beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.8

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was not prepared to fork out $20 for a sponge, so i researched the product, read all the reviews, watched all the tutorials. Then i saw Mario Dedivanovic using it on Kim K and i was sold! What a brilliant investment! This is now my HG. I love love love the flawless finish it provides. With my acne scarring i tend to load on the concealer...but with this little gem i can use a little product and blend away an voila i look flawless. Not one of my brushes can blend out my It Cosmetics bye bye under eye concealer....but this little egg can! I will def repurchase!

on 7/25/2010 5:05:00 AM

I was very hesitant about buying this product but after a couple of months I caved in and purchased the set that included 2 sponges and the sponge cleaner. I have used damped sponges before and loved the flawless coverage it gave me. The only problems that I had with other sponges was that when dampened they became a little harder to work with because they were not as dense. I love the beauty blender because I get the same effect but its much easier to work with. It covers a larger area and you can get a better grip because it is a larger sponge which is important when you are trying to stipple your foundation on. I really like that there is no tugging of my skin especially when I am putting my under eye concealer and that my concealer doesn't settle on the fine lines around my eyes. Product just gets perfectly distributed. Its egg shape really helps when you want to cover small areas, just have to use the narrow side. Overall a great tool. Very happy with it.

**Docking a point because mine has managed to become stained by cream based foundations (Stephane Marais)**

Purchased the set of two with the recommended Beautyblender cleanser. Great idea, have two sponges, one to use, and one to have clean while the other needs cleaned. I love these sponges since they make anything easy to apply. Put a dab on the point and get every crevice by your nose, a even covering below your lower lash line... you name it, it'll put foundation there.

I clean mine maybe once a week each (lazy). I don't think "old foundation" has an effect on it's finish. I haven't noticed any pink fuzz from mine.

Would I repurchase? Probably, if everybody else's knock offs aren't as good.

on 3/27/2008 9:50:00 AM

Prior to getting this, I had used sponges to apply foundation occasionally but mostly reverted to using my fingers, as I found the finish was much better. After hearing rave reviews about this, I got over my initial reluctance to spend that much money on a sponge and bought one - I don't regret it for an instant! The result is excellent - an airbrushed look, excellent coverage but still natural. I use the Blendercleanser to clean it after use and so far it's been 1.5 months - the sponge is still going strong! Would recommend this!

EDIT - no longer use this - too much hassle, plus I think it dried out my skin somehow!!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools