beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 7/11/2017 3:38:00 PM

Flat sponges are better and cheaper. The beauty blender absorbs too much product and the results are not worthy of the praise I've been hearing about. You are better off using a flat sponge, shiseido foundation brush or your fingers. This silly cheapo sponge is ridiculous. It is worth $2 at most. It's funny how all the people who gave BB 5 lippies describe their method of application in such a way that it sounds exhausting as well as inconvenient. C'mon. People are trying too hard to make this silly thing work. The company is really having a good laugh.

on 2/24/2017 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had used the cheaper sponge before this, thinking all sponges do the same job. But I was wrong, I brought the original to give it a go and I never had a sponge that do a great job. I always wash my sponge after I used. well at least alternately. As I washed, the sponge looks like new. No product lingering unlike the cheap dupes. I was really amazed. I would buy again, but I don't think we need to giving the excellent job in cleaning. when cleaning it, the dye bleeds out, I'm quite worry if in a long run, the color changes. so far I've got this for 3-4mths. Seems good.

on 2/18/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Works great for me. Nice finish and applies smoothly. It's a little expensive nut I would buy it again

I was avoiding purchasing this for about a year and a half because of its price. And I've been trying dupes in the meanwhile. However, I just couldn't resist the urge anymore.
The hype is real, as no other sponge I've tried compares to this. I used to think all sponges were the same, because it's only a sponge after all. But I studied the topic and realized that this sponge has an "open cell structure" technology that the brand claims is unique and that I assume is copyrighted, so the other dupes can't come close to it. And from experience I can say it's true, from observing the following:
- It's so much softer than other dupes
- Very easy to clean compared to dupes
- Doesn't absorb much product as other dupes
I use the BB mainly for applying CONCEALERS and high coverage foundations which normally look cakey if applied with a brush. The BB reduces the texture left by high coverage foundations (in my case, my HG high coverage is Inglot HD foundation) and improves their appearance on the skin. As for light to medium coverage foundations (in my case my HG light coverage foundation is the Bourjois Healthy mix/radiance reveal foundation) I still prefer applying them with a brush because, even the one and only BB will absorb most of it. But I really adore the BB for concealer application. I wash it with dish washer and olive oil after every application and it's still not stained!
I give it 4 lippies because of its high price, but i understand why it's pricey. Being a copyright product with that "unique" technology. But if you ask me if it really makes a difference being the original BB, my answer is yes.

I have purchased 4 Beauty Blenders (2 Original Pink and 2 Pro Black) at $28 CAD each. They're absolutely amazing. They're incredibly soft and blend foundation and concealer very well, but they're still durable (I've only developed some tearing in 2 of the 4 sponges after using them for about a year and a half each). Beauty Blender claims you need to replace the sponge after about 3 months of use, but I find with proper cleaning, they tend to last about a year or so. They are expensive, but for the results and longevity, I think they're completely worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There will always be controversy over this because of the price; a lot of people cannot rationalize spending $20+ on a sponge, and I definitely sympathize with that line of thinking, but this is one of those times I had to just swallow hard and bite the bullet.

After all, we have no problem spending that kind of money on a makeup brush, or a lipstick, and those might not even get as much daily use as this does. I am not sure how well these hold up on a long-term basis; I have had mine for about a month and it is still in perfect condition. Before this I was using the NYX blender which is cheaper and I can recommend to you, but this blender is a bit softer and bouncier.

If you're looking for the ultimate makeup tool that will simplify your routine and take foundation/concealer/contour application to the next level, this is the final frontier. I can't even tell you how much better and smoother everything looks since I threw this in the mix. I even use this to pick up powder and "bake" my undereye, forehead and Cupid's bow areas. It goes without saying, if you want the most bang for your buck, this must be used dampened.

So, that's that. I spent $20 on a freaking sponge and it was maybe the best beauty decision I've made in a decade. It's one of those things you really have to just experience for yourself, but it gets my vote.

on 4/12/2016 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was hard for me to purchase as I couldn't justify spending $20 on a sponge, so I originally bought a dupe, which I quite liked. However, the original beauty blender is amazing. It really does make foundation look more natural, it doesn't leave any lines like a brush sometimes does. It is awesome for blending out concealer! It does apply liquid foundation quite sheerly but you can definitely build with it. The one thing that does irk me...is I do reckon you use more product with it. But, I would happily sacrifice a little bit more product to for a flawless base ;) also makes applying foundation super quick, just dab dab dab done. And it is good for applying powder if you want a bit more coverage. Yep, would buy again.

EDIT: it grew MOLD!! Even after keeping it clean, I think maybe I didn't air it very well at times, a bit of a shame.

I just got this, but so far I love it!!

on 1/27/2015 9:25:00 AM

The best thing to ever happen to me. I have dry/sensitive skin with dry flaky patches. Every single foundation brush I used just irritated my skin, make the flakes even worse, and it ends up being patchy and cakey. I like sheer/glowy/natural finish and this does the job perfectly.

I have tried other dupes but they do not even come close to this. It's expensive for a sponge but its well worth it for me.

My only con is it leaks a lot of pink dye. I don't really want that near my skin and after a few washes the sponge also looks quite old/beat up.

on 9/2/2014 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What can I say... this little beauty sponge lives up to all the hype. Doesn't waste as much product, easy to use, and blends like a dream. Don't buy the dupes, guys. Just go for the real thing. You won't be disappointed.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools