beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by skin tone : Other
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

The real techniques sponge is just as good but I have a chanel fdtn brush I love so anyways I prefer my fingers. It warms the fdtn and can get every nook & cranny. Just personal pref! These sponges are good. But I could easily live w/o mine.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the beauty blender it works really good for me

on 8/12/2016 9:17:00 AM

I like this sponge. My gf got it for me as a present and I must say I like it. I apply liquid foundation with it and it does make your foundation go on nicely, well buffed and we'll blended.

As much as I love this sponge, at the end of the day I am prefer my $2 ebay kabuki brush to blend my foundation and concealer out.

I find the beauty blender has only 2 cons. 1. Cleaning it until it is pink again involves soaking it overnight with soap, but you're are guaranteed a pink sponge after. 2. Because it is a sponge it soaks up more product so you have to use more product.

I still think this is a great tool, but I think people are either sponge or brush people. I definitely prefer my brush more.

Holy grail for sure. Been using this for years and there is just no dupe that performes just as good as the beautyblender and is just as soft & bouncy. I am using the black one. I like that there are different shades to pick. It is pricey though.

I have mixed feelings about this sponge. I like using it damp to bounce foundation onto the skin. It does blend nicely and makeup looks airbrushed. In this way it lives up to the claims.

I wash it religiously. I have used beautyblender's own liquid cleanser and beautyblender's solid cleanser. I have followed recommendations on Makeup Alley's Makeup Board and tried Dr. Bronner's and Dawn. They all work pretty well to remove the makeup but none of them do it as easily or thoroughly as I would like. There are still flesh-colored makeup stains on the sponge. The pink dye is not colorfast, so it gradually comes off. It can come off on white towels.

No matter how much I wash it, I occasionally get little black dots on the surface. One reviewer I found on the internet said this was mold. Another reviewer said it was not mold and nothing to worry about. But I don't like the black dots. I know they are not supposed to be there, so when that happens I wash the sponge more and they do come off. But what are they and why do they occur? I am perplexed. I have tried another piece of advice which is to set the sponge on a windowsill in daylight to dry. I think that helps but it is another ritual I have to remember to do, and I am busy in the morning. This darn sponge is high-maintenance. My brushes are easier to use and clean and as long as I use brush cleaner, they stay in good shape with no mysterious weirdness to combat.

I think the beautyblender blends foundation well, but it is overpriced, and especially when it is so annoying to keep clean. Because I take care of it, following the instructions of the manufacturer and its many worshipers, it soaks up more of my time than water. I use this pink sponge once in awhile and I like it, but I prefer the Real Techniques foundation brush for the simplicity. My foundation looks just as good with the brush, and it's easier to keep clean. The beautyblender is good but I have to fiddle with it a lot. It is too expensive for what it does.

Perfectly applies my liquid foundation. The end.

on 3/9/2015 2:02:00 PM

I am make up artist and for a very long time i was rejecting the hype of bblender. I i bought so many hype products and half was a total crap. As a pro artist i got the discount on it and therefore i finally bought it. Honestly guys, this is the miracle in cosmetic industry of 21st century. Its been a week and i do all my make up with the blender. I dont use any of my Suqqu and Tom ford brushes anymore. The one you might need is smth like Mac 130. Thats it. And yes if you have big pores and oily skin it will blend in your make up so smoothly into pores. Contouring, powder, blush....it applies everything like a pro even not being a pro. Amazing amazing amazing produc. Take away your shine during the day with bblender as well. One aspect, it does soak foundation more than a brush. But the finish is worth it. And yes, even powder blushes goes on amazing. Seriously the one who created it is genius. She deserve to be millionaire as this product is worth thw hype with every penny. My suggestion is to use original bblender soap or Bronners soap. And yes, dry it on warm radiators. The blender should get back to his original shape when its dry. And one more-its amazing face masagge :) must have product!!

on 3/8/2015 1:31:00 PM

Love this! Finally took the plunge & bought 1; not soon after, bought 2 more. Can't believe I thought a foundation brush was the best thing ever.

on 1/22/2015 4:50:00 AM

I never right reviews here, but it's almost 2 am and I can't sleep so let me share with you my thoughts. First of all I have tried every beauty blender knock off and the original one and they awful. Damp, super wet l, or just plain dry, this sponge acts like a sponte because that's what it is, it absorbs most of the product and you are left with an uneven and sheer bad foundation coverage on your skin. I have tried this with th e kat von d d and revlon color stay foundations which are the most pigmented, heavier and overall full in coverage, and this stupid thing still managed to thin out the foundation damp or dry. I don't understand the fascination with this product and others like it. It gives you no coverage and eats up everything! Even if you are expecting a natural and light coverage finish, this will actually leave your face without any product. This is basically smearing your foundation all over your face until the sponge eats up the foundation and leaves you with zero product on your face. Awful, truly awful product.

on 12/17/2014 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I'm late to jump on the BB bandwagon but like it so far. I've used it with tinted moisturizers, foundations, cream compact foundations, and even Laneige BB cushion, because I don't like the flat spongey applicator included with the compact. My foundation looks natural but the sponge seems to absorb a lot of product. I can never get this thing clean though, no matter what I use. After cleaning, there's always a blob of foundation stuck on the fat end of the sponge that I can't remove, but that's probably user error. I like BB, but I was previously using the Shu Uemura lightbulb foundation sponge to apply my makeup, which I like better due to its smoother texture.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools