beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sponges have never been able to give me the coverage or the texture I desire. This little pink egg is a gem. After I apply primer I mist my face with aloe vera juice or Skindinavia’s makeup saving moisture spray. Then I dampen the blender with Aloe vera juice (available at your health food store) and dip in my foundation. Next, I use the stippling action to apply my foundation. The round part of the blender is great for your cheeks and jaw, while the pointy part is great for around eyes and nose. I get a really nice application by doing this, but I find I still like to use my fingers on my nose. It’s very easy to build up extra coverage in areas while still keeping a natural look. Also, it’s great for blending the line between your jaw and neck without an obvious foundation

on 5/7/2008 11:07:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviewer. I don't quite understand the hype. Using my fingers to blend then buffing or stippling with this sponge was no different than using a flocked drugstore sponge. I tried the method in the tutorial and wet the sponge and applied foundation with the sponge and it didn't look nearly as smooth and even. In fact it seemed to make the foundation and my pores stand out more.

on 5/14/2009 2:36:00 PM

I have two of these because I wash this everyday and takes more than a day for it to completely dry. I have to alternate between the two. I use this when I'm in a hurry if I have some time I use a MAC 187 brush. This works wonders for me which is great as I have paid quite a few bucks for a makeup sponge. This blends my foundation beautifully, settles my concealer, and great for applying cream blushes as well. One sponge will last me about 3 months and then it starts to rip here and there, breaks down and I have to return the old one (the company will recycle as the package states). I see no streaks or spots when I apply my foundation with this sponge. You just have to give it a try and compare it to any old sponges. You will see the difference (a big difference) immediately!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Finally gave in and tried this. Love the pink color, love the texture of the sponge and love the cleanser as well. I only use this for my liquid foundations and concealor since I still like using my brushes for other things. I hate foundation brushes because they streak so I have been using my fingers for the longest time. Although I had to use more foundations with the sponge, the coverage was much better and lasts much longer. I was able to get light and even airbrush coverage in about a minute. The best thing about the sponge is that I can use it wet, which helps my skin a lot since I get dry patches all the time. I will definitely repurchase and recommend to friends.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This sponge is so overrated. I used wedge sponges for a long time, but lately I am using foundation brushes, which I prefer over sponges. The price of this sponge is crazy. Try the Sonia Kashuk for about half the price...the principle is the same. It will be interesting to see if this thing stands the test of time or goes the way of the go-go boot. These sponges will never replace wedges.

on 4/27/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love the beautyblender sponge! This sponge works like wonders! It makes my make up application flawless! Only downfall is that it stains in certain stops easily, it only last a few months, and it's expensive for a sponge! Yes, I will purchase it again, but wish it wasn't soo expensive! I mean $20 for a sponge???

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

The miracle egg! Omg how i love this sponge. This tiny pink egg delivers amazing results with foundation, cream blush, highlighters, u name it. Applys better than any brush ive tryed. Makes foundation look airbrushed, soft and perfect. Cant live without my pink egg! Love it!

on 6/14/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

EDIT: I stopped using BeautyBlender. I started using EL maximum cover foundation and with this, the Beautyblender just does not work! I think the foundation is too thick or the formula is too creamy or something. Rediscovered my hands as a foundation application tool :) I also use water spray (from Avène) to finish and with this water I also get a nice healthy airbrushed look so no need for expensive sponge at the time... I also found that is absorbed too much product... Might restart using it in the future with other foundation!

Oh My God. I was so sceptical (I mean so much money for a sponge?!) but this is really amazing. I look sooo healthy wow when I use this! I use it for foundation, concealer, blush (even powder), bronzer, highlighter and yes, sometimes even eyeshadow. It gives such a great, instantly blended result!!! Best queeze it few times under the tap and it will grow instantly. In the morning I never have the patience for all the make up fuss but this little thing makes aplication so fast and gives such amazing results.
Downside is that indeed, it does not clean very fast and it's a lot of money for a sponge but I will use it as long as it works, and I've heard one sponge can survive almost a year so we'll see.
I never have used another sponge so cannot compare.
I do have the impression it soaks up a lot of product, but I use Revlon so luckily my foundation does not cost too much. I ordered it from www.shimmerskincare.com as you cannot buy it in Belgium and their customer service is SUPER! (free cute gift, 20% off next purchase, great packaging, fast, sweet note)

on 10/4/2010 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this item at IMATS LA 2010 in Pasadena. One vendor was selling them for $10 each. Why I didn't purchase a gazillion of them I'll never know.
I have purchased the SK version at Target at least three times. I was always disappointed with the product. It would begin to break apart after two or three washings and would crumble on my face. The BeautyBlender feels softer and more pliable in my hand. I have vigorously washed this sponge a minimum of 10 times and there is absolutely no crumbling or breaking apart.
I use creme foundation (Cinema Secrets is the foundation of the moment). I use a foundation brush to apply the product to my face, spritz the BeautyBlender with my glycerin and rosewater solution and stipple/blend the creme foundation out. I get such flawless coverage that I have been asked if I airbrush my foundation. It does that well.
You don't have to use so much product to achieve the look you are going for.
I definitely recommend the purchase of the BeautyBlender. When I attend IMATS LA 2011, I will definitely stock up.

on 10/4/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Ugh this is so expensive for a sponge! ...but so worth it. Love the pinkness and the expanding when wet, but seriously hate the price.

Pros: Pink, Gives the most gorgeous, airbrushed yet skin-like finish I've ever seen
Cons: Expensive

I've also tried Sonia Kashuk's and hers is a bit denser, which I like. IDK, I like both and can't choose. But I'll definitely be buying this again....if only for the cute pink eggness of it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools