beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first 'special beauty sponge' and it works nice. Not perfect and kinda inconvenient to use. Also on the pricey side so I'll try a cheaper one next time. I've previously tried those old school sponges and they're also okay. Not a huge difference.

I didn't want to give into the hype with this since I love my MAC 187 for foundation way too much. But once I tried it, I was hooked. I use it wet to apply liquid foundation. It is much easier and smoother and less streaky than using a stippling brush. I wash it in fairy liquid in the microwave for 20 seconds. I find it hard to wash and I never feel like it's really clean, which is why I hate sponges.

Like many, I avoided buying this for a while. I finally caved when I found a bundle deal at The Makeup Show in NYC. I'm in love. Absolutely in love. I use this in combination with a paddle brush to apply my foundation and contour. It is wonderful at giving me as flawless a finish as I can get on my aging, problematic skin. I'd buy this again, but I do wish it were a little less expensive.

on 11/14/2016 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The best invention ever it transformed my preception of flawless foundation

on 11/14/2016 12:43:00 AM

So absolutely amazing. I had my doubts and had used knock off sponges before but this is completely different. It doesn't sheer it out my foundation too much and it just blends makeup like a dream.

on 10/9/2016 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Yas is all I can say

on 10/1/2016 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this about 2 weeks ago, and so far it's been working quite well. It blends in my foundation quite well, without soaking too much of my foundation. However, with cleansing it daily, you must be very careful and use only paper towels. I used a regular towel yesterday to clean it because i was out of paper towels and managed to cause a small amount of flaking on the sponge (not overly so that I'd need a new one, but enough for me to be careful about using that area). Overall, it's a solid product.

on 6/29/2016 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just love beautyblenders... The make up looks more dewy which I love (if you don't - grab some extra powder) and prevents it from looking cakey. It's so universal - concealer, foundation, contouring. I'd recommend it to anyone!
PS. I've tried the red one and that one bled colour which I didn't like so I prefer the pink one.

on 5/14/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I finally decided to give in to the hype and buy the Beauty Blender, out of sheer boredom more than anything. I've never had problems applying my foundation with brushes, but I wondered if this would be somehow better. It wasn't. After dampening the BB, I set about to using my normal foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear...and found that the sponge made it drop from full coverage to medium coverage. Now I understand that some people want a more natural look...but if that's the case, you should invest in a lighter coverage foundation! I was pissed off after using this on half my face--I wear EL because I WANT full coverage. So I ended up washing my face and redoing it with my regular Real Techniques brush. All in all, this product was not for me. Also, application took a lot longer with this than it did with a regular brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has replaced most of my brushes. I really do love it. Flawlessly blends make up. I would highly recommend.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools