Bare Escentuals Fashionista Liner Shadow

4.2

on 7/8/2016 2:58:00 AM

Love this as a eye shadow as well as liner....This is what i wear daily and have gone threw a couple jars in the yrs i have worn it.It makes my green eyes pop like no other brown i have used......They stopped making it so i stocked up on them from ebay....I hear tho they brought it back so that tells you how popular it was.

I use this product a lot on my upper lash-line to make my lashes appear more full. I love it for that. There are days when that is the only makeup I will wear, and it still looks like I put some effort into my makeup. I find that this product does smudge through the day and when I get home from school, I will have none left. It also somehow finds its way down to my waterline...

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

very very messy, but does a good job for a soft brown look. my favorite brown liner, but i also don't have many others :)

on 4/10/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hopefully they don't discontinue this. I use it more as a liner but it can be used for a smokey eye look. This liner spreads thinly or thickly depending on the quality of your brush. It does not smear. It doesn't melt and collect at that little pocket at those outer corners of my eyes. It looks natural when applied dry and with a brush whose bristles are splayed out a little but when used with an angled eyeliner or eyebrow brush for more detailing, it can be used to do a cat eye as well. i just love this stuff!
I even use this to set my gel liner and it makes my gel liner last longer and not smear.

on 4/5/2009 10:17:00 PM

I typically love browns for liner and almost always use BE or I use Paula's Choice matte shadows in smoky browns, however whenever I use Fashionista I look more tired. I think there is a teeny bit of an orangish cast to this brown--at least on me. Maybe it interacts with my chemistry or some seller I bought it from off amazon's "everything else" catagory it got tampered with, I'm not certain. I just look more tired and if I buff it out, I look a little ill. I prefer a darker brown to this, but a smokey tone, too. I instead like BE's Bark. One good thing for those who don't want shimmer, this doesn't have any. (I don't use liners with shimmer, I have faint creases now.)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love this one. It is a rich chocolate brown that looks awesome with my blue eyes. This has become a staple for me. I just pick up a tiny amount with an angled brush and sweep it along the lash line, and it creates a very soft, smoky look that is absolutely gorgeous. It pairs nicely with many other shadows I have as well. A little goes a long way, so it will take me a long time to use it up, but I will buy it again if I ever run out....and if they haven't discontinued it by then.

I Love this eyeliner because you can use it two ways : dry or wet. It is messy but it works great.

on 12/30/2008 10:33:00 PM

This is a great alternative to a basic black liner. It's dark brown, with maybe a hint of purple or eggplant. I've used this with a number of different eye colors. This is my everyday color and also works great in my crease or for a smokey look!

on 5/28/2008 11:51:00 AM

Love this color because it is so natural...it's just a plain brown color, but it is perfect to use every day.

on 4/16/2007 6:34:00 PM

I use this eyeliner with LA Femme cake eyeliner sealer (around $4 at makeupmania.com).. I love this color I wanted a dark color but not black and this is really nice. A dark brown which goes great with my Hazel eyes. Again, throw out the brush (I just can't stomach the BE brushes, just plain trash). I use a Mac #266 eyeliner brush and the line gets really close to my lashline. Looks great.