beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by age: 19-24
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

I've been using the beauty blender for some time now and I thought that it might be a good idea of sharing my opinion about the sponge and sharing some tips and tricks on how you can make this work. - It's in the video on your right or above this paragraph.

I love this sponge so much and you can use it for so many steps in your makeup routine, it's not only for foundation! Using the beauty blender for any liquid or cream makeup products will work out! But most important, don't forget to clean the sponge every time after use because this is how you can keep the beauty blender clean and it's easier to wash.

on 8/16/2018 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I will repurchase this, the beauty blender really makes foundation and primer look amazing. I use it damp and I need only a very small amount of foundation and it blends so nicely with this.

on 4/10/2018 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Nice, but too expensive for what it is. I bought two, used both up, and am not buying this again. Lots of dupes out there, but not all of them are as good as this. For example, L’Oréal has a sponge and it performs just as well in terms of makeup application, but it tears so easily. I switched to using those wedges after watching pony effect and it absorbs less product and spreads it out nicely for a quarter of the price plus you don’t have to wet wedges.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first 'special beauty sponge' and it works nice. Not perfect and kinda inconvenient to use. Also on the pricey side so I'll try a cheaper one next time. I've previously tried those old school sponges and they're also okay. Not a huge difference.

I've tried all the cheap dupes in hopes of finding something less expensive, but believe me, the real deal is worth it. A true investment.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you`re reading these reviews you`re probably still wondering "what`s so special about a sponge?"
I don`t know how or why but it blends like a dream! It picks up the right amount of product and transfers it into the skin, unlike other sponges or brushes which tend to just move the product from left to right on the skin. It saves sooo much time, as you won`t need to touch up unless you want to build a stronger look. It makes any foundation and concealer blend flawlessly- no patches!
I cannot remember the last time I picked a brush to apply my foundation, powder or concealer with since I got this sponge.

I didn't want to give into the hype with this since I love my MAC 187 for foundation way too much. But once I tried it, I was hooked. I use it wet to apply liquid foundation. It is much easier and smoother and less streaky than using a stippling brush. I wash it in fairy liquid in the microwave for 20 seconds. I find it hard to wash and I never feel like it's really clean, which is why I hate sponges.

I've been using the Beauty Blender for more than 3 years now and I'm so glad I joined the hype train. Yes paying almost $30 for a sponge is ridiculous but it lasts AGES if you take good care of it and my makeup has never looked better. I honestly don't even remember the last time I used a brush to apply my foundation. I've used both the original pink and the black pro version. Personally I prefer the black version for thicker, full coverage products and the original for sheer and medium finish foundations. I've tried the Real Techniques dupe but I just keep coming back to this, and I will continue to repurchase!

on 4/3/2017 11:56:00 PM

~Things i liked about product
Love the way it applies my makeup

~Things i dislike about product
Too expensive for a sponge
Doesn't really come clean

Before purchasing the Beauty Blender, I tried numerous brushes for foundation- they ranged from flat tops, and stippling brushes. I tried the Real Techniques sponge first, & it's a great product, but I was still curious about the BB. I tried this right after purchasing, and fell in love. It blends out foundation and concealer beautifully. I use the butt (:D) of the BB in a bouncing motion to blend out foundation, and the pointed edge under my eyes. The best part is that the BB is also wonderful for setting your face with powder, both pressed & loose. It doesn't stop there- it's also great for bronzer, highlighter & blush. I forgot my face brushes while on a small vacation, but had popped the BB in my purse, and that's the day I learned about all the extra things it's great for. Definitely worth it because of its versatility :) the only con to this product is that it's hard to blend around my eyebrows, but that's not a deal breaker. Give the Beauty Blender a whirl ♡

Popular Misc Beauty Tools