beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Admittedly I don't wear foundation often (usually just CC cream for sheer coverage) but when I do...THIS is what I use to apply it. It makes applying any liquid foundation a whole new experience... I use less product, it goes on much smoother and somehow 'settles' into my skin better. Visually I can see a difference, normally with a blender brush it's as though my foundation is just 'sitting' on my skin, it isn't settling into it properly, and I can tell later as it starts to wear off and creases. Usually 10 hours or so is the maximum I can get for coverage but for some reason the sponge is extending that by another couple of hours...how? I do not know! It's hard to explain but this works a dream. I just can't believe I only went out and got myself one this past week. Goodbye to my trusty blender brush, 'The Sponge' is what I'll be using from now on. Well worth the investment!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/14/2018 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

As a makeup addict, I resisted throwing 26 CAD $ at a sponge until one day, after reading all the positive reviews and hearing about how there was no real dupe for the real thing, I caved and purchased the pink one whilst browsing at Sephora and now there's no going back. This blends my foundations like a dream and doesn't eat up as much product as other sponges do. My skin looks effortlessly flawless and has less of that makeupy look that a buffing brush paired with certain foundations can give you. I will definitely buy this again.

on 3/30/2018 11:25:00 PM

I am a professional makeup artist and there is no other sponge like the beauty blender. Real techniques is the closet thing to it. I don't see how any one can dislike this sponge if used correctly its perfect. Run it under water and squeeze it out and it blends all foundation smoothly and concealer giving you an air brush finish.

I’ve held off buying this sponge for the longest time since 2015. And i should’ve just kept it that way lol.
For the longest time i thought it was gonna be mindblowingly soft n bouncy lol. I’ve only been using the RT sponge coz that’s the one i could afford.
I was just so underwhelmed by this sponge! It wasn’t very bouncy, squishy and it doesn’t perform any better than my good ol’ $7 RT sponge. In fact the RT sponge feels a lot more bouncier and squishier.
Don’t get me wrong, it works, and it also blended my foundation beautifully and seamlessly, It’s just too expensive for what it is, and now i’ll just have to use it until it breaks apart lol. I wouldn’t reccomend this sponge whatsoever, there are just many other sponges that work as well for a fraction of the price.

on 2/27/2018 11:02:00 PM

Beauty Blender is worth buying.I have got pretty lots of makeup in my collection but I'm not buying all I would want cause I don't have that money.But I still think this is worth (is it $16).There ain't a product like this (although I've heard the flower beauty Blender is great) I believe.When I use this to apply my foundation with bouncing motion, result is always flawless. I use Beauty Blender for foundation applying, to apply my cream blush, to apply concealer and also loose powder. Usually I tend to wet the BB with a face mist/spray. That way I don't have to hurry to the wc for wetting it. And I can also use it dry for erasing powder makeup like even out my blush if there's too much. It's a game changer!

on 5/5/2017 12:28:00 AM

I bought my first BB in December last year after reading up so many good reviews about it.

Personally I feel that this sponge really gives an airbrushed finish, and I use it to apply my liquid foundation, concealer, blusher as well as when baking my under eye. I got the black BB as my first one only because it's my favorite color. I also bought the BB liquid cleanser and it really washes out all the stains and whatnots, leaving my BB looking as good as new, each time, every time.

I always use my BB wet and found that it helps with spreading my foundation evenly. It gets a little tiring on the hand whenever I use the bouncing motion to apply my foundation but hey the finish is what matters! I was devastated when my toddler got hold of my BB which I left on my make up table for drying, and tear off the tip of it! Not wanting to be left feeling helpless, I went on to purchase the set of 5 at a bargain price from Sephora. Now I have 6 BBs in my drawer but I have not touched the new ones yet as I am still using my first one despite it missing the tip and all. Overall a good purchase and I would recommend it to all my friends.

on 3/1/2017 7:20:00 PM

I was late to this trend, as usual. However, I am just glad I finally got with it. I love this thing! I have tried a lot of other sponges, even the highly coveted Real Techniques sponge and none compare to this. It has the perfect absorption, texture, whatever you want to call it. The perfect bounce. I never liked foundation until I found this thing. Now I can actually wear it without wanting to rip off my face. I adore this thing and will continue repurchasing it when I need to. I already grabbed the 4 piece set after getting the first one. (comes with the black one, the mini one, the original and the soap)

Like many, I avoided buying this for a while. I finally caved when I found a bundle deal at The Makeup Show in NYC. I'm in love. Absolutely in love. I use this in combination with a paddle brush to apply my foundation and contour. It is wonderful at giving me as flawless a finish as I can get on my aging, problematic skin. I'd buy this again, but I do wish it were a little less expensive.

on 1/1/2017 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My gawd. This is THEE foundation, concealer and loose powder whisperer. I swear I have never experienced a more beautiful coverage than I do when I use this. I have the pink and the black and once dampened they are so soft! I have used this with $5 foundation and $62 foundation. And all price points in between. It applies foundation like a dream and I also bake my whole face with setting powder using the damp sponge and it makes me appear poreless. I will continue to repurchase.

on 11/14/2016 4:04:00 AM

At first I was hesitant to spend over $20 for a make up sponge that you're meant to throw out after a few months but now I don't question the price tag at all. It can make a full coverage foundation just melt into your skin and you still get the coverage but no 'cake face'. Highly highly recommend spending the money and even though they recommend throwing it out after 3 months, if you wash it regularly and take care of it you can keep it longer.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools