beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wow. Quickest and easiest way to apply my foundation, with an absolutely flawless finish. I loved my Sigmax brushes for quite a while but I don't think I'll be going back to them. Literally amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This worked like a charm for me back when i was using my Revlon whipped creme foundation. Actually, it worked like a charm for ANY liquid/cream foundation! You just wet the sponge and gently squeeze any excess water out of it before each use (i cleanse it with my purpose gentle cleansing wash- works well). I dot the foundation onto my face, going section by section, and blending as I go with the bb. You just stipple/bounce it on your face till its all blended it. There really is nothing like it. It just looks so natural, but still flawless. Ive tried multiple knockoffs and liked them, but honestly this is miles better and lasts way longer. I actually bought a backup a few weeks ago, but now I use bb cream and just apply with my fingers for a quick application. For now, I wouldnt repurchase simply because I dont use it anymore, however, in the future I may repurchase. The other reason I barely use it anymore is because I'm getting up at 5:20 for school, and washing it is just an extra step I cant be bothered with anymore haha.
Overall, this is a great great product, and I completely reccommend it! I still love mine, I just dont use it for the bb cream I'm using now.
It's a complete ripoff though, and that's another reason I just can't justify continuing to repurchase. 20 bucks for something that probably costs a dollar (or less!) to make is just ridiculous.
But, as a whole, it does such an amazing job blending that it's almost worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

AMAZING! I was very skeptical paying 20 bucks for this, but it has changed the way I apply foundation and makes it a beautiful finish with no streaks. I use the pointed end for concealer. I will occasionally see people not DAMPENING it before use. Make sure you do that it will make a world of difference. Buy this:)

This product wasn't bad. But IT IS WAY TO GOSH DARN F***ING EXPENSIVE!! I paid $27 for a damn egg shaped sponge. A SPONGE!!! I know, I sound crazy, paying that much for a damn makeup sponge. But alas, I did. It wasn't a bad sponge, I quite enjoy it. But I don't need it to complete my life. I found a similar looking makeup sponge at the drugstore that I will be purchasing from now on because I don't want to go bankrupt over a damn little egg shaped sponge. But if you own a house in Beverly Hills and own 6 Mercedes, then you can continue buying and using this sponge.

I love and use my beauty blender every single day. I find that I can build up a good amount of coverage over my acne-prone skin, but still makes my foundation look natural. Overall it's a wonderful product and I would recommend it to anyone who can bear the price.

It's a pretty good product. It blends out foundation evenly, doesn't suck up to much product, and leaves a nice smooth finish. However if you have mild to severe acne or acne scaring and you want your foundation to cover it up flawlessly I would recommend using a stippling or buffing brush for maximum coverage.

Side Note: If you try to sanitize the beauty blender with rubbing alcohol some of the color will rinse of leaving it a bit lighter.

on 7/16/2014 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

When I first saw this online, I was all like, "No way am I spending $20 on a SPONGE."
But guess what... I did anyways.

I got the duo set in black off of Amazon. I didn't think I was really going to like this product, but I actually do! The packaging is cute, and can double as storage for the sponges. This thing actually does its job. It is meant to be used when it's damp, but not soaking. I also find that this works best with liquid or cream foundations. When used as a stippling tool, it gives an airbrushed effect that is a lot more attractive than a makeup brush. I also like that this can also be used to blend in powders and creams so it adds to the airbrushed look.

As for cleaning, I use a baby shampoo and some warm water to get most of the makeup junk out from inside the sponge. I'm trying to be as careful and gentle with this as possible because I've heard some horror stories about these bad boys getting deep tears and rips in them during cleaning and regular use.

Overall, I like this product and I probably would pay another $20 to repurchase this in the future.

on 7/21/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Don't fall for the dupes out there! Tried them all and nothing compares to the finish and coverage and application of the real beauty blender! I have so much acne scarring and this makes my face look airbrushed and look like I have glowing, dewy, poreless, clear, radiant, skin. I get so many compliments from people about my skin and they ask me what my secret is, I say it's the one and only beauty blender.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this on birch box and managed to get two for the price of one, which is the only good thing I can say about this product. The beauty blender is nothing special, and is just as good as any other brush. Brushes last years and this only lasts a couple of months and is almost the same price.

on 6/29/2016 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just love beautyblenders... The make up looks more dewy which I love (if you don't - grab some extra powder) and prevents it from looking cakey. It's so universal - concealer, foundation, contouring. I'd recommend it to anyone!
PS. I've tried the red one and that one bled colour which I didn't like so I prefer the pink one.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools