Kryolan Eyeliner - Black

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Kryolan Eyeliner - Black

on 8/29/2013 3:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my new love. I'm rubbish at liquid eyeliner, black gel liner I find to harsh for the office and other colours I do can use I don't use enough and they dry out quickly (so that's a waste). Powder just doesn't give that oumf I'm looking for. But this product is just the best solution. Being in powder form it lasts much much longer than gel, you get a huge amount of product: 3,5 g, .11 oz, much more than eye shadows (MAC: 1,8 g) so you have enough for a lifetime.
It's user-friendly, I spray my angled brush with plane water (filled up a spray toner bottle with water) one spray on each side than shake it and I find I get a very nice dark black line. If you want it even blacker just do another line when it's dry (and it dries very quickly). I have oily eyelids and even without primer it holds the entire day until I take it off.
Surprisingly removing it is super easy just with water and regular cleanser I use for my face.
The price is a bargain, I paid +/- 7 euro, I find that a steal for how much product you get. The packaging isn't glamorous, just round plastic pot with a screw on lid but the brand is just to the point and without much fuss, I don't expect for that price Tom Ford packaging.
The only problem is that Kryolan is incredibly difficult to find, in Belgium I haven't found it anywhere, I bought it from Germany in theater accessories shops and they don't have many products of the line but they can order them for me and ship them to Belgium. Quite a fuss and I can't swatch anything but they're worth it. I wish they would be widely available because they're amazing.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Originally I used contact solution to activate this because I don't like to use just plain water, I just feel like it thins out the powder too much for me & dilutes the color payoff IMO. The contact solution( Costco's Kirkland brand btw) I think works well at making the color smooth & deep. Keeps it liquid-y/viscous enough to give me time to work with it especially since I enjoy having cat eyes or crazy winged out liner on a daily basis. However, I decided to try this with the Kryolan Cel Sealer & OMFG am I impressed! These two were Obviously made for one another. If you need your liner to last and last Please GET them BOTH!!!! I also wrote a review for how bad ass the Cel Sealer is, so you can check that out too if you'd like :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This review is for the Kryolan cake eye liner in black.
This is an excellent eye liner and very easy to use. I use it with either a wet angled liner brush or a bent liner brush and it applies smoothly and is well pigmented. It is easy to get a thin line and to do a flick at the outer corner of the eye since its essentially a liquid eye liner once youve wet it.
This product stays all day on my upper lash line. It does tend to disappear on my lower lash line, but then its always harder for me to get product to stay on the lower lash line. I havent yet tried it with the eye liner sealant that Kryolan also make, which I think would probably improve the wear.
The cake is a good size and will last me many years if the product doesnt go bad. Im not too keen on the screw-top packaging, though, since its less convenient than a flip-top when Im rushing in the mornings.
Overall I would definitely recommend giving one of the Kryolan cake liners a try if you are looking for a matte, pigmented eye liner with good lasting power.