beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 6/1/2006 5:59:00 PM

Beautyblender sponge - an AMAZING makeup sponge!! I picked it up at the pharmacy while I was browsing through gifts for my mother. It is a odd tear-shaped hot pink sponge. This afternoon I tried using this with Bare Escentuals mineral makeup, applying Well-Rested under my eyes and around my nose with the pointed end and the feel is AMAZING. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face. After I apply the tinted mineral veil, I "brush" with it lightly to "blend" and I look flawless.
One thing I love the most about this Beautyblender is that you can "recycle" the worn-out sponge by sending it back to the company and you will get a new one in return.
You can check it out at www.beautyblender.net.
It comes in a very, very cute little pouch. I love it!!

on 11/6/2006 1:08:00 PM

I found the Beautyblender sponge to be too small to handle very well. The company was difficult when I tried to contact them for a refund. They stated they were sorry I was disspointed with their product but could not issue me a refund.

I would try and check the product out thoroughly before I spent the money since it's NON-RETURNABLE.

I'd heard raves about this new foam make-up applicator and blender. After trying it myself, I know why people love this "pink egg". Not only is it the cutest beauty tool I own, it works wonderfully also. Unlike other foam make-up sponges, the Beauty Blender's egg shape makes it perfect for the whole face. The pointed end gets into small spaces such as under the eyes and around the nose. The sides and bottom of the Beauty Blender work on the larger areas of the face. You can use this with any type of make-up product from liquid foundations to powdered products. It blends foundations perfectly and seamlessly as well as applying blushes and concealers. Used wet or dry the Beauty Blender just needs a gentle bouncing or twist across your face and features to work. It also doesn't soak up lots of precious make-up in the process. See http://www.beautyblender.net/ for more info.

on 3/6/2007 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This works so much better for me than a sponge or foundation brush. Well worth the 20 bucks. I'll pass on the pricey cleanser, though. I use a few drops of Dr. Bronner's liquid soap, and it cleans just as well as the Beautyblender stuff for a whole lot less.

Note: I've discovered Daiso Detergent cleanser. A small bottle runs about $11 on Amazon. A very small amount cleans the Beautyblender nothing like else, and it easily gets rid of the gummy eyeliner residue from my smudge brushes. Great stuff.

on 3/24/2007 2:13:00 PM

This little beauty tool should be in everyone's makeup box! This is not like a flocked sponge or any other makeup sponge I've ever owned. For the record, I don't like makeup sponges, flocked, non-latex or otherwise. I usually much prefer a taklon foundation brush. However, the beauty blender truly applies cream and liquid foundations beautifully and flawlessly, and dare I say, much better than a foundation brush! I bought two for around $25 at Dermadoctor so price-wise it wasn't too bad. It did come all smushed in the package but I washed it and it was restored to it's perfect round shape. I bounced it around my face to stipple on my cream or liquid foundation. If you use twisting type motions, you can feather out the foundation. It gives you great control! Get one, you'll love it! Definitely will repurchase!

on 4/17/2007 3:51:00 PM

I really like this sponge. I have always use a sponge to apply foundation, but the shape and texture of the beautyblender are far superior to any other sponge I have used. The pointed end is great for blending around the eyes. The texture is perfect because it doesn't soak up all the foundation like some sponges can. It also feels very soft on your skin. I bought the package with the cleanser, but I don't think it is better than any other cleanser so I would pass on it.

on 5/1/2007 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, I must confess that I bought the beautyblender on the advice of another makeup website which shall remain nameless. I had been previously using my MAC 187 which I like for coverage but not how it evenly distributes foundation on my eyebrows and in my hairline! The idea of stippling the sponge on my skin reminded me of the 187 so I had an idea it would be great. Great..... it is amazing. I've used it now for about 2 months with all different types of foundation - heavy (EL DW), light (Stila ITM) and medium, (La Mer fluid). They all look so natural and beautiful on with this sponge. In fact, it's using the Beautyblender that has enabled me to wear lighter foundations. Because you can stipple over the area a few times and then dab on with the pointy end on your red spots, coverage with even a TM is flawless. I wash it about every 5 days or so but even letting it go longer, it still works great. Oh and I use it dry for more coverage. I still use my 187 but only for powders!

on 5/6/2007 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This little baby goes to the top of my "Cosmetic Product Every MUAer Worth the Title Should Own". I was kicking myself for allowing myself to lemming this. Now I am so delighted to own it. I use it both dry and dampened, though prefer to use it dampened. I've used it on MMU (dry and dampened), liquid, pressed powder, and creme/gel (EL Re-Nutriv) and it works beautifully on all of them. When used dampened, the foundation goes on sheerly, but is easily layered as you go. A cinch to clean, I just use a bar of generic castile soap I keep in the bathroom, wet the sponge, run it over the bar of soap a couple of times, squish it, and rinse thoroughly.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My favorite tool of all time! It's so simple but completely brilliant. Cuts application time in half and gives me perfect results every time. I love this little thing and will be giving it as gifts from now on! :-) Don't hesitate to purchase this hot pink wonder.

on 7/14/2007 12:29:00 AM

After several years on makeupalley, I think I've become rather cynical about products. If one doesn't strike me as incredible, there is no way I'm going to give it a second shot. When I saw this on amazon.com, offered through bebeautiful.com, I read the reviews and then waited. For a month. I just didn't want to buy another item I wouldn't use. I finally caved when, even using my MAC 187, my foundation looked ridiculous.

From the first use, this makeup applicator made my makeup application look professional. I use it to "stipple" my face, as I have excessive redness in my t-zone. It's rounded edges mean that there is no foundation that will collect in the applicator or my skin. I gently stipple about 5 small dots of foundation into my skin and then wipe it under my eyes for a flawless look.

If you get one of these, I highly recommend the 2 sponge and 1 bottle of cleaner set. It's price efficient and the cleanser cleans the sponge quickly and with minimal effort.

I highly recommend this for anyone that has felt dissatisfied with makeup application or who has just about given up on their foundation. Give it one more try with this beautyblender! It can make the difference between a blah face and a flawless face.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools