beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 2/7/2018 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used the Beautyblender for a couple of years now. Not long after I purchased it, the tip came off and then since then a few more parts have broken away. I am very careful with things and I am not heavy-handed, so I was quite surprised this happened. I have still been using it as I honestly don't really think it's good enough to warrant re-purchasing a new one. I will happily repurchase expensive items if I think the price is justified and the product makes a difference however I don't really find that the Beautyblender makes much of a difference to how my makeup looks/applies.
I purchased the original pink version and I mainly use it for concealer application. I use it damp (as I'm sure the majority of people do) however, I find that if it is too damp, it makes concealer look very patchy and uneven.
I do wish that I liked this product more and that it made more of a difference to how my makeup looks. It's not a bad item, it's just quite over-hyped in my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using generic beauty blenders for years... I always thought that the original one was too much money for a sponge so never did it cross my mind to try it. One day, my sister gives me hers and says she doesn't use enough make up to own one. Lo and behold, all those things I assumed are all wrong. They are a lot softer than most generic sponges. It is also easier to wet and take out water from (I found most sponges to get damp I need to use a towel and squeeze the sh!t out of it) the only real thing I don't like about it is the price and the fact that due to it's softness it tends to crumble quit easily. My sister has hers for a couple weeks and it's already got some "crumbling" going on.

Yes it is a convenient tool to have but I probably wouldn't repurchase again, because I have done a comparisons between this and just using clean fingers the results are the same if not better. With fingers you can even get more control and less products to apply foundation or other cream products. So I wouldn't say it's a essential product especially for the price tag.

on 9/18/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had the Shiseido sponge for a while and I liked it better. I felt like it was soaking up less product, and that it was blending it smoother than the Beauty Blender. However, this sponge is still nice. It blends products flawlessly and it gives a beautiful finish. I'm kind of on the fence for this product. It's soaking up too much product to be a holy grail for me, even if I soak it up with water first.

on 7/2/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I finally caved in and bought this after having gone through several RT sponges.
And I don't love it.
It is a lot firmer than the RT sponge imo and also smaller. I felt it works nicely for my cream concealer and the point side gets into my eye area better than the RT sponge, but i usually use a brush which I LOVE (thank you zoeva concealer buffer!!!!) for that.
I use a spong mainly for mu application and this was just so...meh. It was okayish but not for the price tag and the hype. It gave me quite a thick finish which I do not like. The RT sponge gives me a so much lighter and even finish looking so much more natural.

I'm almost thinking about returning this. Why bother with it when there's a SO MUCH CHEAPER and better sponge out there?

I really wanted to love this but maybe my expectations were too high because I had already found the right product for me.

I might get the tiny BB though and see if that'll be nice for undereye and around the nose concealer.

on 1/17/2015 4:30:00 AM

I just love this sponge! I always get compliments on my make up looking air brushed. I have had expensive make up brushes but still felt my foundation just wasn't 100% I would much rather buy the beauty blender over a brush any day. Is simple to use and the results are fab! I can't say enough good things about it! I always buy on Amazon it is cheaper for the same product!

on 12/11/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use a stippling brush to apply my MUFE HD foundation but since getting this have become a convert.

It gives me a really nice airbrush finish and application time is very quick! A definite bonus for a non-morning person like me who gets ready til the last minute before running out to catch the bus!

i use the pointy end to apply undereye concealer (tarte creaseless concealer) and am very pleased so far. A little goes a long way if you're looking for that everyday, natural yet flawless look.

I think part of the reason this works well for me is that my products are on the thicker side. I can see it wasting a lot of product if it's very watery. I must admit I was worried it would absorb most of my foundation but I use almost the same amount (probably slightly more) with the beautyblender. I also love how you can build it up in layers, giving you more coverage without cakiness.

I have the white version and when I wash it with my face wash it looks almost like new again. It's pretty durable so far, and so so soft that it doesn't bother sensitive areas like the under eye (I've had this problem with other, harder sponges).

Overall I really like this and will likely buy it again, but only if I don't find a good dupe because it is definitely overpriced.

on 8/30/2014 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

UPDATE: OK, I bought the super duper tiny green ones because they were adorable, but I haven't found them terribly useful just yet. I pretty much only use them for the undereye and for blending a browbone highlight in but it's really nothing that Big Pink can't do. They're fun, though, can't argue with that - just not the time-savers that the big one is. If I find an innovative new use for them you guys will be the first to know...

Ah, the beautyblender. It's become one of those things I can't live without, but it definitely has some issues I wish they'd fix.

First of all, a confession: I almost never use this wet, and when I do, I just spritz it with rosewater. I don't run it under the tap and let it puff up like you're supposed to. I find that a)I am lazy and this takes less time, and b)the sponge soaks up more product this way, giving me nice sheer coverage instead of full-on makeup, and c)I can use it to blend out powder products when it's dry without risk of color changes or cakiness. I'll spritz it to build up my liquid foundation, blend my concealer, and remove product if I've overpowdered.

This leads in to my number-one gripe about the beautyblender: it is such a pain in the ass to clean! I've tried the two soaps by the same company but I've found that the two things that work best for me are Dr. Bronner's soap and MAC Cleanse Off Oil. When you use the sponge dry, however, it stains really really badly and always looks a little dingy. The time I save putting on my makeup in the morning is used to clean and re-clean the sponge when I get home. If you've got any tips, PM me and I'll be eternally grateful.

My second gripe: The dye. Thinking about buying the "pure" version but I'm worried that it would look even more horribly dingy than the pink one. I bought the black "pro" ones but found that, while they didn't bleed, they also had a different texture that I didn't like as much. No matter how much you wash it or what you wash it with, this sponge will always, always bleed pink dye. I've had my original for a long time now -- probably time to chunk it, honestly -- and it's been washed thousands of times with every soap under the sun, and it still bleeds dye when I use Dr. Bronner's. I even soaked it in vinegar on a whim to remedy the dye problem since that's what you do with bleeding brushes (note: this was gross, don't do it. It didn't hurt the sponge but I think it made it angry). I think that, after I've stopped using this one on my face and right before I throw it out, I'm going to experiment with some Borax to see if that'll remedy my sponge problems, haha.

So I'm going to keep buying them because I love how easy and sheer they make foundation application, but I'm also going to keep complaining about them and their ridiculous pricetag until they either fix the staining/bleeding issues or I find a comparable dupe. ;) Plus, it's adorable and soft and I just can't stay mad at something that lets me sleep a couple extra minutes in the morning.

on 8/2/2014 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, yes, yes all the way! Not much else to say really! The hype is justified, absolutely flawless finish. So happy I purchased this. Buy it!!!

on 5/30/2014 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

soooooo amazing product! since i've a dry skin its hard for me to look not 'cakey' but thank god this one make the foundation/concealer blends well to my face..flawless!

x