beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

on 7/14/2018 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

As a makeup addict, I resisted throwing 26 CAD $ at a sponge until one day, after reading all the positive reviews and hearing about how there was no real dupe for the real thing, I caved and purchased the pink one whilst browsing at Sephora and now there's no going back. This blends my foundations like a dream and doesn't eat up as much product as other sponges do. My skin looks effortlessly flawless and has less of that makeupy look that a buffing brush paired with certain foundations can give you. I will definitely buy this again.

on 8/24/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like the teardrop shape of this product, It does a good job blending my foundation. I prefer it over the brushes I was using before. I've also tried the Beauty Blender minis, which are cute too. Overall a must have a great addition to your brush collection!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

A wonderful sponge to apply my liquid foundation perfectly ! The only con's is that you have to wash it after every application but the result is much more better than using a brush !

on 2/5/2016 1:18:00 AM

I didn't believe the hype for these for many years. Not sure what made me change my mind and buy one, but I am glad I did. Loved it so much I bought them for my mom and sister soon after. Had tried generic makeup sponges before (but always dry -- never damp). The damp sponge is key (maybe more generic sponges would have worked better for me if they were damp). Especially love using this with my NARS tinted moisturizer (a product that I had pretty much given up on because I couldn't blend it well with just my fingers/regular makeup brushes).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'll start this with a disclaimer that I have 2 BB's and both I got free in Birchbox and Glossybox. So I dont have the same negative feelings about price. I might feel differently if I had bought with my hard earned cash as they are pricey
I LOVE my BB - it beats any brush hands down for natural application. I use one for foundation and the other for cream blush and it blends them seemlessly. It also gives a v fresh glow
This wont apply to all but I often do my 60 yr old mums make up - I find foundation sits in her lines and looks cakey which is even more aging BUT with the BB this makes a massive diff as it covers any uneven colour but doesnt cake.

Cons
- price
- your foundation doesnt stay on as well IMO as it would with brush or hands

on 8/12/2014 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My first foundation sponge was of course none other then those white wedge sponges that at one point everyone including makeup artist used to apply foundation. When I realized that Prescriptives was selling a foundation brush, that was the first time I had ever tried one. So I bought it and used for over 10 years. When kabuki brushes came out, I knew I had to try that so I rushed out and got one as well. I used that one for about a year, but still was never satisfied with how my makeup ever looked with any of those foundation applicator tools. That is until I heard, bought and tried the beauty blender sponge.

Out of all the tools I have used in my life to apply my foundation and concealer, nothing has worked as well as my beauty blender. I cannot say enough about this product. This sponge works like magic. It makes my foundation go on smoothly, leaves no streaks behind and blends so amazingly. It literally gives you a flawless coverage to the point where if you stipple it, it hide your pores with your foundation that it gives you a porcelain like complexion! I know the famous makeup artist Wayne Goss says not to over do it with the perfect no pore complexion, but I just love the way it makes my face look.

However the only problem I have with this sponge is that it started breaking part only after a few months. I would of thought it would of lasted longer then 2-3 month worth of use. Note, I don't wear makeup everyday, so that really disappointed me!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Best EVER!!!!! No dupe will ever come close. Worth every penny of the $20! I will buy again and again and again!

on 5/8/2014 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Heard about this and saw this around for years...only got to buying it now. Mainly because I was lazy to wash it every day.

I have a couple of foundations that don't work well for me (sinking into pores) and I thought that I would give it a try. In fact, I was going to bin my Becca Matte Skin Shine Proof Foundation because it looked awful whether I used fingers or foundation brushes. It just sank into my pores immediately after application. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't happen when I used my Beauty Blender. In fact the foundation looked pretty decent and lasted more than 12 hours on me looking just fine.

Pros:
- Natural coverage. This is going to be a con if you want heavy coverage. You can layer your foundation but it might take a longer time to apply.
- No brush streaks, foundation looks smooth
- Can be washed quickly (<2 min) with the solid beauty blender soap. I bought mine in a set and the soap is good, it doesn't turn icky if you drain it out properly.
- The sharper side is good for edges of the nose etc. It really blends the foundation out in these places
- Foundation doesn't settle into pores.

Cons:
- Have to wash it after every use or foundation might stain it
- Have to soak it in water and squeeze it out before using...time consuming for me as I have to run to the toilet to do that D-:
- I use more foundation than usual. After all, it's a sponge, it soaks up some foundation in the process. For me, roughly half a pump more as compared to using brushes
- Won't last as long as a brush, has to be replaced
- Takes longer for me to blend my foundation as compared to using a brush.

I really do like this despite the fact that it takes longer for me to apply my make up in the morning. If I'm in a rush, I would choose to use my regular brushes though. However, if you have a foundation you don't like, perhaps you could try using a beauty blender as an alternative form of application. I have heard of the pink beauty blender bleeding color when washed but my black one has held up just fine.l would repurchase this for sure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I will not go without this product! Can not believe I lived without it before. Makes any foundation blend into the skin and look flawless. Just like second skin.

on 9/7/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like the beautyblender. I've used various sponges before, including the dupes from Winners/Marshall's, but I never really liked any. The authentic beautyblender is just different. It's soft and has enough give to blend nicely. I usually spray it with Fix+ before applying my foundation with it. Way too expensive, though, so I'm not sure if I would ever buy another one. The only reason I got it in the first place is because I had $20 Glymm points to use up (I got it just a few weeks before Glymm went belly up - good timing on my part).

Popular Misc Beauty Tools