beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 56 & Over
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

on 1/12/2013 4:26:00 PM

I love this! I finally found the best thing to put on my bare minerals and my other makeup as well! I have been using bare minerals for at least 15 years (I am 59) and finally a way to put it on that eliminates fall-out and minerals wasted all over the sink. The first time I put it on I only did my foundation and I was stunned at the smooth air-brushed look. This morning I tried it to put on my eyeshadow, and even though I wear a dark color in my crease (soul sister) it still came out terrific. I also used it today to put on a powdered blush, a powdered bronzer, and concealer. I bought the pack with 2 and the cleanser. Today I ended up using both of them, as I used the pointy end of one for my concealer around my nose and eyes, and the other one I used the pointy end for my bare minerals shadow. What a joy to clean with the cleanser. Amazing that after all these years of using makeup I found a new tool. I am so pleased. Thanks to all of you, or without reading the reviews, I never would have even heard of it. Try using it for your mineral makeup! Less waste and a beautiful look.

on 6/30/2013 4:58:00 PM

All of you having trouble cleaning your beautyblender sponge; are you wetting it before using it??? What makes this sponge stand out from all the others is that you thoroughly soak it first, then squeeze it out (I was told to also squeeze it in a towel) it doesn't absorb make up like others do and I find it cleans easily. I have used mine with liquid and cream make up and no problem getting makeup off. I rinse it immediately after use and if the makeup doesn't all come off I use a little bit of baby shampoo or whatever I use for face washing. I have had mine for 3 months, use daily and it only has a very light discoloration.

I keep reading about people using this sponge dry; the most important thing about the sponge it is suppose to be wet first, it grows in size and wetting it keeps it from soaking up all the makeup.

on 6/28/2016 11:50:00 PM

It amazes me that many people do not know that you're supposed to wet the beauty blender then squeeze it out. I put a small amount of foundation on the back of my hand and pick up a bit on the sponge. Then starting at the middle of my face I sort of bounce the foundation on my face. Then I go back and add more foundation to spots that need moved coverage. I even use the beauty blender to blend my concealer. The beauty blender enables me to get a streak free finish and use less foundation. I find that my makeup look very natural and lasts longer.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools