beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

on 4/10/2018 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Nice, but too expensive for what it is. I bought two, used both up, and am not buying this again. Lots of dupes out there, but not all of them are as good as this. For example, L’Oréal has a sponge and it performs just as well in terms of makeup application, but it tears so easily. I switched to using those wedges after watching pony effect and it absorbs less product and spreads it out nicely for a quarter of the price plus you don’t have to wet wedges.

on 4/3/2017 11:56:00 PM

~Things i liked about product
Love the way it applies my makeup

~Things i dislike about product
Too expensive for a sponge
Doesn't really come clean

on 1/25/2017 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Applies foundation in a second, looks natural. What else do I need? I would forever use it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had this for awhile and I liked it, dont get me wrong but mine started to tear shortly after purchasing it. It lasted me for a month or two but then I couldnt justify spending the money on another one. So now I buy the knock offs they sell at TJMaxx and they work just as well. I admit that a beauty sponge is a MUST for every girl who loves to paint her face but not for the price tag if its going to break.

on 10/24/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have bought this thing twice now. I get about 40% upset when i forget to pack this while traveling, because it makes a decent sized difference in my makeup! I use this with makeup forever face & body liquid foundation, and i get comments that you can hardly tell i have makeup on ^.^

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my... How have I done my makeup so long without this?
I never really thought about what this sponge could do - because clearly, it's a sponge.
But it applies my makeup flawless. The foundation looks so natural and it really smoothes out pores and imperfections. Its great to use for concealer too because it blends it all so well.
Today I also tried it with powder - it left my skin so flawless. I really can get enough of this product and I need to get a backup! :-)

on 2/24/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have tried so many different blending sponges because I didn't want to take the plunge and spend $20 on a sponge. I found a lot of good, but not great knockoffs. After listing after this product for so long I finally decided to suck it up and buy it. I must say I am very happy with my decision. This is the best blending sponge there is. Trust me I've tried a lot. Wish I bought this one first instead of spending money on knockoffs. This gives a nice even finish and is the perfect shape.

on 12/2/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using this sponge for about a month now and I have to say that I love it.

This sponge applies my makeup better than the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. Although I still love that sponge, and I will buy it when I cannot afford the BeautyBlender's $20 price tag, the BeautyBlender just applies my makeup more even.

This sponge is less dense and more "bouncy" than the Real Techniques sponge. I also found that it takes less time to blend in my foundation with the BeautyBlender than the Real Techniques sponge, and the sponge soaks up less foundation. It is also easier to clean it. What I also found peculiar is that this sponge dries faster than the Real Techniques sponge. By the end of the day, my BeautyBlender sponge is back to its original size, while the Real Techniques sponge took about 2-3 days to fully dry out to its original size.

This sponge has also outlived my other Real Techniques sponges. Usually about two weeks in, my Real Techniques sponge has rips and holes all of the place due to my long nails. But the BeautyBlender has stayed perfect, even though I clean it more aggressively.

The $20 price tag is cheap, but it is worth it. It has already outlived my Real Techniques sponge and blends my makeup better. I can see this lasting me a long time. I will replace this eventually as sponges, even when cleaned regularly, can get a little nasty. But considering how much easier this one cleans and lasts, I don't see myself replacing it as often as with the Real Techniques sponge.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Originally, I didn't want to buy into the hype and pay $26 for a sponge for my foundation. Despite watching several YouTube videos where I saw the girls using them, I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a sponge shaped like an egg.

I went through several of the beauty blender knockoffs and thought they did perfectly fine and settled for that. However, one day, my friend told me about her experience with the beautyblender and how much she liked them so I decided that I would give it a try also so that I could compare the $5 sponge to the one that was 5 times its price.

I purchased the beauty blender and the first time I used it, I thought it was okay. I thought it absorbed a lot of foundation and felt like I was using slightly more than I had with the other sponges and other brushes I had as well. However I just assumed it was a new sponge so I didn't really think too much or poorly of it.

The more and more I use it, the more I see why people like it but at the same time, I find that it continues to absorb more foundation than I'd like. I also feel that it stains very easily and the stains arent easy to get out, even with the cleanser that is recommended. The first time I washed it, the water ran bright pink.

Bottom line is, I like it, but I dont love it. If I lost it, I'd probably buy it again but only if it were on sale or in a package deal. I think its convenient to have and makes blending foundation in the morning easier especially when I'm running low on time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I couldn't stand this product after using it three times. I didn't like how the foundation just sat in the sponge - it just didn't look sanitary to me and I don't have time to wash it every time and wait for it to dry. Not to mention, the pink dye just kept running off whenever I washed it and that's something I don't want transferring onto my face. The application didn't amaze me either - I was so disappointed.

I've tried other beauty sponges before and my favourite one only cost me $5, so for $26, I expected more. Buying quality brushes I think is the way to go and will probably last longer. I won't be repurchasing it because there are better cosmetic applicators.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools