beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 9/14/2016 10:13:00 PM

OMG BEAUTY BLENDER WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE

After years of watching YT beauty gurus use their BBs and never really being able to get a hold of one in the UK. I saw one about 3 months in Boots (UK) and I had to have her then and there. It was about £15 and worth every penny.

I thought I was happy with my RT sponge, I wasn't. Beauty Blender has kicked the rt sponge into my work makeup bag.

BB applies even bad foundations well. I clean it about once a week and it still is coming out clean.

HG

For a few years I was fine using my RT sponge, and I liked it, thinking "ain't gonna spend twice as much on a prettier one!". But eventually my curiosity (and love for pink) won. So did the beauty blender when I compared both.
I especially love the shape- the RT one doesn't have that sharp pointed tip that turned out to be a godsend for me! I apply my foundation not holding the tip, but with the side of the sponge. It makes it so easy to reach every part of my face, esp the inner corner of my eyes (I have deep set eyes and RT sponge' tip was not "pointy" enough). I also feel like it soaks up less product.
Obviously ever since I started using makeup sponges I cannot apply foundation with my fingers anymore- the BB gives such a seamless finish its addicting!
I've recommended it to my mom and she prefers it over RT sponge too! Give it a try- I don't think you'll be disappointed!

on 4/18/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just feel like it makes my foundation sit on top of my skin making it look cakey and heavy. Application takes a long time too. Also really not happy with how much it sheers out foundation/concealer...really dont get why people love this so much.

on 3/18/2016 5:25:00 AM

easy to use - gives a nice, natural finish, - it's just plain fun! What I dislike. - very expensive - annoying to clean every time used - absorbing a lot of my foundation..

on 3/4/2016 3:04:00 PM

I was not believing in sponges at all and was forever faithful to foundation application with brush. Until by curiosity I bought BB. It blends my concealer like a dream! And not only concealer, all my complexion looks like a dream come true every day when I blend my makeup with BB! Yes it takes more product if you want to apply the foundation with it, however the trick is to apply the foundation and concealer with brush or fingers and only then using BB to blend everything together. The finish is very natural with any coverage foundation.
A bonus: the wet sponge feels very refreshing, the skin feels awaken and I feel it de-puffing much faster.

on 2/20/2016 7:16:00 PM

I did NOT want to give in to the hype and now I'm giving this a grudging 5/5. A sponge? Why would I want to use a sponge when handmade Japanese brushes exist? Well, I wish I'd found this years ago. This is so gentle and blends my makeup so quickly in the mornings on my sensitive, sometimes flaky skin that I have more time for other luxuries, like curling my eyelashes or grabbing a coffee before work. It makes even thick, high coverage, totally un-natural looking foundations like ELDW Light look like a second skin. Even a 5 year old could blend foundation perfectly with this. Winner.

My HG way to put on foundation and I'll never switch! I've tried many brushes but none make my face look flawless like this does

on 12/10/2015 9:59:00 AM

I bought the beauty blender because of all the fuss and reviews that it is amazing and irreplaceable. It is amazing, but NOT irreplaceable! I first purchased the Miracle sponge by real techniques (about a month and a half ago) and i was my first interraction with makeup sponges. I was amazed from the 1st application, i will never ever use my fingers again!

While searching for youtube videos about how to make the best of this sponge, i got to realize that the beautyblender was so much more expesive! i had no idea and i bought the micracle sponge because that was the most reasonable looking sponge in Boots (they didn't have beautybelnder at all anyway). So now i bought the beautyblender out of curiosity and to understand why most people say that miracle sponge is good, but not as good as the beautyblender.

Not that i have tested both, i can't possible understand why people would pay 3 times more for the beautyblender. Unless you have supervision, there is no difference in the finish between the 2 sponges! They maybe have different composition, but the result is the same!!!! So, the reason i am giving this a 3 is because the price doesn't justify the results when there is a competitor product doing the same, 3 times cheaper.

- there is no difference in "bounceability" between the 2! And if there is, i don't see a difference in the end result!
- BB is NOT softer than the miracle sponge. This was a shock as eveybody says that BB is softer. It's not, on the contrary, once wet, the micracle sponge is slightly softer and less dense than the BB which i like more
- miracle sponge washes better, it's easier to get the foundation off. I washed my BB this morning and it is still stained, probably the composition of the sponge retains product, which i don't like. i feel it's dirty even though i washed it. Also, and this was a big dissapointment, once i washed the BB, when i squeezed it, the water was PINK because of the colorant used. I hope the colorant is natural (is it?), but that was so disappointing!

All in all, BB is a great product, foundation will not look the same with any other product, EXCEPT the miracle sponge which gives the exact same finish.

And, if you're thinking it, i don't mind the £12 i spent on BB, i don't find it that expensive, but if i can get the same result with less money, why not? i am not trying to "shame" BB, but seriously, if you are thinking about buying one buy a miracle sponge first and if you are not happy with it, then buy a BB - but i guarantee you won't see a difference :)

on 10/18/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was hesitant to buy this at first because I don't use sponges and this little thing is expensive! However, I can say that I love my beauty blender. I use it for everything. Foundation, highlight and even setting powder! I have the RT sponge as well, and while I like it as well, I find this one is a bit bouncier and softer which is better for blending.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like taking my makeup off with this sponge. It seems to really scrub everything off.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools