beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 11/6/2006 1:08:00 PM

I found the Beautyblender sponge to be too small to handle very well. The company was difficult when I tried to contact them for a refund. They stated they were sorry I was disspointed with their product but could not issue me a refund.

I would try and check the product out thoroughly before I spent the money since it's NON-RETURNABLE.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this sponge! I was skeptical at first--and it is a little expensive for "just a sponge"--however after using this for a few weeks I know it's waaaay more than just a sponge. It doesn't compare at all to the usual sponges used to apply foundation. The key to getting the most out of beautyblender is not to rub--just kind of dab (it does all of the blending for you using this method, without wiping the foundation off). I have the mac 188 and just about every other foundation brush, but nothing really compares to this! I've used beautyblender with almost all of my liquid foundations and it performs equally well with each of them. If you prefer liquid foundation, this sponge is a must for you to try!! I'll definately be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the best product for putting on foundation. The shape, the feel, and the texture of this sponge are perfect!

Without a doubt one of THE best makeup tools invented. I use this with Almay Clear Complection foundation and the end result is more natural and flawless than I ever thought possible. Totally brilliant!!!

on 11/27/2013 12:08:00 AM

I had never heard about the beauty blender until a sales associate at Sephora recommended it. I took the plunge and bought it. It is amazing! I use the solid cleanser everytime iI use it. Do yourself a favor and get one! You can always return it if you don't like it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

EDITED 8/07/2016: I've changed my mind about BB! Upgraded from 3 stars to 5. Review below is outdated and needs to be rewritten when I get around to it. Long story short, I think my first BB was missing the instructions and I used it dry and didn't know I was supposed to apply via tapping/stippling (?). I got another one, followed instructions, and now love :).

"Oh! I get it now!" Yup yup. :D

======

I've tried both the BeautyBlender and a couple of cheaper dupes. They all performed about the same for me. Not horrible by any means (they do work!), but they're a PITA to keep clean. The outcome never justified the extra hassle, especially since my fingers get the job done just as well or better.

On a certain level, I admire the ingenuity of the BB but my fingers are always conveniently attached to my body and are much easier to clean, IMO. I also feel like they're less wasteful of product.

I've tried the BB with a variety of foundations and never once felt like it achieved anything I couldn't do with my fingers. When I buy a new foundation that doesn't quite work, I sometimes experiment with different modes of application (fingers, brush, BB) to see if they change the outcome.

There has only been one instance where the mode of application resulted in a substantial improvement, but that was from using a buffing brush with the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (BTW, I quite liked it, but ended up returning it because it was a bit too heavy for my needs).

Maybe my makeup routine is just too simple for me to appreciate the BB. I don't do any contouring or anything superfancy, and while I dabbled in highlighting for awhile with the Hourglass ambient lighting palette, that's more of a brush thing (I do use brushes for anything powder-based).

Anyway, meh about this. Probably won't buy another, although time and again, I'm occasionally tempted to give it another go as it seems to work so well for other people. Do I recommend it? Not for me personally, but based on the number of positive reviews, it definitely works for a lot of people!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I resisted buying this for quite some time, but I am very pleased now that I have given in. The finish on my concealer and foundation is fantastic, and far better than anything I have achieved with brushes or fingers.

I use it damp, as instructed, but I sometimes still find it absorbs a bit more of my makeup than I would like. But, I will continue to use this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was skeptical of this at first but it really impressed me. I don't know how, but it really does seem to help my makeup apply better and has a better finish than just using fingers or a foundation brush. I use Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation, which is really high coverage. The BB helps it look better and I can control the finish better. I've been using mine for about six months and it seems to be holding up well, except for a small tear on the end. I would repurchase because I like it so much.

I wear double wear foundation and usually apply with a brush but decided to try the beatyblendee I got the original pink one and followed the instruction of wetting it wringing it and using it and yes my foundation was nice but it definitely didn't give as much coverage and I was using more foundation than I normally do. It is also quite time consuming to put on. I also noticed that it wasn't staying in place as well as it normally did when I was using a brush. So after about 2 weeks of using it one morning I thought I'd revert back to my brush and decide which I prefer and the brush has won hands down I had good even heavy coverage that stayed in place all day was quicker to use and only used half the amount of the beauty blender. So it's back to my £6.00 foundation brush for me. It may work for you if you prefer a lighter more dewy look but if double wear is your HG then you probably prefer a heavier look so the beauty blender probably isn't for you.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools