beautyblender the sponge

4.3

on 11/18/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I resisted buying this for years because I just couldn't justify paying $20 for a beauty sponge...and then I bought one with a gift card and I was hooked. I had used a drugstore brand before (the orange one) and I like it well enough but they broke really easily. It is worth the hype. It is soft yet solid and so bouncy. My makeup applies flawlessly with my Beauty Blender. I will never go back.

on 3/30/2018 11:25:00 PM

I am a professional makeup artist and there is no other sponge like the beauty blender. Real techniques is the closet thing to it. I don't see how any one can dislike this sponge if used correctly its perfect. Run it under water and squeeze it out and it blends all foundation smoothly and concealer giving you an air brush finish.

This is by far the best blender for a flawless airbrushed finish. I have tried other cheaper alternatives but the did not 'cut the mustard'.

on 12/11/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Whoops - meant to leave a 5 star review ;) Also want to add that the price on this REALLY is not bad. It has a long lifetime if you clean it regularly/air dry it, and it's an application game changer.

on 11/14/2016 4:04:00 AM

At first I was hesitant to spend over $20 for a make up sponge that you're meant to throw out after a few months but now I don't question the price tag at all. It can make a full coverage foundation just melt into your skin and you still get the coverage but no 'cake face'. Highly highly recommend spending the money and even though they recommend throwing it out after 3 months, if you wash it regularly and take care of it you can keep it longer.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

makes my concealer and foundation look flawless, way better than most brushes i've tried

on 10/24/2016 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

As much as I love my Beauty Blender, It sometimes is a pain removing the stains on the actual blender even when I am using its branded soap or shampoo. It can be quite fragile. I have to be careful when cleaning and using it.
I prefer using it damp and use a patting motion to blend my products. Dry...not so much.
That being said, I'm not sure what I did before they invented this thing.....

on 10/20/2016 4:50:00 AM

I love it

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, the Beautyblender sponge seems crazy expensive. But that's because it's been made with unicorn tears that will melt your foundation perfectly into your skin.

Okay, so maybe there are no unicorn tears but the sponge has truly changed my makeup routine. I've also tried the Real Techniques sponge, which is good but it just doesn't blend as smoothly, easily or as quickly as the Beautyblender.

Pros:
- leave a very smooth, even finish to your foundation and concealer. Easy to blend out around the jaw line and really presses foundation into the skin more a more natural look
- no streak marks like you get with some brushes
- Stops foundation from looking heavy on the skin
- It's quick to use and easy to wash/maintain

Cons:
- Price...but it's worth it

I won't be without one of these in my makeup arsenal from now on.

on 7/30/2016 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I tried a dupe first and it was very hard and did not work for me even after wetting it. After having a salesperson use one when applying a bb cream, I decided to purchase one. I am glad that I did. I now prefer it to brushes, even when applying a powder blush. As far as cleaning it, I found that washing it with a gentle cleanser and thoroughly rinsing it, did not remove the makeup. I now swipe it on a makeup remover towelette until it no longer leaves a streak, than I wash it and let it air dry. That may shorten the lifetime but it works and I will repurchase when it wears out. I am all for saving money but am willing to spend more on products that work better for me.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools