beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Love my beauty blender! I have tried knock off brands that do work but not as well. It is very soft and gets into every corner of my face. Leaves my skin poreless. I knocked off one Lip due to the price and that I find it harder to clean than other off brand Beaty blenders I have used.

on 1/15/2017 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've tried the pro version of the beauty blender as well but the original doesn't seem as durable as the pro version. Still great though.

on 1/1/2017 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My gawd. This is THEE foundation, concealer and loose powder whisperer. I swear I have never experienced a more beautiful coverage than I do when I use this. I have the pink and the black and once dampened they are so soft! I have used this with $5 foundation and $62 foundation. And all price points in between. It applies foundation like a dream and I also bake my whole face with setting powder using the damp sponge and it makes me appear poreless. I will continue to repurchase.

on 11/27/2016 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The beautyblender is the most surprising and impressive beauty purchase I have ever made. It's about $34 here in NZ, so at first I couldn't justify paying so much for a sponge and eyed the Real Techniques sponge. I'm glad I didn't get the RT sponge; the beautyblender has changed the way I wear my foundation. I much prefer it, and since using it I dislike how my foundation/concealer looks after using my old stippling brush. I don't mind cleaning it at all either (bonus points if you use your favourite shampoo to make it smell nice--perfect for next use lol). I'd definitely repurchase.

on 8/8/2016 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

this is a holy grail product

on 1/25/2016 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I used different sponges for makeup application. Finally I decided to buy a beauty blender at the fall Sephora 20% off event. Just forget the other sponges, this one outperforms them. It gives you such an even application of makeup. There are no streak, just your airbrushed skin. I know some people comment that they use more product. I am not sure why. I first apply foundation with my fingers, don't worry about making it even at this point. Then I take a damp beauty blender and go over it. Then I take some setting powder and go over again. My face is done perfectly. I wash my bb right away using mild soap that I use to wash my hands with. No need to rub, just apply soap and don't dig into it. If stains bother you, take some oil and apply, then use the same soap. It comes very clean. It is a pricey item but it is very worth it if you want perfect makeup application. I cannot go back to do my foundation with a brush.

on 10/18/2015 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've owned BBs for over the past five years and I don't know what it is that truly makes this tool amazing, but it is just that. I clean mine before every use (would probably clean better if I did so AFTER each use), squeeze it into a towel to remove the bulk of the moisture, however, leaving it still damp. This is the best way this works for me. I use it with mineral makeup (powdered version), CC creams, and tinted moisturizers, setting/finishing powder, eye makeup to include powdered shadows, and even brow powder. The technique I use is bouncing without really lifting the BB off of the face, just a low bouncing. I never rub the BB. It appears to make my makeup melt with the skin, removes lines of demarcation both with my foundations and even eye makeup. Removes the 'powdered' appearance on my skin, too. To compare, I went back and used the standard triangle squares sponges, but there just is no comparison. I was a huge skeptic, but I fell in love at first bounce! I use the pointed end to better blend my under eye concealer with my powdered Laura Mercier Brightening Powder, still using the same bouncing technique. These really last when taken care of. I've never had any issues with mine having odors, or breaking down, or bugs making a nest (saw an article about this). I clean mine with either a gel facial cleanser or baby shampoo. If you're on the fence I strongly suggest trying one out. Save your receipt and return it if you aren't happy...but I bet you'll be very happy!

on 7/13/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I saw some negative reviews and I feel like I should offer some pointers.

I bought two black beautyblenders at The Makeup Show for 14.50 each and decided I would give them a go after my first experience with the pink sponge didn't deliver the results I wanted.

The thing is, pros DO use these sponges. I took a class with David Hernandez (pro MUA) who uses the black sponges, not the pinks, and I also saw Matthew van Leeuwen (from Monika Blunder's channel) demonstrate the use of these with MUFE cream blushes with the beautyblenders as well with pretty fabulous results.

What I do is to spray the sponge with Cinema Secret's Moisture Spray on the bottom flat part of the sponge, dab it with the foundation of choice, and stipple/bounce the base product on my face. Previously when I would hold the sponge under the faucet and squeeze the water out it would still be too wet for proper usage. Spraying glycerine/water with a bottle gives you more control towards the level of dampness that is appropriate for the beautyblender. I think MAC Fix + is a good product to use for this.

After using this method I have found no other application to have a more seamless and beautiful effect on the skin.

Do I still use brushes? Absolutely. I wouldn't use a thin formula of foundation such as MUFE Face & Body with the sponge because it would simply just absorb and render it more work than necessary (Fingers or paddle brushes are much more effective in those cases). But I certainly do recommend the sponge with heavier coverage products such as cream foundations. The specialty of a sponge is sheering out a product and should be treated as such.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Finally bought one and am not blown away.
It is ok but not amazing.
I have tried it with at least 5 foundations to see how well this really works and to me, it was just eh, whatever.
I really wish I had not spent my money on this because now that I am done trying it out I NEVER use it. I prefer my flat top brush or fingers over this.
I also did not notice that I used any less foundation than normal.
Actually, to me, I felt like I used slightly more.
The only thing I liked was the slightly cooling of the beauty blender due to the fact that it was wet. Other than that I do not care for this at all.
I did give this to my sister and she loved it!

on 3/17/2015 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS SOOO MUCH!! I wish i purchase this waaay sooner. I used to think this was really overpriced and I don't need special sponge to apply my makeup anyway, until i bit the bullet and bought this. I used cheapo blending sponge before, i find myself dislike using sponge because of its finish and application, i prefer using brush.. So I was afraid i would hate myself for splurging $20 for a sponge i probably didn't like.
But nah, i'm in love. So freaking soft, cheap blending sponge can't compare. What i love the most is it makes my foundation / bb cream applied sooo smooth, flawless.. It takes away the cakey-ness and streaky-ness and powdery feeling like when i use brush or finger. I've been longing this finish for ever, it just feels like my skin!! I love makeup, but I hate the powdery feeling, the 'you-are-obviously-wearing-makeup!!!' looks because i'm into natural makeup.
Compared to the cheapo one, cheapo one leaves sticky feeling and makes the coverage sheerer but still manage to crack my foundation. With beauty blender i still can build the coverage without make it cakey. I was scared it will absorb a lot of foundation, turns out it absorbs WAY LESS than what i anticipated. I'm scared for nothing LOL. I use same amount of foundation like when i'm using brush.
I'm glad BB works for me. It's worth every penny.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools