beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

I waited almost two years before buying this product. I'd heard all the raves here, but couldn't quite bring myself to spend $20 on a sponge. Well, I finally gave in about a month ago, and I wish I'd gotten it sooner! I use it with both tinted moisturizer and foundation, and it really does give a more flawless look than I'd achieved with drugstore sponges, the Laura Mercier sponges, or a foundation brush. I even use with cream blushes (just swirling the bottom of the sponge into the blush and then stippling on) and it's a beautiful effect. I haven't even reached for my cream blush brush since I got the beautyblender. I bought the $39.95 set of two sponges and a bottle of the cleanser. I don't know about the cleanser, but I'd definitely repurchase the sponges!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Well I've used this magical sponge for a week and I'm sold. They feel great in my hand(very testicular IYKWIM) and smoothes my foundation like No Other sponge or applicator I've ever tried. I am taking off a lipstick because they are ungodly expensive, hard to find and left some pink debris on my face a couple of times. But they clean up great, are wonderful dry or wet, and the shape cannot be beat for hard to reach areas. I found mine on drugstore.com after driving all over EBFE so if you live in a "small" big city like me, save yourself the hassle and just order from there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this sponge - it helps my liquid foundation blend seamslessly into my skin. (Skin background: I'm in my late 20's - no wrinkles yet. A few large pores, some dry patches.) I've tried lots of other sponges/brushes, and this is seriously the best tool for applying foundation if you love a natural look. I dampen the sponge a bit, and it works better for me that way. I had an SA tell me once that you should never dampen a sponge b/c it will dry the foundation out on your skin - but it seems to work really well for me!

on 7/8/2009 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love my Beautyblender! I always used ordinary makeup sponges to apply my foundation but the Beautyblender makes applying easy, streak-free and creates a beautiful natural finish. I dampen my BB with some LRP Thermal Water and tap and blend. I also use it to apply cream blushes; previously I hated cream blushes because I never could make them look natural but this little pink eggie does the job very well!
To clean I use the BB Cleanser which is the best cleanser for sponges IMO; it removes any stains quickly and thoroughly.
I bought the kit with two sponges and the cleanser for 35 Euro. Quite expensive but worth it! Highly recommended! Update: while I still think this is a great sponge I found my regular makeup sponges to do the job as well and they're much cheaper. So I won't repurchase but it's still worth trying!

on 10/27/2009 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bid farewell to my MAC foundation brushes over a year ago....okay I still have them and use them for other functions...but I will never use them for foundation again!!! My beautyblender is my most prized make up tool and I will never be without....

It is pricey, but it will last forever as long as you take care of it. Which means you must wash it often, but you probably didn't need me to tell you that. All make up tools must be washed in order to maintain cleanliness.

Definitely this girl's best friend!

on 12/10/2010 6:58:00 PM

I love love LOVE the Beautyblender! I have many at home and I must say that this basically eliminated the use of my array of makeup brushes. This works great for any type of foundation as well as powder and cream blushes!
Just dampen the BB with a bit of water and blot out the excess, then stiple your foundation on! Leaves you looking so natural and fresh!
Clean up is a breeze as well! I bought the BlenderCleanser, however, I have found that antibacterial soap works just as great, if not better!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Where has this been all my life?! I've always had a lot of problems applying foundation, no matter what I used, whether it was a regular makeup sponge, a foundation brush, or my fingers. The only tool I hadn't tried yet was a stippling brush. The Beautyblender blows everything I've tried out of the park, and then some. There isn't much I can say about it that hasn't already been said - this magenta sponge is AMAZING.

I've amassed what seems like enough foundation samples to cover the whole United States military, and I tried the Beautyblender with a few of them. Without the Beautyblender, no matter WHAT I did, foundation just looks cakey and very obvious on my skin. With the Beautyblender, foundations I never would have dreamed of wearing out of the house apply perfectly. I wouldn't say that this makes crappy foundations good - some are just poor quality. But it certainly makes good ones better. Run it under warm water until it inflates, squeeze the water out, dot foundation all over your face and bounce the Beautyblender until everything is buffed in. It could hardly be any easier. The reason why it works so well is that the bouncing deposits pigment evenly across your face without exfoliating your flakes up to the surface the way rubbing with fingers, regular sponges, or brushes would. I'll never go back to any other application method again.

I was skeptical about paying so much for a sponge, but it's well worth it.

on 11/12/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I came across this sponge here on makeupalley and found one on Ebay. Am I glad that I purchased this little gem! Like other reviewers, I was initially skeptical about an egg shaped sponge. I watched the video on proper use on the beautyblender website (www.beautyblender.net). But, after my first use, I was sold. I used a cream foundation to try this out (a very tricky to apply Siganture Club A 8 Butters Creamery Foundation and Concealer) and the application was flawless, seamless and best of all, quick. I found that I was able to quickly stipple both the concealer and the foundation. I even used the sponge to stipple on the Signature Club A Jet Tech Aloe Puffed Powder (a pressed powder) to set it all. The results were simply beautiful. I had not been able to successfully use this foundation to my liking (even though a stippling brush produced acceptable results - it took too long to apply evenly) and every other sponge that I tried was very difficult to maneuver, even using the sponges damp. But, with the beautyblender, the application was so much easier and my foundation did not looked caked on, dry or cracked. My pores disappeared, the look was clean, flawless yet polished. An airbrushed finish by the time I was done. I quickly tried this beautyblender sponge with other liquid foundations that I had lying around such as Ready To Wear Liquid Lift and another Ready to Wear cream foundation and the results were the same. Flawless, airbrushed, clean yet polished. If you're looking for a better foundation application, definitely give this sponge a look. If you've got foundations lying around that you don't use, resurrect them and try them with this sponge. You may just fall in love with those foundations again. Definitely will continue to use and repurchase if sponge wears out eventually.

on 1/8/2012 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, I was very excited to try this out. I wanted it for so long because i love wedges to apply makeup but I hate the fact that they have edges. So, I bought 2 of these. When I applied my makeup, it was fast and the wetness made my face look glowly. Awesome. However, I found that by the end of the day my skin looks worse then it did that morning, like irritated red spots. And I hadn't changed anything in my routine, except for adding this sponge. I noticed this happen on the days I used this. I believe the culprit lies on the pink dye on the BB. Everytime I wet it, the water runs pink. I really don't like the fact that pink stuff is getting on my face, and as a person with sensitive skin it obviously is becoming a problem. Loved the application but will not buy again. Back to cosmetic wedges.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love this. I've tried every other method of application and on me, the beautyblender works best for a flawless, airbrushed effect. Believe the hype! It does need to be washed with the special soap once a week, or you could probably just use a gentle shampoo.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools