beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 1/21/2019 11:12:00 AM

I resisted this for a while, wondering what could be so great about a sponge. I like to apply foundation with my fingers so it didn't even seem like it would fit into my m/u routine. But after giving this a chance I will never go back. I don't use it to apply foundation but to buff and blend after I've applied blush and setting powder on top. Just bouncing/lightly pressing it around my face gives an airbrushed finish.

on 11/18/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I resisted buying this for years because I just couldn't justify paying $20 for a beauty sponge...and then I bought one with a gift card and I was hooked. I had used a drugstore brand before (the orange one) and I like it well enough but they broke really easily. It is worth the hype. It is soft yet solid and so bouncy. My makeup applies flawlessly with my Beauty Blender. I will never go back.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried the beauty blender and other knockoffs, and I know some people love using these types of sponges when applying foundation, concealer, or even setting powder onto the face, because it provides a very seamless look when blending such out, however, it absorbs a lot of makeup into it, and even when you are washing these things everyday, they aren't getting 100% clean, even if you may think they are. That is because your mainly cleaning the outer surface of the sponge, while the makeup dirt and other stuff that has absorbed deep down into it is not being 100% removed with each washing at all. You can cut open a beauty blender and easily see all that deep down gook residing within it.

Also, because it eats up a lot of product, that's wasted product that you could have had to use, but now has been eaten by the beauty blender, which will make you have to replenish foundation, concealer, face setting powder, bronzer or whatever else you use the sponge for application with to definitely need to be re-plenished faster than if you had used a makeup brush or another makeup application tool, that doesn't suck up product into it.

Also, the Real Techniques knock off is basically doing the same thing is the best knockoff out there, so I would honestly recommend using that versus paying for this over expensive, overhyped makeup blending sponge.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use the pro (black) version of the beautyblender, and while I really like it I’m not using it often.
It blends a concealer like a dream by eating it up. So basically to make the end result looks like I like I must go heavy handed at the beginning and spend some quality time pressing and blending it to my skin if I use the normal amount of the product I will end up with a very sheer coverage. I don't have dark circles and I almost never use a concealer, like 10 times a year...
I don't like wearing liquid foundation, and it's definitely not the best tool to work with powders. It works quite well with cream products that need to look like a part of the skin, for example, color correctors, I prefer to use those to using concealers.
It also takes some time and significant efforts to wash it properly, and if you pick the white or cream sponge they will always stay stained. I just can't stand stained beauty tools, they throw me off. I love using white brushes and I have no problems cleaning those.

It is an awesome tool for anyone who loves liquid or cream foundations, wear concealer daily or loves spending time doing their makeup. I'm not one of those people. I prefer quick out of the door solutions and beauty tools that are fast to clean. Cream products do not sink deeply into the Beautyblender and are easy to wash off, so I use it solely with those.

on 7/4/2018 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not impressed at all.

I've been using the drugstore dupes for this, but I finally decided to buy the real deal since I have large pores and a sponge is my go-to for application. Grabbed the Queen edition packaging - pink sponge -- and at the check out, I asked the gal if it was the regular sponge and she said yes, just had special packaging.

Well, got home and took the sponge out-- first thought was 'why is there chunks coming off the bottom of the sponge already?' The bottom had a bit of sponge hanging, so I tugged it off- leaving a little hole in the sponge. Kinda like a loose thread? WTF? Brand new and the sponge is fraying/fuzzy/pulling off?

I decided it wasnt a big deal, applied foundation -- which it applied nicely, but then 2 more things happened: sponge didnt swell up as big as I thought it would, maybe Im used to rt sponges, or maybe ppl's sponges look bigger in videos, but I felt it looked smaller than norm, and #2 (the biggest dealbreaker)--- it would NOT wash clean. No matter how much I used of my DIY sponge cleaner (which has worked on everything else) I could not get my foundation to completely wash out. And I used even oil, thinking it may have been my foundation not breaking down? Nope. After fussing with the sponge and thinking it was just stained, I bobbed the sponge on a towel and NOPE -- still makeup residue coming off the sponge.

So now it sits on my beauty table, used once, stained, still makeup residue (and I use not even full coverage foundation) and looks like I'd had it for 20 years. Waste of money, regret purchase, stick to the $5 RT sponges. So much better, available everywhere, clean so much better (especially if you have acne-prone, sensitive skin like me!) and better bang for your $$$. Unless the bb sponges in the limited edition Queen packaging are defective, this is a piece of crap! So disappointed. Ugh.

on 3/29/2018 2:02:00 AM

I am addicted to this sponge. I have this in the original bright pink version and this applies my foundation with a smoother and natural finish. I clean it every after each use with the solid cleanser.

The real techniques sponge is just as good but I have a chanel fdtn brush I love so anyways I prefer my fingers. It warms the fdtn and can get every nook & cranny. Just personal pref! These sponges are good. But I could easily live w/o mine.

on 1/2/2018 12:32:00 PM

I've been using this pricey little sponge for almost four years. The people who don't like the beauty blender, from what I can tell, tend to be people who prefer a heavier foundation application. Yes, it makes your foundation go on somewhat sheer, but it is buildable. However, you will probably use more product with this then you would with a brush. Having said that, I find the beauty blender to give a flawless finish (even with cheaper foundations) that I've found in no foundation brush I've ever tried. This is a holy grail product for me for applying liquid foundation, blending out cream contours and highlights, concealer, or applying your bake. I've tried cheaper dupes for this and none of them even come close. BB has a unique texture and firmness that the cheaper sponge applicators can't seem to mimic. However, I do find the traditional white triangle sponge applicators to be an exception. They're almost just as good in my opinion, but due to their smaller size and the fact that they don't last nearly as long as the BB, this one wins for me hands down. Yes, it's ridiculously expensive, but it really will last you a long time if you take care of it. I find that you can use it for longer than the recommended time frame if you look after it properly and make sure to wash and air dry it after each use. I've only ever purchased the original pink ones, but have read that the black pro sponge gives heavier coverage. So that will be my next purchase to test this out. It's worth the money in my opinion.

I wear double wear foundation and usually apply with a brush but decided to try the beatyblendee I got the original pink one and followed the instruction of wetting it wringing it and using it and yes my foundation was nice but it definitely didn't give as much coverage and I was using more foundation than I normally do. It is also quite time consuming to put on. I also noticed that it wasn't staying in place as well as it normally did when I was using a brush. So after about 2 weeks of using it one morning I thought I'd revert back to my brush and decide which I prefer and the brush has won hands down I had good even heavy coverage that stayed in place all day was quicker to use and only used half the amount of the beauty blender. So it's back to my £6.00 foundation brush for me. It may work for you if you prefer a lighter more dewy look but if double wear is your HG then you probably prefer a heavier look so the beauty blender probably isn't for you.

on 4/15/2017 1:02:00 AM

Okay, so after years of using dupes of this (I live in Japan, so these aren`t sold here), I finally tried the famed Beauty Blender. Yeah, it`s a nice product, does what all the other reviewers who love it claim it does. But...so do the other dupes I`ve tried (RT sponge and Cathy Doll Ice-cream Cone). Not to mention those dupes cost a fraction of the price of this, clean more easily (I mean the brown foundation spots actually come out after 2-3 washes), and are a tad sturdier. So while the original might be a great product, in these days of presidential tycoons who don`t pay taxes and live on our backs, financially speaking I prefer sticking with the more modest options.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools