beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 12/5/2018 6:53:00 PM

All these years I resisted. $20 for a sponge? Really, how could it be worth it? But one day I came across a sale/deal on the Too Faced website, some other products along with this for a great deal, and now I can't imagine ever being without a Beauty Blender again. I used the Real Techniques sponge before, and I thought it was good. Now I joke that using that sponge after using this amazing one is like hitting my face with a brick. Yes, that's an exaggeration, but it really does feel hard now compared to this. It is so soft, and it blends my makeup so well. It just does wonderful things. I find it pretty easy to clean. I like the liquid Blender Cleanser the best, but it cleans up fine with other cleaners. The Blender Cleanser is just my favorite because it cleans well and rinses out really easily. Anyhow, I will try to find ways to get a deal on the Beauty Blender (getting it in a set, sales, coupons), but would I pay $20 for it on it's own? Yep. Obviously, it's overpriced. But sometimes something overpriced is worth it, and this is one of those things.

on 3/29/2018 2:02:00 AM

I am addicted to this sponge. I have this in the original bright pink version and this applies my foundation with a smoother and natural finish. I clean it every after each use with the solid cleanser.

on 2/27/2018 11:02:00 PM

Beauty Blender is worth buying.I have got pretty lots of makeup in my collection but I'm not buying all I would want cause I don't have that money.But I still think this is worth (is it $16).There ain't a product like this (although I've heard the flower beauty Blender is great) I believe.When I use this to apply my foundation with bouncing motion, result is always flawless. I use Beauty Blender for foundation applying, to apply my cream blush, to apply concealer and also loose powder. Usually I tend to wet the BB with a face mist/spray. That way I don't have to hurry to the wc for wetting it. And I can also use it dry for erasing powder makeup like even out my blush if there's too much. It's a game changer!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Cons
- Expensive for what it is
- Uses 2x as much product (foundation) as I would use with a brush
- Does not cover as well as a brush in my opinion.... hence maybe why I use 2x as much product to cover
- Just read another MUA review on here that I think is worth re-stating: "Absorbs skincare. I am pale and skincare obsessed. This does absorb sunscreen." I can see how that would be a thing
- Cleaning: the instructions state that it should be cleaned after every use (aka every day for some of us). Who has time for that? Even when you do clean (even if it is regularly), the stains will not come off. Tbh that is not a major big deal for me, but worth noting
- Storage: where/how do you store this in a hygienic manner?

Pros
- It is kind of fun to use ... something new than how I have been applying makeup on.
- I have only been using this to apply foundation, but I can see how this might be better used for applying liquid/cream blush or bronzer

Overall
- Despite the many concerns and cons that I have with this, I think it's worth trying at least once - I can see how some people may like it if you've hated using brushes. If you're really big on makeup and devoting a lot of time/products/money/tools to it, this may add to your collection and something that you turn to. I am not opposed to having one of these in my possession, but it is not a must have . It is kind of fun to use and, although that's such a silly minor thing, if it makes your makeup routine less a routine and more fun, it's good

I've tried all the cheap dupes in hopes of finding something less expensive, but believe me, the real deal is worth it. A true investment.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you`re reading these reviews you`re probably still wondering "what`s so special about a sponge?"
I don`t know how or why but it blends like a dream! It picks up the right amount of product and transfers it into the skin, unlike other sponges or brushes which tend to just move the product from left to right on the skin. It saves sooo much time, as you won`t need to touch up unless you want to build a stronger look. It makes any foundation and concealer blend flawlessly- no patches!
I cannot remember the last time I picked a brush to apply my foundation, powder or concealer with since I got this sponge.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Perfect for blending concealer, applying your bake, or applying sheer coverage foundation! Obsessed!

on 6/12/2017 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I refused to try the Beautyblender for a really long tine since I have already spent a small fortune on a variety of foundation brushes and if a small spongy blob would end up performing better that would end up with serious buyer's remorse :D

The nude pink one they released finally got the best of my willpower and I'm kind of sad to admit but it's a handy tool.

First of all, the thing that irks me most about the Beautyblender - apart grom a price! - is that I really don't feel comfortable imagining the possible bacteria breeding since I'm accustomed to applying foundation with perfectly clean brushes daily. Nope, can't bring myself to do it. Then what I use the sponge for? It's simple. After applying the foundation/concealer/blush during the days my skin doesn't seem to behave I wet/squeeze it, dab gently to meld all the aforementioned layers together and this step makes my makeup look much more natural. No excuse for cackey base anymore! It does sheer the makeup out a bit and sometimes I have some more spot concealing to do but this removal results to the natural look.

A keeper, sigh!

I've been using the Beauty Blender for more than 3 years now and I'm so glad I joined the hype train. Yes paying almost $30 for a sponge is ridiculous but it lasts AGES if you take good care of it and my makeup has never looked better. I honestly don't even remember the last time I used a brush to apply my foundation. I've used both the original pink and the black pro version. Personally I prefer the black version for thicker, full coverage products and the original for sheer and medium finish foundations. I've tried the Real Techniques dupe but I just keep coming back to this, and I will continue to repurchase!

on 4/15/2017 1:02:00 AM

Okay, so after years of using dupes of this (I live in Japan, so these aren`t sold here), I finally tried the famed Beauty Blender. Yeah, it`s a nice product, does what all the other reviewers who love it claim it does. But...so do the other dupes I`ve tried (RT sponge and Cathy Doll Ice-cream Cone). Not to mention those dupes cost a fraction of the price of this, clean more easily (I mean the brown foundation spots actually come out after 2-3 washes), and are a tad sturdier. So while the original might be a great product, in these days of presidential tycoons who don`t pay taxes and live on our backs, financially speaking I prefer sticking with the more modest options.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools