beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by skin tone : Other
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

I'd heard raves about this new foam make-up applicator and blender. After trying it myself, I know why people love this "pink egg". Not only is it the cutest beauty tool I own, it works wonderfully also. Unlike other foam make-up sponges, the Beauty Blender's egg shape makes it perfect for the whole face. The pointed end gets into small spaces such as under the eyes and around the nose. The sides and bottom of the Beauty Blender work on the larger areas of the face. You can use this with any type of make-up product from liquid foundations to powdered products. It blends foundations perfectly and seamlessly as well as applying blushes and concealers. Used wet or dry the Beauty Blender just needs a gentle bouncing or twist across your face and features to work. It also doesn't soak up lots of precious make-up in the process. See http://www.beautyblender.net/ for more info.

on 4/17/2007 3:51:00 PM

I really like this sponge. I have always use a sponge to apply foundation, but the shape and texture of the beautyblender are far superior to any other sponge I have used. The pointed end is great for blending around the eyes. The texture is perfect because it doesn't soak up all the foundation like some sponges can. It also feels very soft on your skin. I bought the package with the cleanser, but I don't think it is better than any other cleanser so I would pass on it.

I hate to be the negetive one but for the very few of you ladies who gave this product a bad review- yes you were right! I am shocked that at this very moment only 11% of us said we would not buy this again because in all honesty this product did NOT deliver.I immediatly ordered 2 of these kits being that it was proclaimed a "holy grail" product and i am so angry- total waste of money!
First off, i want to say i have read every single review on this board as well as about 100 posts on qvc about this product and even watched the tutorial many times. I have been a makeup artist for over 10 years so i consider myself to be an expert at make-up application. This sponge is a useless tool. Brushes are better, more sanitary and much cheaper.
I literally used 4 times more product because this sponge just sucked up and absorbed all of the concealer/foundation yet still leaving me with sheer coverage. Yes i used it wet and stippled by the way. With my concealer brush and just a tiny amount of concealer i am able to conceal ALL of my imperfections and dark circles. With beautyblender so much product was wasted and not enough coverage. I also tried this with cream blushes and it was horrible. I lightly dabbed the cream blush on and right away all the makeup i had underneth came off and i got uneven blotchy blush application. The ONLY thing this works well for is highlighters. I took the advice of someone who in their review of this product mentioned she used pigments with it and that it was amazing (or a word similar to amazing lol). Well while i wouldnt say it was amazing it was still beautiful. I dabbed the pigment on- it was actually a becca product similar to mac pigments. It was a light goldish highlighting color and the dampened sponge really did make a world of a difference. Only problem- i had to use a TON of product- this time about 10 times more lol. The effect was pretty but i cannot see myself spending $44 on one kit for just a highlighting tool- not to mention the amount of product i would waste (being that these becca products are expensive and they are the only powders i use).
Last i want to stress the most important concern that i have which i am shocked no one here has mentioned.....BACTERIA!!!! I wash this everytime of course but my problem is this: dipping a damp/wet sponge into my pots and jars of cream blushes will eventually cause contamination and breaking down of the product. Cream blushes such as nars, bobbi brown, etc are not meant for wet sponges to be dipped into them and this moisture/water in my opinion will change the product. I would have appreciated a tool that could work dry because i don't want to ruin my expensive blushes by contamintating them.
Packaging is horrible and highly unintelligent. I watched the tutorial where they showed you "how to remove it" which alone states how ridiculious this is. The sponge is housed in a cacoon of very sharp plastic points that looks like it is nestled in a claw. I followed the directions and pushed it from down under so that it would'nt tear but i still had tears in all 4 of my sponges due to the sharp plastic points that were jabbed into it while packaged. Why make a product that a) will tear very easilly due to it being housed in sharp hard plastic and b) needs a tutorial to watch on how to remove it. Talk about issues. If the creators were smart they would have invented something packaged nicely yet non-damaging.
I really think this is a novelty item that is all hype and if anything just makes you feel good to be part of this trend. I am not trying to insult anyone who praises this because in all honesty- i wanted to be part of this trend too lol. I just need something that gives me coverage without wasting product and as far as i am concerned this is equivilent to all the other cheap dollar store sponges out there only it's pink and pretty!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well, I seem to be definitely in the minority here......read the glowing reviews and decided to purchase this product - although it's ridiculous to spend so much $$$ on a sponge - but hey, if it will make my makeup look fabulous thought it would be worth it.

This sponge did NOTHING for me....my makeup looks much better when applied with my fingers or a simple CVS sponge.

What a waste!

Thanks, MUA, for introducing me to yet another expensive product I am determined to use for life. I use CoverFX cream foundation to cover largish swaths of melasma left over from pregnancy and a childhood spent in the sun. This stuff is THICK, and it's easy to overapply. I've used my fingers, brushes, cheap drugstore wedge sponges, you name it, and I still end up with too much product on the outer layer of the skin and not enough settled down in the pores. I just want a thin layer all over. The first time I used the Beautyblender I was amazed at how evenly my foundation applied, and how my coverage was opaque but thin. The technique is easy; just stipple instead of rubbing. I don't like to buy specialized cleaning products b/c I think they're part of a major racket--I mean, this sponge is expensive enough as it is--so I just used my favorite brush cleaner, Prell shampoo (the classic green gel). Worked beautifully, although it did take a bit of time to squeeze the suds out of the sponge (Prell's fault, not the sponge's). The extra time and effort are worth it. I haven't tried the sponge yet for applying cream blushes, etc., but I look forward to it. Incidentally, I did use the pointed tip to apply eyeshadow base, and it worked like a dream. If you want an airbrushed look that still gives your skin the texture of SKIN, this is the tool to use.

on 4/19/2010 7:31:00 PM

Love this item. Every foundation brush I've tried has at least something wrong with it-- streaky makeup, absorbs too much foundation, can't get into the tiny areas around my nose, etc. Beautyblender doesn't have any problems (at least so far) and I love how easy it is to wash it. My makeup always looks perfect (not cakey) and it's easy to add more foundation in the areas where it needs it. Perfect!

on 7/25/2010 5:05:00 AM

I was very hesitant about buying this product but after a couple of months I caved in and purchased the set that included 2 sponges and the sponge cleaner. I have used damped sponges before and loved the flawless coverage it gave me. The only problems that I had with other sponges was that when dampened they became a little harder to work with because they were not as dense. I love the beauty blender because I get the same effect but its much easier to work with. It covers a larger area and you can get a better grip because it is a larger sponge which is important when you are trying to stipple your foundation on. I really like that there is no tugging of my skin especially when I am putting my under eye concealer and that my concealer doesn't settle on the fine lines around my eyes. Product just gets perfectly distributed. Its egg shape really helps when you want to cover small areas, just have to use the narrow side. Overall a great tool. Very happy with it.

Undoubtedly the best thing I've ever used to apply my foundation. I always use it wet, and pat it on my skin. I get the most flawless, even complexion when I do this. I was skeptical at first, but now, i am a full-blown convert. I have purchased 4 of them, and will not EVER be without them!!! AMAZING

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm definitely digging it!

I got this from a fellow MUAer who didn't like it. I REALLY REALLY like it EXCEPT....I can't get it clean!! I use maybelline superstay makeup and it stays on the sponge like nobody's business! I use liquid soap- just bought dr bronners so maybe that will help. That being said... I love how my foundation goes on! It doesnt' seem to use more foundation than normal (others complaint). I will definitely buy this again and am so grateful to the MUAer who gave it to me to try!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools