beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you`re reading these reviews you`re probably still wondering "what`s so special about a sponge?"
I don`t know how or why but it blends like a dream! It picks up the right amount of product and transfers it into the skin, unlike other sponges or brushes which tend to just move the product from left to right on the skin. It saves sooo much time, as you won`t need to touch up unless you want to build a stronger look. It makes any foundation and concealer blend flawlessly- no patches!
I cannot remember the last time I picked a brush to apply my foundation, powder or concealer with since I got this sponge.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Perfect for blending concealer, applying your bake, or applying sheer coverage foundation! Obsessed!

on 6/12/2017 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I refused to try the Beautyblender for a really long tine since I have already spent a small fortune on a variety of foundation brushes and if a small spongy blob would end up performing better that would end up with serious buyer's remorse :D

The nude pink one they released finally got the best of my willpower and I'm kind of sad to admit but it's a handy tool.

First of all, the thing that irks me most about the Beautyblender - apart grom a price! - is that I really don't feel comfortable imagining the possible bacteria breeding since I'm accustomed to applying foundation with perfectly clean brushes daily. Nope, can't bring myself to do it. Then what I use the sponge for? It's simple. After applying the foundation/concealer/blush during the days my skin doesn't seem to behave I wet/squeeze it, dab gently to meld all the aforementioned layers together and this step makes my makeup look much more natural. No excuse for cackey base anymore! It does sheer the makeup out a bit and sometimes I have some more spot concealing to do but this removal results to the natural look.

A keeper, sigh!

I've been using the Beauty Blender for more than 3 years now and I'm so glad I joined the hype train. Yes paying almost $30 for a sponge is ridiculous but it lasts AGES if you take good care of it and my makeup has never looked better. I honestly don't even remember the last time I used a brush to apply my foundation. I've used both the original pink and the black pro version. Personally I prefer the black version for thicker, full coverage products and the original for sheer and medium finish foundations. I've tried the Real Techniques dupe but I just keep coming back to this, and I will continue to repurchase!

on 4/15/2017 1:02:00 AM

Okay, so after years of using dupes of this (I live in Japan, so these aren`t sold here), I finally tried the famed Beauty Blender. Yeah, it`s a nice product, does what all the other reviewers who love it claim it does. But...so do the other dupes I`ve tried (RT sponge and Cathy Doll Ice-cream Cone). Not to mention those dupes cost a fraction of the price of this, clean more easily (I mean the brown foundation spots actually come out after 2-3 washes), and are a tad sturdier. So while the original might be a great product, in these days of presidential tycoons who don`t pay taxes and live on our backs, financially speaking I prefer sticking with the more modest options.

Before purchasing the Beauty Blender, I tried numerous brushes for foundation- they ranged from flat tops, and stippling brushes. I tried the Real Techniques sponge first, & it's a great product, but I was still curious about the BB. I tried this right after purchasing, and fell in love. It blends out foundation and concealer beautifully. I use the butt (:D) of the BB in a bouncing motion to blend out foundation, and the pointed edge under my eyes. The best part is that the BB is also wonderful for setting your face with powder, both pressed & loose. It doesn't stop there- it's also great for bronzer, highlighter & blush. I forgot my face brushes while on a small vacation, but had popped the BB in my purse, and that's the day I learned about all the extra things it's great for. Definitely worth it because of its versatility :) the only con to this product is that it's hard to blend around my eyebrows, but that's not a deal breaker. Give the Beauty Blender a whirl ♡

on 3/1/2017 7:20:00 PM

I was late to this trend, as usual. However, I am just glad I finally got with it. I love this thing! I have tried a lot of other sponges, even the highly coveted Real Techniques sponge and none compare to this. It has the perfect absorption, texture, whatever you want to call it. The perfect bounce. I never liked foundation until I found this thing. Now I can actually wear it without wanting to rip off my face. I adore this thing and will continue repurchasing it when I need to. I already grabbed the 4 piece set after getting the first one. (comes with the black one, the mini one, the original and the soap)

This is by far the best blender for a flawless airbrushed finish. I have tried other cheaper alternatives but the did not 'cut the mustard'.

Like many, I avoided buying this for a while. I finally caved when I found a bundle deal at The Makeup Show in NYC. I'm in love. Absolutely in love. I use this in combination with a paddle brush to apply my foundation and contour. It is wonderful at giving me as flawless a finish as I can get on my aging, problematic skin. I'd buy this again, but I do wish it were a little less expensive.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Love my beauty blender! I have tried knock off brands that do work but not as well. It is very soft and gets into every corner of my face. Leaves my skin poreless. I knocked off one Lip due to the price and that I find it harder to clean than other off brand Beaty blenders I have used.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools