truly wondered if the real beautyblender was that much better. yesterday I was at Sephora, and there they were -a whole area of multi colored tiny little egg sponges! I couldn't resist - after several moments contemplation (was I a 'nude'? a 'pro'?) I decided on the original. I had plans for the evening, and I didn't leave myself enough time to take off and rebuild my face, so the blender would have to wait- until today. about 10 minutes ago. HOLY WOW. I totally get it now!! If you want to try a blender, but you're thinking $20 seems too pricey and how different could they REALLY be, the answer is "INCREDIBLY, NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENT!!" I used two tiny splorts of foundation, as this blender actually pressed it into my skin instead of just smearing it around. the point on the egg perfectly fit the crevases (sp?) of my face, and my foundation blended down seamlessly and perfectly. seriously - spend the extra few dollars. its SO worth it! my foundation looks perfect, and I can see it lasting far longer now, as I'm using so much less! just spend the money on the real thing - I'll never go without it again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use the pro (black) version of the beautyblender, and while I really like it I’m not using it often.
It blends a concealer like a dream by eating it up. So basically to make the end result looks like I like I must go heavy handed at the beginning and spend some quality time pressing and blending it to my skin if I use the normal amount of the product I will end up with a very sheer coverage. I don't have dark circles and I almost never use a concealer, like 10 times a year...
I don't like wearing liquid foundation, and it's definitely not the best tool to work with powders. It works quite well with cream products that need to look like a part of the skin, for example, color correctors, I prefer to use those to using concealers.
It also takes some time and significant efforts to wash it properly, and if you pick the white or cream sponge they will always stay stained. I just can't stand stained beauty tools, they throw me off. I love using white brushes and I have no problems cleaning those.

It is an awesome tool for anyone who loves liquid or cream foundations, wear concealer daily or loves spending time doing their makeup. I'm not one of those people. I prefer quick out of the door solutions and beauty tools that are fast to clean. Cream products do not sink deeply into the Beautyblender and are easy to wash off, so I use it solely with those.

on 7/4/2018 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not impressed at all.

I've been using the drugstore dupes for this, but I finally decided to buy the real deal since I have large pores and a sponge is my go-to for application. Grabbed the Queen edition packaging - pink sponge -- and at the check out, I asked the gal if it was the regular sponge and she said yes, just had special packaging.

Well, got home and took the sponge out-- first thought was 'why is there chunks coming off the bottom of the sponge already?' The bottom had a bit of sponge hanging, so I tugged it off- leaving a little hole in the sponge. Kinda like a loose thread? WTF? Brand new and the sponge is fraying/fuzzy/pulling off?

I decided it wasnt a big deal, applied foundation -- which it applied nicely, but then 2 more things happened: sponge didnt swell up as big as I thought it would, maybe Im used to rt sponges, or maybe ppl's sponges look bigger in videos, but I felt it looked smaller than norm, and #2 (the biggest dealbreaker)--- it would NOT wash clean. No matter how much I used of my DIY sponge cleaner (which has worked on everything else) I could not get my foundation to completely wash out. And I used even oil, thinking it may have been my foundation not breaking down? Nope. After fussing with the sponge and thinking it was just stained, I bobbed the sponge on a towel and NOPE -- still makeup residue coming off the sponge.

So now it sits on my beauty table, used once, stained, still makeup residue (and I use not even full coverage foundation) and looks like I'd had it for 20 years. Waste of money, regret purchase, stick to the $5 RT sponges. So much better, available everywhere, clean so much better (especially if you have acne-prone, sensitive skin like me!) and better bang for your $$$. Unless the bb sponges in the limited edition Queen packaging are defective, this is a piece of crap! So disappointed. Ugh.

on 4/14/2018 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I resisted and resisted this stupid - looking "fad". After all, I had in the past (before cruelty was a concept) had cruel Chanel brushes. Boy were they good.

Older, weird hormones, super-oily, now some cheek flakes: yuk. Oh, I tried a super-awful knock-off. And more facial hair. I walked into an Ulta by my house and my friend-to-be who had just the right amount of pushiness to shut me up

because whatever I knew did not matter - I had a problem and I was not solving it.Leslie, my new friend got the IT! CC Cream (But it's not Chanel!) and an ORIGINAL BEAUTY BLENDER that she wet.

Like magic we were (SHE WAS) able to spring and bounce and toss that magical stupid pink thing so as to minimally or not at all disrupt or accentuate the weird flakiness and hairiness on my cheeks! The IT! Looked better than anything at the time, the water was more moisture - I got them both!

I would NOT trade that stupid pink beauty - blender for anything in this world (a different beauty tool). If you came back at me with amnesia and the cruelty Chanel foundation brush I would not even consider it.

THAT BEAUTY BLENDER IS A GENIUS TOOL. WHETHER BARBIE DEVELOPED IT OR A PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEER - I DO NOT CARE.

I have 2 now. I just ordered sale baby ones to use for undereye and eyelid application.

And I came up with the "Cadillac of all Foundations" on another review. I somehow eventually came to mix Koh-Gen-Do Maifashani Moisture Foundation (must be in the tube - no silicates. the aqua foundations - chock full of silicates") So I mix that with the IT CC! and a drop of Argan Oil* by Josie Maran, and the Beauty Blender. And I have never looked back.

Thank you. Soon I must start reviewing all the products I hate too. That is a civic responsibility as well and I sure appreciate it when others do it. I know it leads to lots of "thumbs down". That is not a deterrent. BTW for those thumb down people: If it is a worthless review SINK IT! I will add that I also see reviews (not so much here) that people sink merely because they are building a high in order to purchase a product and when that high gets pierced and they are let down I have seen at times a well defended bad review get sunk on that premise. If you find yourself there, don't do it. The truth is 100% the way to go ALL THE TIME. Again, attention-seeking pretend-critiques: blast-em. You should be able to discern between authentic and inauthentic.
*The drop or two of oil strategy is straight from Beauty-Brainiac Wayne Goss.

on 4/14/2018 7:28:00 AM

Loved the quality of the sponge and how it blended liquid foundations and concealers however I wouldn’t buy again just because it’s expensive £16-£20 for a sponge!! I’d rather buy the Real Techniques ones which work the same for a cheaper price

on 3/30/2018 11:25:00 PM

I am a professional makeup artist and there is no other sponge like the beauty blender. Real techniques is the closet thing to it. I don't see how any one can dislike this sponge if used correctly its perfect. Run it under water and squeeze it out and it blends all foundation smoothly and concealer giving you an air brush finish.

on 2/27/2018 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you love the flawless finish a sponge gives, yes this is a good one. I am giving it 2 lippies because the price is ridiculous and they are hit or miss, some hold up better than others, even though I wash them all the same way. Also because there are others that are much cheaper that work just as well if not better.
I use a sponge about 95% of the time. I don't need super heavy coverage and I like the natural look I get with the sponges. Others that I use that I like just as well that are comparable are Real Techniques Miracle Sponge, Flower Beauty 3 in 1, & L'Oreal Infallible Blend Artist. I also love the PUR sponges but they aren't as soft as Beauty Blender and the other 3, but I like the finish they give my foundations and they clean really easy.

I don't find they soak up a lot of foundation unless you don't dry them out enough. I dampen then squeeze with a towel.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools