beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

on 3/8/2015 1:31:00 PM

Love this! Finally took the plunge & bought 1; not soon after, bought 2 more. Can't believe I thought a foundation brush was the best thing ever.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Fabulous!! Makeup looks brilliant :)

on 12/13/2013 2:19:00 PM

I love my beautyblender!!!! I have been using it for about 2+ years. And this is my 3rd beauty blender.. its easy to clean. I actually just use baby shampoo or anti bacterial soap... and its soooooo soft when damp. and it makes blending concealer and foundation easy and natural looking. Love my BB!!!

I adore this sponge! It blends foundation and concealer like a dream! It gives me such an airbrushed look. It works for liquid, creme, and even powder foundation. The only down side (which I overlook because it is so awesome) is the maintenance and price. I would highly recommend to wash this after/before every use because it can accumulate bacteria. The price is what held me back at first but if with good care, it has lasted me over a year. I don't even reach for my brushes most of the time.

on 7/25/2010 5:05:00 AM

I was very hesitant about buying this product but after a couple of months I caved in and purchased the set that included 2 sponges and the sponge cleaner. I have used damped sponges before and loved the flawless coverage it gave me. The only problems that I had with other sponges was that when dampened they became a little harder to work with because they were not as dense. I love the beauty blender because I get the same effect but its much easier to work with. It covers a larger area and you can get a better grip because it is a larger sponge which is important when you are trying to stipple your foundation on. I really like that there is no tugging of my skin especially when I am putting my under eye concealer and that my concealer doesn't settle on the fine lines around my eyes. Product just gets perfectly distributed. Its egg shape really helps when you want to cover small areas, just have to use the narrow side. Overall a great tool. Very happy with it.

I hate to be the negetive one but for the very few of you ladies who gave this product a bad review- yes you were right! I am shocked that at this very moment only 11% of us said we would not buy this again because in all honesty this product did NOT deliver.I immediatly ordered 2 of these kits being that it was proclaimed a "holy grail" product and i am so angry- total waste of money!
First off, i want to say i have read every single review on this board as well as about 100 posts on qvc about this product and even watched the tutorial many times. I have been a makeup artist for over 10 years so i consider myself to be an expert at make-up application. This sponge is a useless tool. Brushes are better, more sanitary and much cheaper.
I literally used 4 times more product because this sponge just sucked up and absorbed all of the concealer/foundation yet still leaving me with sheer coverage. Yes i used it wet and stippled by the way. With my concealer brush and just a tiny amount of concealer i am able to conceal ALL of my imperfections and dark circles. With beautyblender so much product was wasted and not enough coverage. I also tried this with cream blushes and it was horrible. I lightly dabbed the cream blush on and right away all the makeup i had underneth came off and i got uneven blotchy blush application. The ONLY thing this works well for is highlighters. I took the advice of someone who in their review of this product mentioned she used pigments with it and that it was amazing (or a word similar to amazing lol). Well while i wouldnt say it was amazing it was still beautiful. I dabbed the pigment on- it was actually a becca product similar to mac pigments. It was a light goldish highlighting color and the dampened sponge really did make a world of a difference. Only problem- i had to use a TON of product- this time about 10 times more lol. The effect was pretty but i cannot see myself spending $44 on one kit for just a highlighting tool- not to mention the amount of product i would waste (being that these becca products are expensive and they are the only powders i use).
Last i want to stress the most important concern that i have which i am shocked no one here has mentioned.....BACTERIA!!!! I wash this everytime of course but my problem is this: dipping a damp/wet sponge into my pots and jars of cream blushes will eventually cause contamination and breaking down of the product. Cream blushes such as nars, bobbi brown, etc are not meant for wet sponges to be dipped into them and this moisture/water in my opinion will change the product. I would have appreciated a tool that could work dry because i don't want to ruin my expensive blushes by contamintating them.
Packaging is horrible and highly unintelligent. I watched the tutorial where they showed you "how to remove it" which alone states how ridiculious this is. The sponge is housed in a cacoon of very sharp plastic points that looks like it is nestled in a claw. I followed the directions and pushed it from down under so that it would'nt tear but i still had tears in all 4 of my sponges due to the sharp plastic points that were jabbed into it while packaged. Why make a product that a) will tear very easilly due to it being housed in sharp hard plastic and b) needs a tutorial to watch on how to remove it. Talk about issues. If the creators were smart they would have invented something packaged nicely yet non-damaging.
I really think this is a novelty item that is all hype and if anything just makes you feel good to be part of this trend. I am not trying to insult anyone who praises this because in all honesty- i wanted to be part of this trend too lol. I just need something that gives me coverage without wasting product and as far as i am concerned this is equivilent to all the other cheap dollar store sponges out there only it's pink and pretty!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools