beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Love my beauty blender! I have tried knock off brands that do work but not as well. It is very soft and gets into every corner of my face. Leaves my skin poreless. I knocked off one Lip due to the price and that I find it harder to clean than other off brand Beaty blenders I have used.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Fabulous!! Makeup looks brilliant :)

on 8/26/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard so many people talking about the beautyblender sponges and how much they love them so I wanted to make sure I tried one to see if I liked it better than my egg shaped Laura Mercier foundation sponges that I love so much.
Well, I got myself one and have given it many tries, and I don't feel like the application is as smooth as I wanted it to be, and I notice that it absorbs way more product than my other sponges. However, the friends and other people I have heard saying they love the beautyblender have much better skin than I do. They don't have oily skin and don't have any blemishes or spots they want to cover up. I purchase a buildable med/full coverage foundation and I usually want full, smooth coverage. So maybe this style of sponge is just better for people who are going for a lighter application of their foundation. I wouldn't repurchase, I will stick with my egg shaped flat LM sponges!

on 3/8/2008 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely a good investment for those who prefer to use sponges over brushes. The material it's made out of is very different from regular disposable sponges--- it has a velvety feel that reminds me a little bit of memory foam. It fits nicely in my hand and when wet, it feels very light. It leaves me with a nice finished look, almost airbrushed.

How I use it - I wet the sponge and squeeze it til it's damp, then I give it a few sprays of MAC fix+. I put foundation on the back of my hand, dip my beauty blender into the foundation and use the stippling "bouncing" method against my skin. I set it with loose powder. Sometimes I apply my foundation with my MAC 190 first, then finish by buffing my damp, Fix+ sprayed beautyblender afterwards. Either way, I love the way I look afterwards.

I have yet to try it dry.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools