beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 11/18/2018 2:37:00 AM

I was skeptical but I’m so glad I got it. It makes putting my makeup on so much quicker.

on 2/24/2017 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had used the cheaper sponge before this, thinking all sponges do the same job. But I was wrong, I brought the original to give it a go and I never had a sponge that do a great job. I always wash my sponge after I used. well at least alternately. As I washed, the sponge looks like new. No product lingering unlike the cheap dupes. I was really amazed. I would buy again, but I don't think we need to giving the excellent job in cleaning. when cleaning it, the dye bleeds out, I'm quite worry if in a long run, the color changes. so far I've got this for 3-4mths. Seems good.

on 11/14/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first heard about this I thought people had to be mad to pay so much for a sponge but then I got curious (like so many others) and bought it at a Sephora 20% sale. Mine is the red carpet version which doesn't come with a cleaner. Prior to using I made sure to watch some YouTube videos for tutorials and the beauty bloggers all seemed to love it. Having tried it today I must say IT IS WORTH IT. I bought two more today to stock up. My boyfriend (who seldom notices my makeup whatsoever) commented that my skin looked nice today so it is something. :) one thing that I didn't like so much was that the dye came off with washing with soap. It was regular hand soap. Doesn't bother me that much though might be that the hand soap is too harsh. My two pack today (bought from BHG) came with a bottle of blender cleaner. Excited to continue using this baby!!!:)

Love this! I add just a little water, squeeze excess out. I apply my foundation and concealer with a brush and then blend with the beauty blender. Works amazing! I have tried using for putting on my foundation but I feel like it sucks up a lot of it. Otherwise I really like this and will continue to use it

This is my HG makeup "applicator." I have used many different brands and types of brushes/sponges and the Beauty Blender takes the cake. I thoroughly wet the BB then squeeze it with my hand then I give it a squeeze with a towel so it is left just a little damp. I apply my concealer with a little brush then buff it out with the BB and I dip the BB into my foundation and bounce it on my face. I also use it to apply Anastasia Beverly Hills Banana shade from the highlight and contour palette. I sort of dab the pointy end on the. Powder then bounce it under my eyes and it comes out matte but not actually powdery. It works well to blend out harsh cream blushes and bringers. I have already repurchased this once because my original went missing after a few months and I missed it so much I spent another $20 for a new one... So worth the price! If you think about it, a nice brush can cost at least that much and this serves as several brushes in my opinion. I can't say enough so I am going to end here!

on 1/27/2015 9:25:00 AM

The best thing to ever happen to me. I have dry/sensitive skin with dry flaky patches. Every single foundation brush I used just irritated my skin, make the flakes even worse, and it ends up being patchy and cakey. I like sheer/glowy/natural finish and this does the job perfectly.

I have tried other dupes but they do not even come close to this. It's expensive for a sponge but its well worth it for me.

My only con is it leaks a lot of pink dye. I don't really want that near my skin and after a few washes the sponge also looks quite old/beat up.

on 11/4/2014 4:10:00 AM

Very nice applicator. I bought two pink ones and the first one lasted 2 month before my dog shred it into pieces. My second one has been used 5 days a week and for 7 month now. As long you clean it after every application, the sponge should last forever.

When I bought the blender, I also bought the cleaner from sephora, but I really don't like that. It reminds me of Dr Bronner's magic soap in lavender. Which blended with olive oil was my go to makeup tools cleaner 2 years ago. Now I just use ivory soap bar. Best makeup tool cleaner ever. My beautyblender still looked like the day I bought it. Maybe a bit pale, but still that cuddly pink. Not like most YouTuber's beautyblender that seemed yellowish or brown.

My conclusion, as long you keep good care of your blender, and keep away from your dog, your blender should keep up for a year at least. Also try ivory soap, best ever!

on 9/2/2014 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What can I say... this little beauty sponge lives up to all the hype. Doesn't waste as much product, easy to use, and blends like a dream. Don't buy the dupes, guys. Just go for the real thing. You won't be disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I can't do my makeup without this little gem. I've tried applying liquid foundation with some of the top rated brushes on MUA (Real Techniques Face Brush and Sephora Pro Flawless Airbrush #56) but my foundation always looks cakey and streaky. Applying it with my fingers gives me the same result. Not so with the BeautyBlender. This sponge leaves my makeup looking natural, even and flawless. The coverage is quite sheer to start with but can be built up easily. The only little thing that bothers me about this sponge is how difficult it is to clean it, even with the special cleanser. But other than that it's an absolutely wonderful product I will never be without.

on 8/23/2014 8:37:00 AM

I love this sponge so much that I would pay double what it's worth! Love love love

Popular Misc Beauty Tools